BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sad that he has left. I thought that he may have go more of a look in this season under Hughes, but it just hasn't happened. The guy could have been a real star in the Premiership, because his goals and his ability to go past players. He should have gone to the World Cup and then he would have avoided his accident. I can't believe that he has been at the club for seven years. Time really does fly. I wish him all the best and I hope he finds a good club to play for.

Perhaps it could be set-up that as a website (obviously for those members that wish to participate) we could send him some sort of message. Maybe something where everyone who wants to writes a little something just as a goodbye? Just an idea.

370477[/snapback]

Should Jansen leave - then I shall forward a copy of this topic to Matt. However as a matter of respect, any abusive comments will be deleted.

The home page news article by Alan says it all- Jansen is a Rovers' hero.

Not to build hopes or prolong the agony but the following is worth considering:

- Matt always has excellent PR (his brother-in-law has very good links) but even so its needed the dramatic image of him ripping up a £500K contract to get the story placed in the media.

- no doubt that amount is what he would have been earning in the next six months had he been playing. As he's not, he isn't earning.

- the PR story puts Matty firmly in the shop window at the start of the January transfer window; note he specifies wanting to go on loan to a Premiership club (loan from whom? - the Rovers obviously) to get a contract for next season.

- I am absolutely certain Matty would have gone in for training with the lads today and will continue to do so until something is sorted out.

I had wondered whether Matty would get a chance against QPR in the same way MGP kicked started his Rovers career at Cardiff last year.

Am I imagining this or have some posts gone missing from this thread???

370538[/snapback]

I quietly removed a rant of my own. It was based on a slight mis-reading of the article (I initially thought Matt was claiming to be hard done by, when Rovers had effectively paid him for a 4 year sickie. However, now I've read the full article, and as nobody had replied, I removed it and hoped nobody had seen it in the first place).

Perhaps it could be set-up that as a website (obviously for those members that wish to participate) we could send him some sort of message. Maybe something where everyone who wants to writes a little something just as a goodbye? Just an idea.

370477[/snapback]

Up at eight, you can't be late

for Matty Jansen, he won't wait.

Watch them run down to platform one

And the eight-thirty train for Matty Jansen.

Matty Jansen, the work's never done, there's always pastures new.

The ball's off your head, back of the net, you're never ever through.

And we were cheering all day, all day, all day!

A while back you could shoot, yesterdays was a beaut,

for there's still smoke pouring offa Reidy's boot.

Matty Jansen, the work's never done, there's always pastures new.

The contract's in two, you're back of the queue, no helmet silly moo

And we were posting all day, all day, all day!

Matty Jansen, Matty Jansen, Matty Jansen, off to join the losers Newcastle or Brum,

And he'll be playing away, away, away !

A massive loss for The Rovers but the damage was done nearly four years ago, what might have been doesn't bear thinking about. Given the form he was in at the time the sky was the limit for Matty, the only consolation is we would probably have lost him to one of the bigger clubs before too long anyway.

Thanks for everything son, you played the game the right way , with a smile on your face, and you certainly put a smile on mine.

Im just getting over the shock of all of this.

Matt is a legend, and always will be. A thorough proffesional. When you look at some of the players in the squad it's fair to say they aren't all whiter than white, but Matt is someone that you would want your son to grow up and aspire to both on and off the pitch.

And for the catty comments of people going on about how we have paid his wages for the last few years, maybe so, but aren't we still paying the wages of Flitcroft, Amoruso and players who haven't kicked a ball in anger for a long time. Could it not be they are just hanging round for the money?

Cheers Matt, your legend will always live on.

Maybe they could get him out tomorrow night to do the half time draw so we can say a proper goodbye?!

Just a thought................ sad.gif

And for the catty comments of people going on about how we have paid his wages for the last few years, maybe so, but aren't we still paying the wages of Flitcroft, Amoruso and players who haven't kicked a ball in anger for a long time. Could it not be they are just hanging round for the money?

370584[/snapback]

I'd be very glad to see both of those off the wage bill too.

Don't get me wrong, I apreciate everything Matt did for the club and he will certainly always be a legend to me.

However, like Simon Garner, I'd like him to be a legend who's wages we didn't have to pay if he's not going to play.

Since his injury he has made 19 starts and 32 substitute appearances in all competitions, scoring 7 times. He also had his loan spell at Coventry where he started 8 games and came on as a substitute once, scoring twice.

That's simple, Rovers reserves has become more of a Rovers u20 after Sparky arrived. However, both Thommo and Todd has played a few matches, so I guess it's because the coaching staff believes the club will benefit more from playing our younger strikers (Jemal, Derbyshire, Barker, Garner etc.) for the reserves.

EDIT:

I truly hope Jansen can find his feet at another club, he's a fantastic role-model both on and off the pitch - and has given so much to Rovers and us supporters. I like your idea, Alan, show Matty how highly regarded he is - if it were up to me he'd get a testimonial.

Edited by herbergeehh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.