BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the point is that Jansen wasn't sacked after riding a moped in Rome, because the club is presumably soft; how does Tugay being allowed to ride a bike without a helmet negate that point in any way?

370829[/snapback]

I wasn't saying the club was soft for not sacking him, the point was that he went against his contract. My point was that obviously if the club can allow thwm to ride bikes on a road with no crash hemlet, then surley it's the same for mopeds. So maybe Jansen didn't go against his contract, maybe he was allowed. That what was my point was.

Great player but the use of the term 'legend' is OTT.

Life can be so cruel....make the most of it while the goings good.

370765[/snapback]

Agree completely. Legend is over the top and he isn't in the same class as Garner.

He was a good player before the accident but never recaptured his best, understandably to be honest considering he nearly died!!

He showed great bravery fighting back to fitness, but its time to move on.

<Lovely guy. Could have been a great player. Ruined himself by stupidity. Got 3 years of wages for no return. >

How many games has he played / goals has he scored since his accident in Rome?

Defo more than none so the <no return> is nonsense...

Time for him to move on but let's not stick the knife in any more than is necessary...

(Legend is overstating things too....certainly a great player/ scored vital goals but keep the hype under control)

Edited by Billinge End Blue

He was a legend for the way he stuck around after we went down.

He scored the goals to bring us back to the Premier League.

He scored the goals to keep us there with Coley.

He scored the first goal in the league cup final in a match we won.

If that aint the stuff of legends, then what is? Nobody said he was the greatest player in our history, Sir Alan was. But he is among the best.

fair to say that since that accident in 2002 he has just not been the same player.

IMOHO he has had enough time to prove himself as a ist choice striker to Hughes, but it would appear that he has little faith in him to recapture his form of old. And to be frankfully honest you can't really disagree with him (MH) can you?

It's a big shame but that is how life goes sometimes

Jansen had two good seasons for Rovers yet seems to be held in higher esteem than players such as Tugay, who have had a far bigger impact on the club.

Doesn't suprise me, Rovers fans seemingly never do have priorities straight when it comes to praising, appreciating or welcoming players.

Great guy, very good player, but legend? God??!! Get a grip.

Just another brick in the wall, albeit, a nice brick.

And while Flitcroft is up for selection, the same can be said for Jansen who whilst he isn't playing isn't actually costing us anything.

370813[/snapback]

... other than wages, which are substaintial.

(The pay-for-play nonsense isn't true, even the article that started this thread states what his weekly wage is).

... other than wages, which are substaintial.

(The pay-for-play nonsense isn't true, even the article that started this thread states what his weekly wage is).

371021[/snapback]

I find it hard to believe that after 3 years of very little the club reoffered a contract worth in excess of £20k per week to him.

Presuming there is less than 6 months left for him to earn the £500k the article quotes.

My fave Matty moments

Rovers 2-1 Birmingham

Two late goals, including a last minute wonder goal. He said once that was his fave goal.

Rovers 2-1 Spurs

Helped win us the cup.

Rovers 5-0 Burnley( NEVER join them)

Two majestic goals.

Rovers v Bolton or Derby away(forgot which one)

Wonderful volley

That goal at Deepdale.

When he ripped PNE to pieces at Ewood.

Hat trick v Arsenal.

His contribution in the League Cup winning run.

Goal v Barnsley at Oakwell.

When he ran up with the banner to the Rovers fans when we beat Sheff Wed in semis.

So many great memories........ rover.giftinykit.gif Your a legend Matty. Please forward this to Jansen whoever can, he deserves it. Do you have his email or summat?

If he doesnt leave before weekend I would say his farewell appearance will be against qpr.

Kuqi needs a rest and limped off last night.

Dickov has worked his little legs off and needs a rest

Bellers will play 90 mins I am sure

so that will allow MJ to take his bow for the final time in a Rovers shirt.

If the point is that Jansen wasn't sacked after riding a moped in Rome, because the club is presumably soft;

370829[/snapback]

If he had made a complete recovery he would still be worth big bucks. Thats the only reason that he was given such a long time to recover imo.

We cannot afford to chuck money away but in this case we have. Hindsight now dictates that we should have potted him asap rather than waste all those wages and no one no matter how sentimental they are can deny that now, but foresight is what was needed and that is much much harder to come by.

Edited by thenodrog

If he doesnt leave before weekend I would say his farewell appearance will be against qpr.

Kuqi needs a rest and limped off last night.

Dickov has worked his little legs off and needs a rest

Bellers will play 90 mins I am sure

so that will allow MJ to take his bow for the final time in a Rovers shirt.

371047[/snapback]

Lets get the game won first and think about sentimentality second. Name him as sub if at all. He's hardly likely to bust a gut for the Rovers cause now is he? Personally I'd much rather see us play Benni McArthy upfront! thumbs-up.gif

Jansen had two good seasons for Rovers yet seems to be held in higher esteem than players such as Tugay, who have had a far bigger impact on the club.

371006[/snapback]

Jansen: English

Tugay: Turkish

Anybody who's english and does ok gets loads of praise, but yet someone like tugay who gives so much at a high level for so long has such praise reserved and is never really fully appreciated.

I'm dissapointed in hughes' judgement if he gave Jansen a contract with a high weekly wage, rather than the pay as you play deal touted!

He better not go to bloody Bolton. Certainly wont be seen as a legend in my eyes if he does.

371181[/snapback]

Why not? I think he'd make a lovely diver. biggrin.gif

If anyone can resurrect his career it has to be Allardyce and no doubt Big Sam will point out his record of putting shrinking Violets back in the spotlight.

With all due respect to Matt, he won't cut it at Bolton or Everton, two of the Premier Leagues more physical, battling teams. In fact he won't cut it anywhere in the PL or the Championship. His level is now League 1 or thereabouts.

One of the most frustrating episodes I can remember in my 40 years watching Rovers. It's cost us a few million in wages and had we been in a position where we had to sell him, anything up to £10m or so in transfer value. Not to mention his own frustration in having to start again, both on a personal front and on the football side of things.

It would be great to give him a fitting send off against QPR - Matt you were one of the best.

When I read of Bolton's interest-which someone on the board had speculated about- I wondered if any move might turn out to be one of the failures, as the last 3 moves from us to them have turned out to be: Richards; the right back in the youth set up some years ago who later went to Blackpool and a rather nice left-footed player who I suspect has left the professional game.

Or might he turn out to be the new Johnny Byrom?

When I read of Bolton's interest-which someone on the board had speculated about- I wondered if any move might turn out to be one of the failures, as the last 3 moves from us to them have turned out to be: Richards; the right back in the youth set up some years ago who later went to Blackpool and a rather nice left-footed player who I suspect has left the professional game.

Or might he turn out to be the new Johnny Byrom?

371233[/snapback]

Leam Richardson moved to Accy Stanley from Blackpool, and played left back against halfax on 2nd Jan.

Jon Walters moved to Wrexham during the summer

Left winger Ryan Baldacchino is now at Gretna.

Marc Richards went direct to Northampton.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.