BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

There's Only One Matt Jansen.

Alan75

Once in a while, at every football club a player becomes a legend, a hero to the supporters. A decade ago for Rovers supporters, names such as Hendry, Shearer, Sutton, Flowers roll off the tongue, before a new generation of heroes arrived at Ewood Park, in the form of Duff, Dunn and Jansen.

If press reports today are true, then the last of those three heroes, Matt Jansen, has played his last game for the club.

Matt Jansen, is reported by various media sources as wanting to try and resurrect his career and is quoted by the Sunday Times as saying:

"This is the hardest - and yet probably the most sensible - decision I have ever made.

"I am not a troublemaker and I do not kick up a stink if I am not in the team but enough is enough."

"I love the club but what was happening was tearing me apart.

"I have worked hard and put in some of my best training sessions but it is like I am invisible and no-one is watching.

"I respect manager Mark Hughes' decisions but I want to be playing."

One thing is for sure, should Matt leave the club, he will remain the hero of the Blackburn End and will go down in Rovers folklore as a legend along side the likes of Simon Garner.

Members Views

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.