BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nelsen

SAS

I have mentioned this in the past.  He also uses their training facillites.

USED to use their facilities.

He is from Welwyn Garden City, but was apparently seeing a girl from the Bolton area, so moved there.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USED to use their facilities. 

He is from Welwyn Garden City, but was apparently seeing a girl from the Bolton area, so moved there.

371268[/snapback]

Welwyn Garden CIty? Lovely place that, my mum and dad live aboiut five minutes from there.

Well I say lovely, but to be fair it is more like a horrible chav infested hellhole rammed full of disgusting chain shops and cockneys that fancied a change from Essex.

The fountains nice though, when they turn it on.

This had better not be true The Sun

4 match ban, if it turns out to be true a total over reaction to what is similar to Wengers comments for which he got a small fine!

How could justify that with so many horror tackles and fighting incidents going unpunished every couple of weeks. mad.gif

If I were Nelsen I'd go back to the press state that I'd give a arseload of money to a charity of the FA's liking and say what I pleased. That is if I were rolling in the dosh...

A Basketball owner did that over here. Donated a huge amount (I want to say a million bucks but that could be wrong) to a charity and had his say. Brilliant!

Nice to see the cogs of disclipline working nicely at the FA.

Am I being too cynical to suggest that any suspension (surely not warranted) would just happen to tie in with a second leg of the semi final at a certain Old Trafford?

371058[/snapback]

Cynical in thinking the FA would want to give Man U a helping hand in the Football League Cup, which has nothing to do with the FA and is competition for its own trophy, the FA Cup??? No not at all Stu... tongue.gif

As for Nelsen...ridiculous if he receives any punishment for what he has said.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Cynical in thinking the FA would want to give Man U a helping hand in the Football League Cup, which has nothing to do with the FA and is competition for its own trophy, the FA Cup??? No not at all Stu... tongue.gif

As for Nelsen...ridiculous if he receives any punishment for what he has said.

371306[/snapback]

Thank you for explaining the difference between the League and FA Cups to be FLB, I would never have known without you..... rolleyes.gif

ohmy.gif ...and there was me trying to be nice and not say your 'cynical' comment was ridiculous!  wink.gif

371313[/snapback]

When the 4 game bans come through you'll see I was right (they're all in conspiracy against us - all of them I tell you) wink.gif

Edited by stuwilky

Why are our players allowed to speak to the press if this is the consequence? Players are players simple as, they are not diplomats, managers, PR execs and not trained in media speak, so a total ban on speaking to the press and media by the clubs will stop any future problems...........

............. and in the process earn the Prem, the FA and the Referees assoc a right old shafting from their paymasters the self same press and media. What goes around as they say. wacko.gif

Why what did they say?

371347[/snapback]

USA, from The Sun article that modes mentioned.........

Kiwi Nelsen faces a possible four-match ban from the FA for his attack on referee Mike Halsey.

He was charged with improper conduct after accusing Halsey of having “a nice track record” of dismissing Rovers players.

Haven't seen a possible 'sentence' anywhere else.

USA, from The Sun article that modes mentioned.........

Haven't seen a possible 'sentence' anywhere else.

371356[/snapback]

A four match ban? It's a world gone bloody mad. As football 365 said you can spit, lunge, swear, elbow, stamp, punch, try to take some ones leg off all without reprisal, but woe betide you if you tell the TRUTH about a ref. A small fine and a polite warning to future instances should be the max here.

Course likely scenario, the FA will look at it, realise Ryan is a key figure for BRFC and ban him to make an example. Lua Lua will get a wrist slap, just to irritate us even more.

My cynical view of the Nelsen charge is, that the FA are not getting back at the Rovers for the Man U semi but the fact that Rovers cancelled a scheduled premier league game against Sunderland when the conditions didnt turn out to be that bad but these fixtures were put in place to aid the national teams world cup campaign thus angering the FA.

Rovers found the fault with the undersoil heating, followed procedures to remedy it, submitted a detailed report which cleared the club of any wrong doing.

Then with an irrate FA finding they couldnt impose any sanctions against the club then decided to use Ryan Nelsens comments as point for action.

The people who brought this charge from the FA board or panel should be made accountable and brought to book by Rovers fans all over the world. The fans should bring a collective pressure on the FA.

Well if the FA are trying to screw us over Rovers can easily play ball their way by appealing at the very last minute and try to delay the decision until after the second leg, as we REALLY need Nelsen for that game.

• Backroom

It's just been on Sky Sports News that the FA have decided to take NO ACTION against Alex Ferguson for his comments about referee Rod Styles after the Everton game mad.gif

What's the betting Ryan Nelson doesn't get the same treatment ??

It's just been on Sky Sports News that the FA have decided to take NO ACTION against Alex Ferguson for his comments about referee Rod Styles after the Everton game  mad.gif

371808[/snapback]

Just out of interest what did he say?

Most managers stop short of saying the ref is biased, which is what they have to do these days as it's not worth beign pulled in front of the FA every week or 2.

Nelsen is a victim of an FA that has no idea about the real issues in football and if they don't manage ti get wembley built on time they'll be even more trouble! mad.gifwithstupid.gif

What RFWsaid is all but identical in the implication to what our Ryan said.....

371849[/snapback]

Everybody are equal, but some are more equal than others....

Also a Norwegian saying:

Kong Salomon og Jørgen Hattemaker.

Can't be bothered to translate, its late and past my bedtime. Hmm, I could have translated it in the time it took me to write that. And that. unsure.gif

Also a Norwegian saying:

Kong Salomon og Jørgen Hattemaker.

371851[/snapback]

That sums the whole sorry episode up completely for me. You should send that to the FA, they'd be so embarassed they drop the charges on the spot.

It's just been on Sky Sports News that the FA have decided to take NO ACTION against Alex Ferguson for his comments about referee Rod Styles after the Everton game  mad.gif

What's the betting Ryan Nelson doesn't get the same treatment ??

371808[/snapback]

Was thinking the same True blue -also comments from Allardyce saying there has been a cover up after the Liverpool game because it was one of the Big Teams or words to that affect anyway.

IMO - all instigating the same thing and not disimilar to Nelsen's comments - yet who do they throw the book at...... exactly

Maybe JAL has a point with the cynical look at it.

In addition, listening to the radio driving in this morning Keith Hackett head of the Refs Assoc is calling for more ex players to become refs and looking into it in order to 'maintain the standard' of refereeing we have at the moment..... Jesus I nearly crashed my car -'maintain the standard' WTF is he on!!!! - but then again why should I be surprised as he wasn't much better anyway as a ref.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.