BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Vs Man Utd. 1st Leg

bob fleming

Got my tickets for the Man Ure & Notlob games tonight at around 5pm. The was a queue which seemed to be getting bigger as i left Ewood. thumbs-up.gif

On the downside, the ticket office woman asked where i wanted to sit? I asked where they had seats left, she said 'all over the ground' sad.gif I got a seat right on the halfway line in the Riverside.....no problem.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which although in a way is sensible, are we really in a position to be turning people away?

373186[/snapback]

No. In the current climate it's absolutely ridiculous. mad.gif

A bit of common sense from the TO staff and a couple of straightforward questions should be more than enough to establish "roversness"

We must be the only club in the country that tries to fill it's ground with away fans and makes it as difficult as possible for our own fans to get in.

The last thing we want is for Rovers fans who are genuinely queueing up to get stuck behind a host of Man Utd fans trying to dupe the staff into selling them tickets.

373161[/snapback]

You've lost me. So because we apparently can't spot a Mancunian pretending to be a Blackburnian we give up altogether on any attempt to sell tickets to our own fans?

Sod the post code- sitting at my PC whilst on the phone I could get any postcode anywhere in the World but asking them who eat bananas with their feet or who the Axe is would sort out the chimps!

373206[/snapback]

It's a fair point, but he has his address on his driving license which he offered to come down and show to the people at the TO. They just told him that it wouldn't make a jot of difference. This, to me, is going out of their way to be obtrusive.

every mank based paper reporting a fergie fledgling team to play at the real theatre of dreams tomorrow night as they have a massive game against city on Saturday morning.

If you believe that you will believe anything.

I fully expect vds, neville and rio in the back five, scholes and ronaldo in the midfield with giggs and vnd plus rooney up front.

It will make it all the seeter when Rovers steal a march in a first leg win

N'er a ball has been kicked in anger, two possibly great footy matches ahead and the bread is already being buttered for some folks to start dishing out the "Rovers screwed up" sandwiches. It seems it doesn't matter what the club does with tickets the same ones are moaning, you'll not please everyone.

Let's remember, if we are so concerned, the armchair and telly Brigade need only the slightest excuse to talk themselves out of going, one small justification. So, if you are really concerned, SHADDAP, and stop doling out the excuses.

Jeez, wish I was a Wigan fan.

BTW, expect a full strength United tomorrow, anything else and Fergie has lost the plot.

Edited by USABlue

I agree that fergie will put out a full strength team, taggart will want to win this one.

As for the crowd, i am really dissapointed with the number of tickets we have sold, i know not everyone can afford it and it is on sky etc, but 14-5000 home fans is garbage.

i think it is about time i stopped dreaming about sellouts, a passionate home crowd roaring rovers on, and realised that we have a poor crowd nowadays, and its diminishing all the time sad.gif

One of Mark's friends phoned up yesterday for a ticket and they refused to sell him one because he wasn't on the database. He had been to Rovers before just never bought a ticket for himself before. Even though he could prove he had a blackburn post code they said it couldn't prove he wasn't a Man U fan.

Which although in a way is sensible, are we really in a position to be turning people away? This is the kind of fixture that could bring new fans to the club, but if they are getting tunred away it is completely sending out the wrong message.

373186[/snapback]

Similar problem, although have got ticket in the end.

For games like this you need a previous history of buying a ticket. Now since I normally go as a family my dad books the tickets, thus despite going to most home games and a couple away each season for absolutely ages I've no history on the database. When I go with mates it's normally on the spur of the moment to less attractive games, paying cash and getting the ticket an hour or so before the game. Hence despite same surname and postcode they weren't altogether convinced, and in the end I gave the phone over to my dad (thankfully he was working from home) and I can pick up the ticket if I've got a letter of authority from my dad.

A lot of hassle. Also it's annoying that I won't have a history for getting tickets to other high demand games if my dad doesn't book the tickets for me, which is becoming the case on a more regular basis.

It's a semi final at the end of the day, two games away from the final in total.

You can't force people to buy tickets and watch Rovers. The club shouldn't feel the need to put buses on for people from Blackpool, Shilito said that I think.

The club have done what they have, cheap tickets for a semi final IMO Rovers can't do much more than that.

Remember, it was only Xmas a few weeks ago, schools are back, it's a midweek game and it's televised.

You can't force people to buy tickets and watch Rovers. The club shouldn't feel the need to put buses on for people from Blackpool, Shilito said that I think.

Well should the club ever feel the need I think it could lead to a major upturn in our fortunes attendence wise.

Every local football fan is sick to the teeth of the regular fiascos that are Blackpool Football club, and if Rovers gave them Premiership football for a good price on a plate, I feel many would be ready to join ship as it were.

It is an idea which I personally feel is well worth a go. Nobody in their right mind would consider abandoning the Pool for PNE, but give 'em Rovers and I think their heads could be turned.

Nothing to lose.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.