BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Vs Man Utd. 1st Leg

bob fleming

Ferguson is quoted in tomorrow's papers as definitely fielding his second string players tomorrow night. The insinuation is that even if United lose the first game, he thinks his first XI will be able to turn it round at Old Trafford.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see Ferguson is adding to the level of my disgust for him. His 1st eleven couldn't even turn us over earlier in the year so his confidence is pretty ballsy.

Whatever the case, if ManU play like they did on Saturday our lads better not play down to their level and only run out winners by a goal. We need to get a few of them in hand so as not to be under THAT much pressure at the Traff...

Makes the game tomorrow that much more delicious!

If you want to go, and getting there is ok then go....

If you dont then dont go.....

I too have to travel some distance to get there...

"Where there's a will there's a way"

If you can't afford it then that's fair enough....

See you there.......

One game at a time guys. We can't take a win for granted, reserves or otherwise. I will take a 1-0 win with bells on.

Step one is to win by a goal. Step two is to go to OT, show no fear, and get the draw we know we're capable of.

The only bad result is a defeat. Old Trafford is a scary place but we know that if we play to our full capability we can get a result there. Going there needing a win may well be too much though.

Don't know if anyone has posted this nut read this here.  The decriptions of Matteo and Kuqi are the work of a genius  biggrin.gif

373299[/snapback]

Whoever wrote that is a complete nutjob. To describe Matteo or Kuqi as skillful is ridiculous!

If Man Utd are turning out their second striong I think we should try and get 3-0. Very very difficult, obviously, and will leave us open to the counter but if we spook their defence we have a chance.

If Pedersen, Tugay and Bellamy hit top form we could paste them!

Man Utd squad:

Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Bardsley, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Evra, O'Shea, Richardson, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Smith, Scholes, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Rooney, Rossi, Solskjaer.

Yup - that's the second string.

Man Utd squad:

Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Bardsley, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Evra, O'Shea, Richardson, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Smith, Scholes, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Rooney, Rossi, Solskjaer.

373327[/snapback]

We should be looking to build up a sizeable first leg lead then, I'll settle for 4-0 blink.gif

Man Utd squad:

373327[/snapback]

Yes but you could see a veryweakened looking starting line-up from that.

Van de Sar

Bardsley, O'Shea, Brown, Richardson

Ronaldo, Fletcher, Smith, Giggs

Rossi, Solskjaer

Somehow don't think that's what it will look like though...

Man Utd squad:

373327[/snapback]

Ferguson will probably start with Giggs and Scholes on with Rooney, Ronaldo and the horse face on the bench, I reckon.

I have an absurdly good feeling about this game.

Ferguson is quoted in tomorrow's papers as definitely fielding his second string players tomorrow night. The insinuation is that even if United lose the first game, he thinks his first XI will be able to turn it round at Old Trafford.

373304[/snapback]

Unless Ferguson is convinced the referee will help them overturn any deficit at OT. ph34r.gif

After tonight's result the powers that be, Sky, and the advertisers must be seriously crapping themselves over the prospect of a Rovers v Wigan final.

Good though it would be for the health of the game as a whole. thumbs-up.gif

IF Ferguson does underestimate us and/or puts out a very weak side AND we play to recent form there's every chance we'll give them a right pasting later on tonight. THEY could be out of the tie by the second leg.

I don't think he'll take such a gamble. Probably just mind games.

You knwo what Fergie's like though, he's all about mind games.

He's making it sound like the weekend's derby is all that matters at the moment, but you can be sure he is far more concerned about finishing another season without a trophy.

Even if he doesn't start with a full strength side you can bet that within three substituations his full strength side will be on the pitch.

this may have been asked but i'm lazy...is the game live on tv at all tomorrow?

373300[/snapback]

Its on live at Ewood Park at 8pm but you've got to get tickets by 5pm.

I think its only on TV internationally.

By the way- that weak Man U squad. Am I missing something or did I not see the names of all RFW's current first XI there? Perhaps this quote from the old bruiser is the give away:

"I will make changes from the FA Cup game at Burton because I have to look at the City match on Saturday morning."

He's telling the truth- he's dropping the second XI he put out at Burton and going full strength tonight.

Edited by philipl

"I will make changes from the FA Cup game at Burton because I have to look at the City match on Saturday morning."

He also said:

“Blackburn will play their strongest side tomorrow but we won’t,”

Full article in M.E.N. Manchester Football

373357[/snapback]

That same source predicts this unlikely match-up!

DOMINIC MATTEO v RUUD VAN NISTELROOY

With Andy Todd struggling with a knee injury Matteo is likely to take his place in central defence. The Liverpudlian has not been a first-team regular this season and must use his strength and intelligence to compensate for a lack of pace. Van Nistelrooy remains as deadly as ever in front of goal and Ferguson may highlight this area as one to target.

Close football observers...

Hope we do it tonight - you just never know what to expect with Rovers; but I'm a lot more confident than if SouMESS was manager. The key is Nelsen v Rooney and keeping Giggs and Ronaldo quiet. I think the best form of attack is defence, as proven at Old Trafford in September. We went for it, and got our rewards. Bellamy should be able to use his pace and power to worry their defence. We need our midfield to be right up, and in there faces and not give them any space. Massive game for our 2 central midfielders.

My team:

FRIEDEL

NEILL NELSEN TODD GRAY

REID SAVAGE TUGAY PEDERSEN

BELLAMY DICKOV

Subs: KUQI, BENTLEY, ZURAB, EMERTON, LEE

It really is difficult to belief what Ferguson says - he has played his mind games so often in the past.

He knows that any form of deficit for United will make the return match very difficult for them - as they struggle with the pace of Bellamy. A 1 or 2 goal lead from tonight would give us the ability to go to OT, defend deep and hit them on the break.

Though we may see the odd youngster - it will essentially be his first team I feel. Lets not forget - even if he rests HorseFace - Saha isn't a bad replacement - and probably cost as much as our whole team !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.