BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Moaning Managers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's quite good and humerous on tele, it's just that his teams always play a physical in-your-face brand of football. The crazy gang at Wimbledon, Watford too in the past were similarly criticised, and we all know that when we did that 2 years ago nobody liked us either. Basically the rule is that you have to roll over and play dead for the big club media favourites, anybody who does not do that is fair game for the never-kicked-a-ball in their lives, sycophantic journo's.

Edited by thenodrog

Yeah I agree Theno, but we were quite 'industrial' in that semi final. Any team that has a high work rate, and strong physical presence gets labelled 'dirty' unless they're Chelsea, in which case the likes of John Terry, Carvalho andEssien can do what they like. I bet our 'dirty' tag has cost us a few red and yellow cards over the past couple of seasons.

I've probably said this already, but I hate Wenger. He is a baby and a hypocrite. His whining because we dared to defend at The Emirates because of injuries, and his constant references to us as bullies are very grating indeed. Yes we were dirty in that semi final, but we hadn't the players to play beautiful football, but to re-enforce that view is harmful to Blackburn. And anyway Mr. ######, how many red cards have your team had since you came here? about 60? And didn't that nobend Bergkamp assault Nissa Johansson in two games and get away with it?

Not about the Premiership, but not entirely unrelated:

"ZAGREB, March 25 (Reuters) - Croatia coach Slaven Bilic was delighted after a 2-1 Euro 2008 qualifying win over Macedonia on Saturday pulled them five points ahead of England and kept them two ahead of Russia at the top of Group E.

Croatia got a rough ride in the first half when they fell behind to a goal from Macedonia captain Goce Sedloski. They settled into their rhythm only after Darijo Srna came on for the second half and Sedloski was sent off for a second bookable offence.

Srna drew level on the hour with a superbly executed free kick and then set up Eduardo da Silva to grab an 88th minute winner.

Bilic acknowledged the sending off had made life easier for his team. He said not starting with Srna was a tactical error.

'We kept pushing on relentlessly after they were a man down and got our reward, deservedly so. Also, it turns out that leaving Srna on the bench was a mistake as he added an extra dimension to our game,' he said."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't read about managers/coaches admitting mistakes very often. Which of the Premiership managers regularly shows this sort of courage?

Edited by raoul

• 9 months later...

What a bad loser Arsene Whinger is...

On Boxing Day his Arsenal team failed to score against Portsmouth at Fratton Park. Tomas Rosicky missed a glorious chance for the Gunners with a minute to go. But the Frenchman, rather than questioning his own players for failing to hit the net, chose instead to put the blame on Portsmouth for the goalless draw.

Wenger moaned afterwards: "Portsmouth didn't play at all in the second half. They just defended with 10 men behind the ball and I was surprised to see their negative tactics."

As Harry Redknapp remarked after the match: "What are we supposed to do - just stand back and let them rip us to pieces?"

When will Wenger start looking more closely at his own players' failings rather than always blaming the opposition? At Ewood Park after our 1-1 Premiership draw with Arsenal back in August, Wenger accused Rovers of "violence". And yet during Wenger's reign at Arsenal he's had 70 players sent off. When will Wenger start to look in the mirror and admit that his own players can sometimes be a dirty bunch?

I remember when Patrick Vieira disgustingly spat in the face of Neil Ruddock. I bet if an opposition player ever spat in the face of an Arsenal player, Wenger would go mad. But he can't admit that his own players are ever wrong.

Ruddock said of Vieira after the spitting incident: "I could smell the garlic on him."

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

• 1 month later...

If I was an Arsenal fan who had travelled to Old Trafford on Saturday to see their FA Cup match against United, I would have been disgusted with Arsenal's gutless shambolic performance. The players didn't turn up or look at all interested in the game.

If I was an Arsenal fan, I would also have been disgusted with the excuses from Arsene Wenger after the match. Instead of apologising to the Arsenal supporters for such a horrendous performance, Wenger instead blamed the pitch. Wenger said afterwards: "The pitch was a disgrace. It was impossible to make a pass."

Impossible? Well United didn't seem to have too much trouble passing the ball around. United passed the ball well, whereas Arsenal didn't. They were a shambles. Wenger also tried to distract attention away from Arsenal's performance by saying: "My players were upset and incensed by Nani's showboating".

Irrespective of Nani's ball-juggling, I'd suggest that the Arsenal players should have been predominantly incensed with their own performance, because they were a disgrace.

Not surprisingly, Wenger said that he "didn't have a clear view" of Eboue's sending off. Isn't it strange how Wenger never sees the bad tackles that his Arsenal players make, but he always has a clear view of any fouls against his players.

Wouldn't it be nice if just for once Monsieur Wenger owned up and admitted that his team were a shambles, instead of blaming the pitch, the ref or using some other spurious excuse.

Good heavens, another "Time Team" excavation of an old thread. How do you do it Smithy?

It's a two year old post of mine & only six managers are still in the same job

RFW, Wenger, Rednapp, Moyes, Benitez & MH.

Bruce, Curbishley, & Jewell are still managing but at different clubs & the latter is only a Premiership boss by name only.

I'll have a go at renewing this sometime in the near future.

Il do some

Wenger - I didnt see the incident to be honest i never had a clear view, yea right! They (blackburn) are a very physical side who bully teams and commit gbh fouls. He is top of my list.

Redknapp - That guy couldnt do shady he always has a wobbly/twichy eye and constantly moans that his squad aint big enough or that Diarra is the best o and he takes bungs. 2nd place for ARRY.

Bruce - He wears the same blue shirt with a white colour everytime hes on TV, he moans about referees giving stupid desicions and he always blabs on with a cheasy grin on his face.

Raffa - He didnt play to our game standards, noone should tackle Torres etc his excusses are laughable like his handle bar goatee.

Hughes - We couldnt get a foothold or we didnt pressure them enough are favorites from our gaffer. How about this Sparky we wernt good enough and they played better and we were handicapped with the axe?

Ferguson/Queiroz - Similar to Sparky no one is ever a better team than us or it was a mistake in the city match. Blab Blab in a dodgy accent because Fergie dosent have the balls to appear on telly.

Keane - WAGS dont want to move to tyneside! der is it a wonder? Spent 50 million on players this season and buys ex Man u players who he famously slagged off RICH.

Jewell - We arnt good enough eyyye eyyye we dont have the quality, rambles the scouse power house.

Moyes - Hes like a flee, has a reputation despite not doing out, hes spent loads of money but yet he blabs on about having none and hes ex nobender.

O'Neill - Because hes plain boring looks a scruff and only bangs on about how good Carew or someone can be on the day, well on my day O'neill im bloody vrilliant :)

Hodgson - We nevew put pwessure on dew Awsenal harks the veteran coach who famously got us relegated and has a lisp.

Coppell - His deep drery voice makes you change the channel and he dosent even smile at his own joke " I keep seeing my name in the paper but its got an o on the end"

Grant - Saying goes watch the painted walls dry comes in here.

Erikksson - Honest truthful and probably one pf the best from a bad bunch.

Keegan - See above. i just love it.

Curbs - Honest.

I think Wenger is possibly the world's best football manager. His team play such brilliant football and he takes players from relative obscurity and develops them into some of the world's finest.

But every time his team dive, slow the game down with cynical tactics such as feigning injury or going to ground and then has the audacity to claim how his side were manhandled by a bunch of "thugs" makes me want him and Arsenal to fail spectacularly.

Ferguson irates me at times as well in his seeming belief that his word is gospel.

Other than that, I don't like Bruce and I hate Allardyce's face.

Otherwise, I don't particularly mind the rest of the managers in the Premier League. Eriksson has become very endearing since moving to City and rarely glosses over things. Likewise, I respect Curbishly for always telling it how it is and O'Neill because he comes off as such a nice guy and rarely complains when his side lose.

Erikksson - Honest truthful and probably one pf the best from a bad bunch.

Eriksson has become very endearing since moving to City and rarely glosses over things.

Amazing this. 2 short years ago he was roundly slated, me included, for ball$ing up England. He's proving why he's a good manager now, he has a certain charisma that players like which will get you places. Maybe it wasn't all his fault after all.

Personally I still have to turn off TV when he appears, because the sight of him makes me physically sick and I can't stand his voice and his teeth are awful. He still talks about making occasions when he means chances or opportunities and while, being a linguist myself, I can see why, I do feel somebody must have corrected him enough times for him to have got it right by now.My daughter went to one of his press conferences recently. Ended up in the front row and had to work very hard at not giggling every time he spoke.

Please do not be fooled by these revisionist Eriksson theories. He still is a fraud. That's not to say he does not appreciate talent (Elano, Petrov etc.) but with the money he's had at his disposal, it'd have been a Kidd-ean disgrace if he hadn't brought in some goodies (even Kidd signed Jansen).

Eriksson has been hugely fortunate that he's gone to a club with a bunch of exceptional youngsters (Sturridge, Etuhu, Onuoha, Richards, Johnson, Ireland, Hart, Schmeichel, even... Ched Evans...) and has also been armed with millions to recruit foreign flair.

At the moment things are going well enough but I predict that the City fans will grow increasingly frustrated by the lack of substance from their team. Sure, they'll play some pretty football now and again (first 10 mins versus Rovers!) and earn some good wins but ultimately they won't get where they should be with all the money they've got.

I appreciate Eriksson doesn't moan but he doesn't really say anything. I know English is his second language but still...."Wellllllllll...........to lose the game is neverrr aaaaaaaaaaa good thing..........................." Thank you, Mr Eriksson.

I appreciate Eriksson doesn't moan but he doesn't really say anything. I know English is his second language but still...."Wellllllllll...........to lose the game is neverrr aaaaaaaaaaa good thing..........................." Thank you, Mr Eriksson.

I know its amazing the women fall for it lol.

Still i won't forget the moment when hes sat on the bench with his hands at the side of his head looking to explode.

Amazing this. 2 short years ago he was roundly slated, me included, for ball$ing up England. He's proving why he's a good manager now, he has a certain charisma that players like which will get you places. Maybe it wasn't all his fault after all.

I didn't think that Eriksson was doing anywhere near a good enough job as England manager for a long time, but I didn't dislike him personally. I'm saying that, since he took over at Manchester City, he is beginning to show us in England what a good club manager he is and that, in his honesty, graciousness in defeat and the respect he exhibits in victory, he is endearing himself once again to the English.

I know its amazing the women fall for it lol.

Still i won't forget the moment when hes sat on the bench with his hands at the side of his head looking to explode.

Personally as a female, I can't see what they fall for. The guy wears built up shoes for heaven's sake. Something seriously wrong with his self esteem.

Quite pathetic to have a go at a foreigner for not speaking perfect English. Although if that's one of your main gripes with him then he must really be doing something right.

I would assume, since you seem to enjoy making fun of his English, that your grasp of your second language, whatever that may be, is better than his? Likewise with your third language.

He still talks about making occasions when he means chances or opportunities and while, being a linguist myself, I can see why, I do feel somebody must have corrected him enough times for him to have got it right by now.

This is a message for Lathund-in case you missed the point Gumboots was making.

Rover6 made a similar point. Either way, does saying "I know it's not his fault but..." really make something better? It was part of a list of reasons why she dislikes him.

"I know they can't help which skin coulour they're born with, but...."?

I'm just curious to see how proficient they are at their second and third languages. Maybe provide a sample for my amusement?

Edited by Lathund

Rover6 made a similar point. Either way, does saying "I know it's not his fault but..." really make something better? It was part of a list of reasons why she dislikes him.

"I know they can't help which skin coulour they're born with, but...."?

I'm just curious to see how proficient they are at their second and third languages. Maybe provide a sample for my amusement?

I understand Gumboots is a language teacher.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.