BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Moaning Managers

Nice to see someone who comes out with that who isn't a hypocrite then. Rarely the case.

Rover6 has always struck me as a real scholar too, I'm sure he'll turn out to be an interpreter or something as well.

By the way, rover6: How exactly is he a fraud? 5 years into his managerial career he had won the UEFA Cup, with a bankrupt semi-pro team. If that's the work of a fraud, then is Sparky a fraud too? Fair enough if you don't consider him world class, but he's in no way a "fraud".

Edited by Lathund

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wenger complaining yet again

There was a user who posted ths below in the comments, and I think it speak volumes. I didn't look up these stats, so I don't take credit for it at all:

"6:45 PM (report inappropriate content)

Arsene said: "The numbers are available for everybody in the statistics. Look at them", so I did...

In the February 23rd Birmingham game in fact, Arsenal conceded 13 fouls whereas Birmingham only committed 9...

In their 4-0 loss to Man Utd in the February 16th FA Cup fifth round, they conceded 17 fouls to Man Utd's 12...

Feb 11th verus Blackbyurn, Arsenal committed 12 fouls to only 6 by Blackburn..

And against Man City February 2nd, each team conceded 7 fouls...

Carling Cup defeat to Spurs, again both teams only committed 10 each...

How about verus Burnley in the FA Cup third round? Arsenal committed 16 fouls whereas their opponent only 10...

Or perhaps in the last game versus Chelsea (who have the third highest total of yellow cards and the most reds in the EPL), Arsenal still committed more fouls, earning 20 fouls and five yellow cards whereas Chelsea had as many yellow but only committed 12 fouls... sure Arenal got a yellow every four fouls in that game but Chelsea were penalised more severly with a yellow every two or three...

So it would appear that Arsenal usually do more "kicking" at the opposition than receiving it...!"

• 1 year later...

A moaning manager moans about another moaning manager....

LINK HERE

Personally I'm not a fan of Mr Pulis. I don't like his ugly style of football with Stoke and I was disgusted with his attack on Blackburn Rovers last season when we sacked Paul Ince. Pulis said that it was a disgrace that Ince was given just 17 Premier League games before he was sacked by Rovers.

Pulis has been the manager of Stoke on two different occasions and in my eyes he's a hypocrite, because when he took the Stoke job for the first time in 2002, two of the managers that had preceded him at Stoke were Chris Kamara who had been given just 14 games before he was shown the door having gained just one win in 14 games for Stoke and after that Gary Megson who was given five months and 22 games before he was sacked by Stoke.

Did Mr Pulis moan and say how disgraceful it was that Megson had been sacked after five months by Stoke's then Icelandic owners who appointed Pulis in 2002? No. He kept his mouth shut and was happy to get his grubby hands on the Stoke job when he was appointed the manager by the owners from Iceland.

Pulis was formely the manager of Bristol City and took that job in 1999 taking over from Benny Lennartsson, who had again been given only a short period of time in charge of Bristol City before he was sacked. Did Pulis moan about how disgraceful it was that Lennartsson had been sacked? No. He was happy to get his grubby hands on the Bristol City job.

So I think that Pulis should frankly keep his mouth shut about what happens at Blackburn Rovers. The length of time that the inept Paul Ince was given at Ewood Park (too long in my view) had nothing to do with moaning Mr Pulis.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

A moaning manager moans about another moaning manager....

LINK HERE

Personally I'm not a fan of Mr Pulis. I don't like his ugly style of football with Stoke and I was disgusted with his attack on Blackburn Rovers last season when we sacked Paul Ince. Pulis said that it was a disgrace that Ince was given just 17 Premier League games before he was sacked by Rovers.

Pulis has been the manager of Stoke on two different occasions and in my eyes he's a hypocrite, because when he took the Stoke job for the first time in 2002, two of the managers that had preceded him at Stoke were Chris Kamara who had been given just 14 games before he was shown the door having gained just one win in 14 games for Stoke and after that Gary Megson who was given five months and 22 games before he was sacked by Stoke.

Did Mr Pulis moan and say how disgraceful it was that Megson had been sacked after five months by Stoke's then Icelandic owners who appointed Pulis in 2002? No. He kept his mouth shut and was happy to get his grubby hands on the Stoke job when he was appointed the manager by the owners from Iceland.

Pulis was formely the manager of Bristol City and took that job in 1999 taking over from Benny Lennartsson, who had again been given only a short period of time in charge of Bristol City before he was sacked. Did Pulis moan about how disgraceful it was that Lennartsson had been sacked? No. He was happy to get his grubby hands on the Bristol City job.

So I think that Pulis should frankly keep his mouth shut about what happens at Blackburn Rovers. The length of time that the inept Paul Ince was given at Ewood Park (too long in my view) had nothing to do with moaning Mr Pulis.

I have to say that often I find your posts interesting and at least debate worthy but this is, to be frank, puerile and not worthy of you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.