BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 0-0 Bolton

Ozz

In theory only. He just retreats into his natural positions in midfield/out wide leaving a huge void up front.

He is an offensive midfield player. End of story.

374557[/snapback]

I thought he retreated to the dressing room, or the bench.

He was as anonymous on that pitch as I was Rev.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notlob's tactic to try and get Savage sent off was an outrage. They can count themselves very lucky they only got one players sent off. Also well done to Savage & Dickov for not getting involved.

Edited by grizfoot

You're like a broken record.. Kuqi did what he was brought on to do, flicking the long balls on.

374572[/snapback]

Yeah and i seem to remember us looking a lot more dangerous when he came on. He also flicked the ball on for Bellamy which nearly created a goal.

Bolton obviously came to snatch a win, and if Vaz Te had decent boots on then they'd have succeeded. I disliked their tactic of trying to physically outplay Savage, but for a while it worked, so spoiling the game was worthwhile for them.

Disappointed but hardly surprised that Riley believes football is no longer a contact sport. Don't see why Reid was booked, and by the end it seemed he was giving free kicks against Rovers players for running in the penalty area. And still he bottled the O'Brien decision, only booking him after a horrendous foul on Nelsen.

Have to agree that Tugay was a must when they went down to ten men. Especially with Campo coming on for them - he rarely ventures out of the centre circle and Tugay could surely have utilised the extra space to create more chances with his passing than we did by hoofing the ball towards Kuqi, who was poor. Also agree that Bentley was awful today. Absolutely anonymous other than two half decent crosses that led to nothing. He's as much a striker as I am.

Not an important point, but I can't understand why a cheer went up for Emerton being subbed - I know he frustrates fans a lot but he had a decent game and came closer than anyone else to scoring. It was a very good header, completely unsaveable, just a few inches too high.

Oh well.

Not an important point, but I can't understand why a cheer went up for Emerton being subbed - I know he frustrates fans a lot but he had a decent game and came closer than anyone else to scoring. It was a very good header, completely unsaveable, just a few inches too high.

374588[/snapback]

I thought Emerton was absolutely shocking, personally. He didn't beat his man once as far as I could tell, gave up on numerous reachable balls and his crosses seemed to be aimed at anyone not in a Rovers shirt, well unless you count the fans that is. Mind you I don't think any of midfielders had a good game apart from Savage.

All i can say is that Rovers were lucky nobody came away with a serious injury today. And they say Rovers are dirty?

I felt that we were unlucky today, but could not understand why Hughes keeps on playing Bentley up front!! He's done the same a few times this season (main example Charlton away) and we always, always improve when Kuqi or another striker comes on and we play a proper 442.

And fair play to Robbie Savage, they tried to wind him up big style but he played like a real man today and came out on top IMO. If only our attacking players had been on form, we would have won the game with ease.

You all slag off Bentley and especially Emerton, but at least Emerton actually wanted the ball and tried his best. Unlike Pedersen , who was fu(kin pathetic today!! He really did not want to be on the pitch today and was hardly ever seen. Maybe slightly harsh, as it wasnt really the game for him but i was very disappointed in him today.

Reid did well, untill the final 3rd although nobody really gave him any options. And Todd was again fantastic, as so was his passing!! But Nelsen really need's to settle down and learn to pass. He'll never be a top defender unless he does so

Yeah and i seem to remember us looking a lot more dangerous when he came on. He also flicked the ball on for Bellamy which nearly created a goal.

374573[/snapback]

Whooooo! Go Shefki!

Aren't strikers supposed to do this? The only danger Kuqi posed when he came on was that towards his own football career.

In theory only. He just retreats into his natural positions in midfield/out wide leaving a huge void up front.

He is an offensive midfield player. End of story.

374557[/snapback]

He's a Bergkamp type of forward, linking the midfield with the front men, which is why he goes wandering for the ball sometimes. He was easily our best attacking player today and I was mightly impressed with his performance in his natural role. Unfortunately for him, Dickov is @#/? at anything other than being a nuisance - there were no runs and no link ups for Bentley to utilize. This wasn't helped by three of our midfield not bothering to turn up - Savage, Pedersen and Emerton take a step forward please wink.gif .

It was a crap match with Bolton not even looking to play football - as somebody mentioned, on this performance they're a disgrace to the football league. Besides the defence (bar one slip up) and Bentley, nobody played particularily well - Reid was ok, but not MotM material, that was Todd's surely. Friedel was also surprisingly good, especially on the foolish Neill chest down. A 0-0 draw is all we deserved with the quality of finishing on display (three clear cut headed chances that one of the top teams wouldn't have missed).

when bolton went down to ten men we should of played three at the back five in midfield and two up front.

bentley was not the right forward for todays game, toolight weight, still after that open goal miss its a point won rather then two lost smile.gif

But Nelsen really need's to settle down and learn to pass. He'll never be a top defender unless he does so

374599[/snapback]

Nelsen's distribution is usually very good - he was a central midfielder in his junior and youth days, and played occasionally as a defensive mid for DC United. The lad can pass - even though his distribution has been below his usual high standard in the last couple of matches, his ball to Kuqi did lead to Pedersen's goal in the first leg of the CC semi-final.

In his pre-match interview with Radio Rovers Hughes said Bellamy had 'felt something tighten' on Wednesday and he was therefore not starting him for this match.  He had a fitness test before the match.

374623[/snapback]

Fair enough then, we looked a completely different team when he came on.

Well he can have a good week and a half rest till the CC semi-final at Old Trafford. Hopefully he'll be fully fit for that.

In his pre-match interview with Radio Rovers Hughes said Bellamy had 'felt something tighten' on Wednesday and he was therefore not starting him for this match.  He had a fitness test before the match.

374623[/snapback]

and thus if not fit shouldnt of been on the bench

Whooooo! Go Shefki!

Aren't strikers supposed to do this? The only danger Kuqi posed when he came on was that towards his own football career.

374600[/snapback]

sure he's pretty crap, but last season i was saying Stead should play more and Stead has now 0 goals was sold for £1.8 million and Kuqi has 5 goals and cost £0.

so what do we expect for free, he's at least better then Stead, although he looks shocking at times, he has made a small impact.

with a free striker and letting go some un-used players lets hope for a striker, but Hughes is not stupid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.