BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brisa Attendance Improvement Proposal

Scotty

To get the place filled the Rovers have to get kids in for free on a PERMANENT basis . Obviously these kids will bring in adults with them so revenue will go up as well . Better to have seats filled with future fans than to have them sit at home worshiping Man U and Chelsea from their armchairs.

Like Cletus I despair of the lack of imagination from the Rovers . I am also heartily sick and tired of those who blame the Blackburn public themselves for the fall in attendance .

374776[/snapback]

Totally agree with you. The Kids need their own permanent seating area away from adults and get in for a quid or something. Like Liverpool did in the 50s and 60s with a junior kop. Bottom tier Jack Walker Darwen side is my suggestion with Rod, Jane and Freddie as stewards. Imagine Mourniho or Fergie taking a load of @#/? off the 8 to 14 year old fratutity. tinykit.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking more along the lines of anywhere in the ground - except perhaps the B'burn End if that were ever to be a fans' singing area . Otherwise they'd have to be supervised officially . For what they'd get by charging a quid they may as well let them in for nowt .

singing area?pay a quid ?theyd only make 50 quid tops ,the last two games the blackburn end as been pathetic and ive heard more noise from noise from my local knitting society.

i for one today cant speak after rovers and broncos...GET OFF YER HANDS PEOPLE AND GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM!!!

We probably would be better off letting them in for nothing. But I for one would rather they had their own area or at least a choice.

If they want to sit with Mum or Dad fine but, I'm sure many kids especially teenagers would rather sit with their mates. Then they could smoke their cigarettes and kick their coke cans down the emergency exits as much as they wanted.

Rovers marketing could do with picking up on this too. Imagine how many ice lollies, sweets etc thay could sell at Uncle Jacks tuck shop. Particularly if thay branched out into cigarettes and alco pops.

It's not as if we are tight on space in the stadium. tinykit.gif

It is a very good idea in principal, but there's all the legal stuff which would probably stop it from happening. As a club, Rovers can't be responsible for 1000 kids (just for example) because one of them may get injured or whatever and you can bet that the parent will want to blame the club.

It is a very good idea in principal, but there's all the legal stuff which would probably stop it from happening. As a club, Rovers can't be responsible for 1000 kids (just for example) because one of them may get injured or whatever and you can bet that the parent will want to blame the club.

374868[/snapback]

Could always remove the seats and replace with beenie bags and those little plastic balls. tinykit.gif

singing area?pay a quid ?theyd only make 50 quid tops ,the last two games the blackburn end as been pathetic and ive heard more noise from noise from my local knitting society.

i for one today cant speak after rovers and broncos...GET OFF YER HANDS PEOPLE AND GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM!!!

374857[/snapback]

Its not been that good Abbey, A good 30 people singing.

And if that drummer drowns out another one of my chants with his inane out of time drumming I will not be happy.

I think your on to something there stuwilky - i don't think having drumming is a problem - as long as its done properly. Watched Porto vs Boavista on five the other night and the porto drummer and trumpet player were first class, you could tell that the atmosphere in that stadium was amazing. Maybe Brisa could organise a whip round to get him some lessons biggrin.gif

I think your on to something there stuwilky - i don't think having drumming is a problem - as long as its done properly. Watched Porto vs Boavista on five the other night and the porto drummer and trumpet player were first class, you could tell that the atmosphere in that stadium was amazing. Maybe Brisa could organise a whip round to get him some lessons  biggrin.gif

374890[/snapback]

I dont think having a drummer is problematic in the slightest, as long as he

a) stays in time

cool.gif resists the urge to disappear off into a drumming medley when it gets a bit quiet

c) doesnt join in with every half chant

He stops more than he really gets going.

Its ok, within reason. IMHO.

Have matters deteriorated so much that now we have to let people in for free to watch East Lancashires only Premierleague club?....what a mess we are in!

We have to face the stark reality that despite an improvement by the team our support has seen no improvement,we now sit bottom of the Prem attendance league table.

SG194

You constantly rail on this forum against the Blackburn public for what you see as the current poor level of support...

Are you doing anything constructive to get more people (from wherever) to fill up Ewood Park?

Do you feel your constant berating has a beneficial effect on attendance or is it some form of catharsis for you personally ?

SG194

You constantly rail on this forum against the Blackburn public for what you see as the current poor level of support...

Are you doing anything constructive to get more people (from wherever) to fill up Ewood Park?

Do you feel your constant berating has a beneficial effect on attendance or is it some form of catharsis for you personally ?

375433[/snapback]

Thanks for saying this before I did. it's Vinjay-esque.

Arsenal boasting about how expensive their seats will be.

Their match day income will be twelve times greater than the Rovers'.

Rather re-enforces the campaign to get a more even distribution of the Sky money.

After all, they wouldn't earn £3m per match to watch eleven men playing with themselves.

Edited by philipl

Arsenal boasting about how expensive their seats will be.

Their match day income will be twelve times greater than the Rovers'.

Rather re-enforces the campaign to get a more even distribution of the Sky money.

After all, they wouldn't earn £3m per match to watch eleven men playing with themselves.

375523[/snapback]

I personally think the FA should have a 'tax' on gate receipts. All 92 league clubs could pay 1% of their gate revenue to the FA. This is then redistributed as 1% of the total collected to the clubs (92%), and the other 8% is used by the FA to support grass roots football etc (except the 1% that comes to me for coming up with the idea).

True the 'big' clubs would lose out, but there would be a marginally more even playing field in the Premiership, and a number of lower league teams could be saved from extinction by the input.

Edited by Modi

SG194

375433[/snapback]

I purchased a half season ticket for my niece to attend matches with me this season.I have on many other occasions paid for her friend to attend as well,I do as much as I can.I hope that satisfies your interest my friend.

Whether you agree or not with my opinions or think my point of view is repetatative is a matter of personal choice and I respect that. I am NOT frightened to say things as I see them and will not shy away from what I believe to be fact on a subject that I feel passionately about and one that should concern us all greatly.I applaud and fully support the hard work being done by BRISA and its members BUT....................

I dont believe the folk of Blackburn are backing the club as much as they could,if that grinds with some and is too close to the bone then quite frankly tough shyte

Everyone to their own,I'll leave it at that you'll no doubt be glad to hear dry.gif

user posted imagetongue.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

All the stands are empty so they may as well go where they want . Or more importantly where their accompanying (paying) adult wants to go .

It seems to me that the organised school parties may be proving too difficult to organise on a regular basis . Much better just to eradicate that by letting all kids under a certain age in for free . Not that I expect the Rovers to make such a bold move ....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.