BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd - Not Good Enough To Be Capt And In The Team

Also anyone see him flex his guns in the tunnel before leading the team out, massive !!

Not absolutely sure what guns are, but at Liverpool, he had to come on when Khiz got sent off. He took off his training top to put on his shirt and wasn't wearing anything underneath. Made my day- had a wonderful set of pecs and six-pack!!!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not absolutely sure what guns are, but at Liverpool, he had to come on when Khiz got sent off.  He took off his training top to put on his shirt and wasn't wearing anything underneath.  Made my day- had a wonderful set of pecs and six-pack!!!!

374235[/snapback]

Biceps, right? Maybe Todd would be a bit quicker if he lost some of that muscle bulk.

Edit: Not that I'd say so to his face.

Edited by M-K

todd was close to the action in those 4 seconds where we conceded the goal so he is the worst defender we have , end of story ....

... oh wait ! .... i seem to recall the game had another 93 minutes and 56 seconds to it in which Todd was almost flawless...

i agree with whoever is saying we should be thankful to have 3 good centre backs because we should.

oh and a captain isnt chosen for his footballing skills but rather by his motivational skills getting the team to give that extra 10%. he is chosen for his determination, being robbed of his number 4 shirt being loaned out and then winning his place, his captains armband and the player of the year awards

Not absolutely sure what guns are, but at Liverpool, he had to come on when Khiz got sent off.  He took off his training top to put on his shirt and wasn't wearing anything underneath.  Made my day- had a wonderful set of pecs and six-pack!!!!

374235[/snapback]

Ill get the bucket of cold water wink.gif

374235[/snapback]

Just like Souness then.................. tongue.giflaugh.gif

I'm I hallucinating again or is this a thead slagging off 2004's player of the year and our captain after a Man Of The Match performance against one europes best teams in a domestic semi final?

Shurley Shome Mishtake?

Just seen the replay of Saha's goal a few times, Todd clearly to blame. Why is he 5m behind the defensive line? All he had to do was to take a few steps forward and Saha would have been offside.

374045[/snapback]

You are assuming that Saha would have done exactly the same if Todd had done something differently. That does not make a good point.

I can't believe the people slagging Todd off for the first goal, who was running  with Giggs in midfield and putting him under pressure before the pass ? yes you're right  _ nobody! That's why we conceded the goal , the  back four are lambs to the slaughter in that situation .

374348[/snapback]

imo the first goal was down to Stiles letting Rooney's foul on Nelsen go. Nelsen would have cleared that ball easily otherwise.

imo the first goal was down to Stiles letting Rooney's foul on Nelsen go.  Nelsen would have cleared that ball easily otherwise.

374349[/snapback]

Agree. Surprised no one else has mentioned this.

Nelsen as captain - I personally think he would make a better captain, in terms of consistency and personality as others have mentioned, and the fact he's automatically first choice what with the performances he's been putting in.

Todd not good enough to be captain is wrong, he is good enough especially based on the past 2 seasons. Take as an example Tugay. I think people have forgiven him having an imaginary friend and rovers stuck with him because of his performances in the long term for rovers - form being temoprary class being perminant. However ther is a storng case of their being someone better - Nelsen. However it'd be harsh to strip Todd of the captain for doing nothing wrong. Another headbut blip and it may be justified but at present he should on balance remain captain.

Todd not good enough to be in the team??? He was awesome vs United, he's been decent all season with only one or two minor blips. If that's the not good enough criteria theres a whole host of players who've had a dodgy game should be shipped off to siberia - bentley, emerton, kuqi, tugay, reid, neill, gray, dickov...

Todd and Nelsen are easily our best central-defensive partnership. They are both mobile, they are both physical, and they both read the game well. They aren't bad footballers for centre-halves either (although Nelsen was fairly shocking against United).

And I think Hughes is in the best position to select the captaincy, and the fact that he's given it to Todd when we've probably got half a dozen other contenders in the first team squad (Nelsen, Friedel, Savage, Neill, Mokoena, Bellamy) says everything to me.

As the sub heading under this thread was look at the evidence,that is exactly what I have done.We have played 27 matches this year in all competitions through today's match with bolton.

There have been eleven(11) shutouts so far.The starting centreback partnerships in 5 of the 11 shutouts has been Todd/Nelsen while Zura/Nelsen has 4 shutouts.(the remaining 2 were Zura/Todd)

There have been 8 matches in which one goal has been allowed.Four were the Zura/Nelsen,three were the Todd/Nelsen and one was Zura/Todd.

There have been four matches of allowing 2 goals:2 by Todd/Nelsen,1 by Zura/Todd and the finalone a one off pairing of Zura/Lucas Neill

There have been 3 matches we have allowed 3 goals:one by Todd/Nelsen,one by Zura Nelsen and one by Todd/Mokoena(wham in the opener)

Fianlly we have only allowed 4 goals once and that was against chelsea and it was a Zura/Todd pairing.

So here is a recap

Todd/Nelsen 11 games=5 shutouts,3 one goal games

Zura/Nelsen 9 games=4 shutouts,4 one goal games

Zura/Todd 5 games= 2 shut outs,1 one goal game

I believe that is the order for me:first choice Todd/Nelsen,2nd Zura/Nelsen and final Zura/Todd.

I will now grab my anorak and be off to look at the trains!! smile.gif

Florida Rover

Has anybody considered what a strange topic this is when their is very little difference between all 3 ch's (except imo Zura is more mistake prone) given the more important issues up front and in the middle?

374692[/snapback]

Proud of rovers center backs. Who ever plays gives their all and thats all you can hope for. Remember a time not too long ago when if Craig Short didn't play rovers crumbled. tinykit.gif

Saha world class? So hes in the same class Henry and Shevchenko?

374323[/snapback]

Why are some people so painfully black and white.

Saha doesn't have to be as good as those two players to be considered world class.

He is a quick, strong, powerful striker who's good in the air, a great finisher with both feet and a very good goalscoring record at the top level.

Incidently, I never see Shevchenko play, and neither do you probably, as he plays in Italy. So, if you too rarely see him play, stop being one of these ''jump on the bandwagon'' fools who decides to (preverbally) suck the cock of these foreign players just because they here they are good, or because Chelsea have bid £50m for them.

And Saha, all £12.5m of him, is world class. It's like saying The Millennium Stadium isn't a world class arena, just because the Wembley is better. Things aren't so black and white.

Don't forget that Saha plays for one of the top clubs in the top league in the world. Player's don't end up in that position by accident.

His off the ball run which lead to the goal was without doubt worldclass and in my view you couldn't defend against it. If anything we should of been quicker to close down Giggs and stop him running at our back four. tinykit.gif

Edited by EIEIEIO

Why are some people so painfully black and white.

Saha doesn't have to be as good as those two players to be considered world class.

He is a quick, strong, powerful striker who's good in the air, a great finisher with both feet and a very good goalscoring record at the top level.

Incidently, I never see Shevchenko play, and neither do you probably, as he plays in Italy. So, if you too rarely see him play, stop being one of these ''jump on the bandwagon'' fools who decides to (preverbally) suck the cock of these foreign players just because they here they are good, or because Chelsea have bid £50m for them.

And Saha, all £12.5m of him, is world class. It's like saying The Millennium Stadium isn't a world class arena, just because the Wembley is better. Things aren't so black and white.

374777[/snapback]

Ask most people on here if Saha is world class and I bet 90% of them would say no. You use the term world class too loosely. If he was world class he'd be a united first team regular, world class plays dont warm the bench. Has Saha even been in nominations for European football of the year even?

Also why do you always have to resort to using derogatory terms and foul language in a discussion when someone doesnt agree with you such as calling people 'fools'?

Edited by wakefieldrawks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.