BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd - Not Good Enough To Be Capt And In The Team

Incidently, I never see Shevchenko play, and neither do you probably, as he plays in Italy. So, if you too rarely see him play, stop being one of these ''jump on the bandwagon'' fools who decides to (preverbally) suck the cock of these foreign players just because they here they are good, or because Chelsea have bid £50m for them.

374777[/snapback]

I see him play, in Champs League as well as Serie A, and Saha isn't within a breath of Scheva.

It is black and white, there can only be so many great or world class players. Saha wouldn't be in my tenth string world team.

But that is not to say I wouldn't mind him at the front of our midfield.

Don't forget that Saha plays for one of the top clubs in the top league in the world. Player's don't end up in that position by accident.

374783[/snapback]

Luke Chadwick played for United as well, does that make him World Class?

world class plays dont warm the bench. 

374993[/snapback]

Although I agree with your statement, I think if you look at the benches of Chelsea, Madrid, Milan, Inter and Barca, your statement is slightly flawed when talking about big clubs.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask most people on here if Saha is world class and I bet 90% of them would say no.  You use the term world class too loosely. If he was world class he'd be a united first team regular, world class plays dont warm the bench.  Has Saha even been in nominations for European football of the year even?

Also why do you always have to resort to using derogatory terms and foul language in a discussion when someone doesnt agree with you such as calling people 'fools'?

374993[/snapback]

I'd like to point out I didn't refer to anyone inparticular as a fool.

I refered to the group of people (as hypothetical as they may be) who rate players despite rarely/never seeing them play, purely due to their reputation.

If you aren't one of these people, then I didn't insult you in any way, shape or from, so stop being so defensive.

Also, to me, to be a world class striker you have to have all the correct attributes, and the ability to score goals in any team in the world.

To me, Saha has these attrbues and would score goals for any team around, therefore, to me, that makes him world class.

I'd like to point out I didn't refer to anyone inparticular as a fool.

Also, to me, to be a world class striker you have to have all the correct attributes, and the ability to score goals in any team in the world.

To me, Saha has these attrbues and would score goals for any team around, therefore, to me, that makes him world class.

375050[/snapback]

For me, being world class, a player would be able to get picked for any team in the world. With that in mind, Saha isn't quite there.

spencey7 Posted Today, 11:14

FINALLY somebody agrees with me on Andy Todd.

The dirtiest player in the Premiership as our captain?? What a hideous message to send out.

Nelsen for Captain - Todd for the exit.

All that proves is that there are TWO morons in this world!!! And I don't think Toddy's the dirtiest player in the Premiership by a long shout. Statistics may say he is, but the second red card wasn't one (although the first one was).

For me, being world class, a player would be able to get picked for any team in the world. With that in mind, Saha isn't quite there.

375059[/snapback]

Fair enough.... Finlly a good point raised against my personal views rather than some other silly and irrelevant comparision.

Perhaps not, though majority of teams yes. Whether he'll ever get in at Old Trafford with Ruud around is debatable, and unlikely, but there is always a place for him in blue and white halfs if he gets fed up.

FINALLY somebody agrees with me on Andy Todd.

The dirtiest player in the Premiership as our captain??  What a hideous message to send out.

Nelsen for Captain - Todd for the exit.

Spence

375041[/snapback]

Are you one of Vinjay's mates? Todd's disciplinary record this season : 1 red (which by the way if you remember was harsh to say the least) and 0 yellows. Source. You'll see six or seven Rovers players with worse disciplinary records there. Pretty good, but arguably on a par with Toddy is the Admiral with 2 yellows. And that's only comparing him to other Rovers players, you might want to look at others in the Prem. Far from a saint I'll admit, but no way the biggest of sinners.

So I suggest you might want to promote your argument with some different evidence.

EDIT - aaaaargh, agreeing with Jan! That's happened twice now wink.gif . What's happening to me!

Edited by Neil Weaver

Are you one of Vinjay's mates?  Todd's disciplinary record this season : 1 red (which by the way if you remember was harsh to say the least) and 0 yellows.  Source.  You'll see six or seven Rovers players with worse disciplinary records there.  Pretty good, but arguably on a par with Toddy is the Admiral with 2 yellows.  And that's only comparing him to other Rovers players, you might want to look at others in the Prem.  Far from a saint I'll admit, but no way the biggest of sinners.

So I suggest you might want to promote your argument with some different evidence.

375069[/snapback]

It's not just recieving cards that makes a dirty player. If anything, Andy Todd is even worse than that by constantly claiming his "innocence" when it's clear far all to see that he intends everything he's been charged with.

I'm curious to hear this though - If Andy Todd isn't the dirtiest player in the Premiership - Who is?

First of all, what makes you the dirtiest?

If it's card counts and cynical/reckless/persistent fouling then Lucas Neill, Robbie Savage, Paul Dickov and Tugay would all rank ahead of Todd.

If it's card count, I would imagine all of the above would also be atleast even, or mostly ahead of him.

If it's disgraceful challenges or horribles jesture then Essien and El Hadje Diouf would be ahead of him.

Secondly, if he was the ''dirtiest'' (which he isn't) then who cares? He's still a good player and one of Rovers most consistant over the last 3 years, which has resulted in him being made club captain.

I can't see any evidence of why Todd shouldn't be in the team. Personally I think Nelsen and Khizanishvili are the best partnership, purely as they are two different kind of centre halfs, and compliment each other well, but on actual performances, I do admit I'd have problems justifying why I'd drop Todd, so it's a toss of a coin.

All I would say is after years of inept defenders, we are suddenly very fortunate with the selection problems we have there now.

Spencey, get yourself a new argument : well said Mr Shillito, so that's the qualitative stuff sorted out. The stuff you can measure - the cards - Todd hasn't had a yellow (92er) in League, League Cup or FA Cup, and he's only had one red. The ban vs Spurs might be the other you're thinking of, but that was retrospective.

As Shillito said, if you're looking for dirty/cheating gits, Essien and Diouf must be towards the top of the list that also includes Sissoko, maybe Phil Neville (2 reds), Boa Morte, and someone that's been booked more than Savage and has I'm pretty sure played less games - Davids.

Now I'm off to chuck this anorak in the bin.

Spence as much as we value your opinion -

375238[/snapback]

Speak for yourself Flopsy. I dont value his opinion at all, he is just a numb **** who knows absolutely fcku all and who is getting on my t1ts. Whether he is young or stupid ...or likely both, I don't care, but to say Todd is dirty is pathetic! Hard maybe but there is a world of difference between that and dirty as anybody with an ounce of football knowledge will surely know.

Speak for yourself Flopsy.  I dont value his opinion at all, he is just a numb **** who knows absolutely fcku all and who is getting on my t1ts.  Whether he is young or stupid ...or likely both, I don't care, but to say Todd is dirty is pathetic!  Hard maybe but there is a world of difference between that and dirty as anybody with an ounce of football knowledge will surely know.

375243[/snapback]

'Young and stupid' eh? Well I'll just keep giving my opinions on football on this message board, and you can just keep swearing. Haha - "t1ts"!! "fcku"!! I see what you've done there!! Classic!!

So Todd's "challenge" on Van Persie after his 2nd goal in the FA Cup Semi last season - That was just "hard" was it? As opposed to dirty? My whole anti-Todd argument stems from the fact that he is not the kind of player who should be a role model for young Blackburn fans. Your Captain has to be a role model, a true professional. Not some thug who kicks/elbows opposition players off the ball when he gets frustrated.

(Please don't let there be anybody out there who replies saying "Well the FA cleared him of the Van Persie incident etc etc" - You all know as well as I do that Todd did that entirely intentionally, and I'm willing to venture that some of you even love him more for doing so)

'Young and stupid' eh?  Well I'll just keep giving my opinions on football on this message board, and you can just keep swearing.  Haha - "t1ts"!!  "fcku"!!  I see what you've done there!!  Classic!!

So Todd's "challenge" on Van Persie after his 2nd goal in the FA Cup Semi last season - That was just "hard" was it?  As opposed to dirty?  My whole anti-Todd argument stems from the fact that he is not the kind of player who should be a role model for young Blackburn fans.  Your Captain has to be a role model, a true professional.  Not some thug who kicks/elbows opposition players off the ball when he gets frustrated.

(Please don't let there be anybody out there who replies saying "Well the FA cleared him of the Van Persie incident etc etc" - You all know as well as I do that Todd did that entirely intentionally, and I'm willing to venture that some of you even love him more for doing so)

375262[/snapback]

That elbow was not intentional. He wasn't looking at van Persie when the Dutchman ran full into him. Only after Todd's elbow (which was held to his side and not extended) was buried in his face did he instinctively react and throw his elbow out to deflect who/whatever hit him. he would have done the same thing if a fellow Rover would've bungled into him. It was just happenstance. I watched it over and over again with and without my Rovers shirt on and objectively you'd have to stretch pretty far to say it was intentional.

If you want to strip Todd his captaincy because he's dirty then I think you are watching the wrong evidence. Todd has had lapses in judgement, sure, but who hasn't in their professional career? With that, he's still no thug. Your personal bias is getting in the way of facts and objectivity.

Do a search then Gobshite. A little research wont do any harm will it? It's on the board somewhere (which if you followed the Rovers (?) on here at the time you would know)dry.gif .

When viewed from the vid clip behind him it's obvious that it was an accidental collision and that VP actually turned into Todds arm. Without the aid of vid technology it might be questionable BUT with it there is absolutely no case to judge to anyone with the benefit of normal vision and an open mind......... and I suspect you know it well enough. dry.gif If you cannot see that you are indeed stupid!

It was obvious at the time that the FA were under severe media pressure to hang him out to dry and we all now that they would have if they could. So what exactly made them let him off do you think? What do you think silenced the media dogs too? Or has that question been covered up by the blind prejudice that obviously controls your limited thought processes?

Edited by thenodrog

The FA couldn't charge Todd because he denied it, simple as that. It was just their word against his.

Interestingly, my point has been proven here by the people who have responded saying "that elbow was not intentional", but none of them have attempted to argue the case that Todd "isn't the kind of player" who would do that.

Everyone knows our glorious captain is exactly that kind of player. It's a disgusting message to send out.

Thankfully one day Zura's football brain and Nelsen's 'Hendry-esque' performances will ensure The Thug's exclusion. I can't wait.

Speak for yourself Flopsy.  I dont value his opinion at all, he is just a numb **** who knows absolutely fcku all and who is getting on my t1ts.  Whether he is young or stupid ...or likely both, I don't care, but to say Todd is dirty is pathetic!  Hard maybe but there is a world of difference between that and dirty as anybody with an ounce of football knowledge will surely know.

375243[/snapback]

There isnt a sacasm emoticon or i would have used it. But hey Im going to quote your second sentence on t'other forum for a while - its quality.

Anyway as for todds elbow at Cardiff. If Andy Todd wants to hurt someone he will smack them in the face, he hasnt got the guile to do it subtly. For the defence I give you the Dugarry incident. Takes 5 paces back to get a decent run up and kicks the dirty cheating frenchman in the arse. Lost us 2 points but hey it was bloody funny afterwards watching the replay.

Especially as Dugarry got his marching orders the following season for trying to rearrange Short's face.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.