BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd - Not Good Enough To Be Capt And In The Team

Anyone who doesn't realise that Todd is (and has been for the past couple of seasons) one of our best players is one of two things:

1 Still an apologist for our ex-manager

2 Barking mad (actually anyone who falls into 1 also falls into 2)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who doesn't realise that Todd is (and has been for the past couple of seasons) one of our best players is one of two things:

1 Still an apologist for our ex-manager

2  Barking mad (actually anyone who falls into 1 also falls into 2)

386899[/snapback]

For god's sake, jan, LET IT GO, He's gone from us, he's gone from the Toon. Do you want him dead?

Andy Todd has turned into a class player for us. When we signed him, I thought that he was a liability and no more than a squad player. But he has totally turned me around and now if is the back bone of our defence and a great captain. He has had his problems in the past and while at Blackburn, but now he is the first name on the team sheet and is one of the best defenders in the Premiership.

I am absolutely delighted that I an having to reassess my view that Andy Todd was a limited player. He still works his socks off but having seen bits of the Arsenal game now, all I can say is wow!!! about some of his tackles and positioning.

If Sparky's team can do this for Todd; MGP, Bert and the rest have no excuse for sub-standard offerings.

This is tremendous stuff.

A few bad games at the start of the season and he is a liability who has had a purple patch of a season or two and just doesn't have the class to be a Premiership defender. Those who said that were far from in the minority, too.

A few good games and he is one of the best defenders in the Premiership. He oozes class and his reading of the game is exceptional. Such a bargain, surely one of our better signings in recent years. From the same people.

I'm glad we aren't Premiership managers.

• 9 months later...

we need Todd, because he ca actually fight for the damn ball. We should have never sold Dickov too, who ran himself to the ground every single time he put on a Rovers shirt. This is the type of players we need now. We need to play ugly, dirty football but atleast get some damn points on the board and you know, not get relegated.

Lets not kid ourselves here.

Lucas Neill has always given his all. His commitment to the cause WHENEVER he has been on the pitch has never been out.

And ya, after 6 years, and his contract is running out, he wants a fresh challenge. He hasnt made a noise of it in the media, hasnt made a tantrum after we rejected the Pool offer, hasnt said he wont play for us if we dont let him move like some OTHER players do, but instead has kept his head down and played for us.

And he has the right to want to move. He has served us well. Its DIFFERENT to a player who REFUSES to come on the pitch, for instance.

In my opinion the improved second half performance today was down to the double substitution at half time, both added something that we have lacked lately:-

1. Even though he wasn't Captain, his presence at the back was suddenly noticeable. TODD IN, NEILL OUT!

2. Derbyshire gave us something different up front.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.