BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd - Not Good Enough To Be Capt And In The Team

Lets not kid ourselves here.

Lucas Neill has always given his all. His commitment to the cause WHENEVER he has been on the pitch has never been out.

And ya, after 6 years, and his contract is running out, he wants a fresh challenge. He hasnt made a noise of it in the media, hasnt made a tantrum after we rejected the Pool offer, hasnt said he wont play for us if we dont let him move like some OTHER players do, but instead has kept his head down and played for us.

And he has the right to want to move. He has served us well. Its DIFFERENT to a player who REFUSES to come on the pitch, for instance.

A tad shortsighted, Neill ain't good enough, regardless of comittment, Todd may be a loose cannon but we're well short of cannons right now.

:brfc:B)

Edited by MCMC1875

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd is definitely not to be captain again. He has let the team down too many times with his unprofessionalism.

Agreed. But it is beyond me how a player who wants to leave the club is captain. I caught Neill just jogging back many times yesterday, he just isnt interested.

TODD IN, GALLY IN, NEILL OUT, NONDA OUT.

I don't think that Neill is lacking commitment for us, although for a few games I haven't been sure, I must admit...

I don't think Todd's commitment on the pitch can be questioned. He was great yesterday and the whole back line looked more solid. He was also vocal and got things organised. Whatever he's done, Hughsey, it's time to say 'you've paid your penance, lad, go and do your stuff!'

I'm not gay, or anything, but has anyone else noticed the size of Todd's arse? It's fricking HUGE!

I don't think that Neill is lacking commitment for us, although for a few games I haven't been sure, I must admit...

I don't think Todd's commitment on the pitch can be questioned. He was great yesterday and the whole back line looked more solid. He was also vocal and got things organised. Whatever he's done, Hughsey, it's time to say 'you've paid your penance, lad, go and do your stuff!'

I'm not gay, or anything, but has anyone else noticed the size of Todd's arse? It's fricking HUGE!

Andy Todd was fantastic yesterday. That is the level of commitment that other players in the team should aspire to. (yes, Nonda & Mcarthy I DO mean you)

He may have said the wrong stuff and perhaps shown he wants a change off the field, but on the field yesterday he was a giant. Come on MH, bury the hatchet, and get Todd where he is best, at centre half.

As for his arse - I am not gay either - but its MASSIVE! :unsure:

That's because he's been sat on it for far too long recently!! :ph34r:

And how about the Lucas Neill who has put in quite a few outstanding performances this season even though he wants to leave?

I dont buy this crap about Neill that some people are on about.

I'd love to see the Opta stats for Niell, cos his pass completion rate must be the worst in the history of mankind. The guy's a heart attack waiting to happen! :angry:

Cash in!

• 5 weeks later...

I'd love to see the Opta stats for Niell, cos his pass completion rate must be the worst in the history of mankind. The guy's a heart attack waiting to happen! :angry:

Cash in!

What? Two seriously good assists from Neill in our last two Prem matches..... v Liverpool and v Wigan! :o Does your seat actually face the pitch TDI? :lol:

btw Even the supremely gifted passer of a ball Tugay has an imaginary friend dont forget.

A tad shortsighted, Neill ain't good enough, regardless of comittment,

A point of view apparently not shared by messrs Curbishly, Roeder and Benitez etc. Still I guess you know best eh MCM? :rolleyes:

TODD IN, GALLY IN, NEILL OUT, NONDA OUT.

Gally before Derbyshire? :huh:

On Neill:

What? Two seriously good assists from Neill in our last two Prem matches..... v Liverpool

On Derbyshire:

It'd be interesting to see the nature of this thread and the reaction of the press / media if he had not missed that absolute sitter v Liverpool. 3 in 3 games would have been superb.

Vs Reading and Vs Boro.

You got Liverpool on the brain Gord? Don't worry, we only have to play them twice a season!

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't drop Samba at this point. He's been playing pretty well and as it looks unlikely that we can claim a European spot through the league it might be best to give these games to him to allow him to gain more experience.

Samba has been generally superb for me. However Nelsen is looking a long way short of his best, might be best to wrap him in cotton wool for the rest of the League season at least and give Todd a chance to impress.

Samba has been a great find, agreed Rev.

I do think though, that Todd adds that bit extra "drive" to the team. His distribution is better than Sambas', plus there is more purpose to his play.

We just seem to play better with Toddy in the side. Samba needs to become a bit more positive in his play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.