BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Riverside Fight

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for some reason the authorities had had word that there would be trouble as unusually there was more police about and it seemed there were security guys in black bomber jackets in strategic positions.

374915[/snapback]

Nah, I'm sure they've been here for every game where we've given the Darwen end away for.

They were sat in front of me 1st half block E04 near the Darwen End and I knew they wernt rovers fans although I didnt think they had Bolton Accents either.

2nd half they dissapeared so i thought they must have gone to the pub until they kicked off, there were about 12 of em ranging from 16 to about 19 and they were all about 5 stone wet through, what they thought they were going to achieve other than getting knocked out god only knows.

As for the troublemakers, that bloody Tris get's everywhere

375130[/snapback]

Oi!!!!

Last time I went in the Riverside we got relegated and Uncle Jack cried.

I have no plans to return to that stand in the foreseeable future.

As for the wider issue, the idiot slug Allardyce is totally to blame for any bother, because he sent his players out to antagonise Savage. Which they did, it was so obvious it was unreal. The FA should take the tape of the game and analyse every single tackle on Robbie Savage and then ask Sam the Slug for a copy of his team talk.

Such a clear instruction to his players gives SA no mandate to comment any further. His tactics, and his tactics alone, caused the match to degenerate and he must take the sole blame - Rovers have proved we're beyond all that now.

I still think Savage is an idiot by the way (before I get accused of being inconsistent) but to his credit he managed to minimise the play acting on Saturday - if he can maintain that dignity and keep bouncing up from the 50-50 challenges we [at last] have a really useful player.

I still think Savage is an idiot by the way (before I get accused of being inconsistent) but to his credit he managed to minimise the play acting on Saturday - if he can maintain that dignity and keep bouncing up from the 50-50 challenges we [at last] have a really useful player.

375797[/snapback]

Praise indeed Tris. I think I detect a change of heart, albeit somewhat grudging, in your opinion of Savage. rover.gif

Praise indeed Tris.  I think I detect a change of heart, albeit somewhat grudging, in your opinion of Savage. rover.gif

375810[/snapback]

Not at all Gordon. The only change was in Savage's behaviour.

Where before he would clutch his face in agony and writhe upon the grass like a stranded eel ....... suddenly he bounced back into action with a nod and a wink at his aggressor.

Is he approaching a ban or anything? Is there a risk he could've missed a big match with another yellow? Honestly I don't know the answer (and I don't care) ... but Savage played a new game on Saturday.

I'm sure he would have missed the Man U game with another booking.  Agreee that it was so refreshing to see him play well and concentrate on the football ignoring the provocation.

375826[/snapback]

If he was booked on Saturday wouldnt he have missed Newcastle? Or is he due for a 2 match suspension for accumulation?

I cant remember how it works after 5!

Not at all Gordon.  The only change was in Savage's behaviour.

Where before he would clutch his face in agony and writhe upon the grass like a stranded eel ....... suddenly he bounced back into action with a nod and a wink at his aggressor.

Is he approaching a ban or anything?  Is there a risk he could've missed a big match with another yellow?  Honestly I don't know the answer (and I don't care) ... but Savage played a new game on Saturday.

375813[/snapback]

What do you know about football? get back on subject Tris FFS mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.