BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fat Sam Is A Knob!

ABBEY

Allardyce angry as 10-man Bolton hold on for point

Sat 14 Jan, 8:52 PM

view photo

BLACKBURN, England (AFP) - Bolton Wanderers manager Sam Allardyce claimed referee Mike Riley nearly caused a riot after sending off his side's Japan star Hidetoshi Nakata during a bruising goalless Lancashire derby draw away to Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.

The former Roma, Parma and Fiorentina midfielder was dismissed for two bookable offences in the first half of this fractious match, although his second caution looked harsh.

Advertisement

Even so, Bolton could have no complaints at being short-handed as Joey O'Brien escaped with a yellow card after a wild and dangerous studs-up lunge on Ryan Nelson.

Nevertheless, Allardyce insisted afterwards: "I see it like this. Hidestoshi Nakata committed three fouls and got sent off; Robbie Savage committed three fouls and didn't get booked, that's nothing against Robbie Savage. The statistics don't stand up unfortunately when Mike Riley referees us.

"Give me a minute and I will just prove what the referee has done and what he's done in the past. He's refereed us seven times and we've had five players sent off, four in the first half," he also told Sky Sports.

"Those stats say it all, it's blatant inconsistency - in my opinion simply not good enough. The statistics speak for themselves.

"He's nearly caused a riot here today when our fans decided to jump over the fence. I don't think that's caused by players, it's caused by some of the refereeing.

"It's nothing against Robbie Savage, or any Blackburn player - you just look for consistency. Then it gets out of hand and the referee loses control, and there are people flying all over the place.

"We've done very well to keep our heads."

Bolton had the best chance of the first half as Lucas Neill's mistake let in Kevin Davies but Blackburn keeper Brad Friedel was quickly off his line to smother the striker's low shot.

Rovers came within a whisker of taking the lead two minutes into the second period as Brett Emerton's header hit the underside of Jussi Jaaskelainen's bar before bouncing away to safety.

Six minutes later, O'Brien came to his team's rescue to head Steven Reid's threatening cross away from the danger zone with two Blackburn forwards lurking behind him.

From the resulting corner, Paul Dickov was presented with a chance two yards out in the centre of goal, but it came quickly at him and he could not react quickly enough as the ball hit his shin and bounced wide.

Highly-rated Portugal youngster Ricardo Vaz Te should have put the 10-men in front with 20 minutes left but after rounding Friedel, his standing leg slipped away from beneath him just as he went to slot the ball into an empty net.

It looked embarrassing but in truth there was little Vaz Te could do about it on the slippery surface.

Blackburn laid seige to the Bolton goal in the dying stages and the Trotters were indebted to Ivan Campo who cleared Nelson's header off the line with 10 minutes to go.

what a pillock he really is !!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with The Walrus if he says Nakata shouldn't have been sent off - it was unfair and with it being a derby game and all the referee should have had more sense. However, when he says that Savage committed the same amount of fouls as Nakata and didn't get booked....so what that doesn't matter!

What a boring game it had 0-0 written all over it from beginning to end. TO THE NATIONAL MEDIA - who's the thugs now then eh?

"He's nearly caused a riot here today when our fans decided to jump over the fence. I don't think that's caused by players, it's caused by some of the refereeing.

"what a pillock he really is !!

374576[/snapback]

what a complete tool

i mean it isnt asif they were already sat in the riverside

If I were in anyway connected with BWFC I'd have serious reservations about Sam Allerdyce.

It was about six years ago when we played then in the old first division that he was interviewed before a match at The Breezeblock with us.

I remember the interviewer saying someting along the lines of " I bet you are wishing both you and Graeme Souness were playing today."

To which Sam replied something along the lines of " And I bet neither of us would have stayed on the pitch"

Followed by a big smile.

Tonight's "Match Of The Day" post-match interview had him on for 15 seconds, reading from a piece of paper quoting fouls committed for each team, and yellow and red cards handed out.

He is very quickly becoming the most moaning, whinging, ref-bating manager that there has ever been. And that takes some doing.

Is he possibly heading towards burn-out?

I hope the FA were listening, the stuff he came out with was far worse than what the Admiral is being taken to task for mad.gif

BFS was moaning about Robbie not being sent off and having had three fouls - I note he said nothing about the six that Kevin Davies managed................ huh.gif

And please, Mr TV man, can we stop having close-ups of Sam chewing his gum with his mouth wide open? Perhaps we should send for that reptile bloke that Bert was on about inviting to dinner (in the match programme) - Steve Irwin - Sam could be a great exhibit for his zoo........... thumbs-up.gif

Edited by roversmum

The man's a joke.

His whole game plan is built around his team frustrating the opposition by whatever means, incuding foul play, sometimes serious.

The media were right to call his teams style of play UGLY.

I have lost all respect for the man

Cheats, the whole damn lot

The man's a joke.

His whole game plan is built around his team frustrating the opposition by whatever means, incuding foul play, sometimes serious.

The media were right to call his teams style of play UGLY.

I have lost all respect for the man

Cheats, the whole damn lot

374641[/snapback]

There's a fair bit of truth in that Mr Aggy. If there'd been a ref in charge with a bit of bottle, Bolton would have been down to 8 or 9. Maybe if his team's 'style' gets called ugly again, he'll send the boys round (but if it's those that appeared on the Riverside today, we'll be fine). So perhaps we should look for another description - Abs, do you reckon there's a pulse wink.gif ?

The ref bottled sending off that O'Brien geezer because of the grief he got when he (rightly) sent off Hong Kong Phooey (aka the Green Hornet).

If he hadn't have sent off Nakata then the dude would've done someone's ankles for sure.

What the hell was Reidy booked for?

1. Nakata despite being on a yellow committed 2 dangerous fouls within a short period straight after and asked for all he got. Heaven helps them that helps themselves eh?

2. Sam and his boys came to town to intimidate as usual. They really are the new Wimbledon imo. Maybe we should refer to them as the Bolton Dons from now on. Nakata was obviously following his managers orders to all the players to wind Robbie Savage up. It's been in all the press and he's still at it after the game. They hold a long grudge at the Reebok dont they?

3. The numpties in the Riverside need long and serious bans. They were there simply to cause a fight and for no other reason. I hope the guy that decked the bald one doesn't get done as it was the best punch that I've seen since Tyson was a lad. In my experience of suchlike the bald git did damned well to get up.

Ugly Bolton hold on

Blackburn have received plenty of negative publicity about their alleged physical approach since Mark Hughes became manager, but they were on the receiving end in a fierce north-west derby. There are plenty of combustible characters in Blackburn's side, most notably Robbie Savage, accused of wanting to break people's legs in the morning papers by Bolton's Stelios Giannakopoulos, but they were largely blameless in this ill-tempered affair.

Bolton did little to shed the 'ugly' moniker they have been burdened with by the BBC's Alan Green following a series of challenges that really should have been shown after the 9pm watershed in this live televised game. The identity of the worst culprit was a surprise, however. Hidetoshi Nakata, with a reputation as Asia's most skilful player, was sent off after only 33 minutes following three fouls. He had escaped punishment for the first one on Steven Reid, got cautioned for the second on Savage in the 13th minute and was finally dismissed 20 minutes later when he was again late on David Bentley.

Sam Allardyce was, predictably, furious with the referee Mike Riley, his face growing redder and his gum being chewed ever more aggressively the longer the half went on. Even Allardyce, though, would surely have found it hard to justify the cynical body check by Bruno N'Gotty on Reid in the 70th minute, when the Blackburn midfielder was on a powerful forward run.

Moments later, the aggression even spilled briefly off the pitch when Blackburn and Bolton fans became involved in a running battle in front of the CIS stand before it was quelled by dozens of police.

Elsewhere, Blackburn found it harder to press home their numerical advantage. The closest they came was three minutes after half time when Stuart Gray whipped in a lovely cross that Brett Emerton met with a thunderous header that hit the underside of the bar.

Man of the Match STEVEN REID Blackburn's midfielder had upset Bolton in a previous encounter, judging by the way he appeared to be singled out for robust treatment. But always looked the player who could make something happen for Blackburn.

To be fair to him, he didn't particularly say anything against Rovers - just that Riley was rubbish, which he was. He said that everyone was just as infuriated about the ref, fans, managers and players. He pointed out some fouls from Rovers which if Riley had been consistant would have also got a yellow etc. He said Bentley's shouldn't have been a yellow, but at that point Riley had just lost the game.

One good point he made which I certainly hadn't considered is that some refs have reffed for 4-5 in a row over Christmas. We hear a lot about how players get fatigued, but he gave the example of Mark Clattenburg, who is regarded as one of the better ones. Over Christmas he'd reffed 4 games - travelling about 2000 miles in total (prollys a bit of an exageration!) and when you're tired that is when you make more mistakes.

If I were in anyway connected with BWFC I'd have serious reservations about Sam Allerdyce.

374639[/snapback]

They shouldn't...the man has done absolute wonders there. Sure he is a terminal whinger but he is an excellent manager. While he may have Wanderers-tinted glasses I'd much rather have him in charge of England then someone as dreary as McLaren, who seems to be the more favoured route to go if we the next national coach is to be English.

Allardyce has always liked to complain but he seems to have gone into overdrive in the past year or so...ever since his players were receiving plenty of stick from the media, notably Diouf. Wouldn't be surprised if a large part of this is a desire to take the brunt of criticism onto his own shoulders is tactical. If so...he is doing a great job of it.

Edited by FourLaneBlue