BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid Can't Shoot

Spencey really IS becoming Vinjay number 2.

This topic is "Steven Reid can't shoot". The idiot has already started a topic about Todd, yet he posts about him in here as well.

Todd has been in no trouble at our club aside from on the park stuff*. For anyone to bring up his past is disingenuous at best, prejudiced at worst. He's a centre half who, for the past two games, has been the best one on the park (including Rio- I'm not a drug cheat- ferdinand. His passing has been accurate and incisive and his temperament good.

Maybe he isn't in the mould of Viera, Gerrard or Keane (although I'd argue he is MUCH less of a thug than Keane is) but we as a club are not in the mould of Manure, Arsenal or Liverpool. We've never had captains that everyone has thought are role models. Tim Sherwood was an unpleasant mockney wide-boy and Barry Ferguson a moaning wee ninny (let's not forget Flitty's off-park incidents!). Compared to them, Toddy stands up very well.

Hughesy picks his teams on merit. At the moment, that includes Todd. Enough for me.

* anything done in the Amoruso incident is, of course, forgiven and totally understandable

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a strange perspective on the word 'cowardly' LeChuck.probably most peoples ideal captain.

376147[/snapback]

Kicking someone in the head whilst he is on the floor is cowardly.

I can't be bothered with the rest, I read 'Spain', realised I hadn't said a word about Spain, and decided you were going off on a needless tangent again.

Kicking someone in the head whilst he is on the floor is cowardly.

I can't be bothered with the rest, I read 'Spain', realised I hadn't said a word about Spain, and decided you were going off on a needless tangent again.

376471[/snapback]

Whats up with you? You think you know it all, and you don't mind sounding stupid. A potent combination.

Todd kicked Dugarry up the arse ffs! If you had seen the incident you must have remembered it...... unless its you thats had the bump on the head. blink.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

reid vastly improved over the last couple of months of the season. i say-"keep bigging him up, it'll add a new 0's to his fee."

to compare reid to bobby charlton is laughable (on every level of the debate). sir bobby charlton is still massively better than reid and he's 69 years old!

sir bobby had a pretty decent career :-

http://www.manutdzone.com/legends/BobbyCharlton.htm

to compare reid to bobby charlton is laughable (on every level of the debate). sir bobby charlton is still massively better than reid and he's 69 years old!

Agreed. Reidy needs to work on getting a massive comb over between now and the start of next season. It makes sense (on every level) and he'll look bloody good.

Comparing Steven Reid and Bobby C is possibly the stupidest comparison ever.........world cup winner, league winner, european cup winner and appearance and goal scoring record holder of probably the greatest side in Europe in the late 60s versus a lad who plays the odd game for England B (take that Robbie Keane) and has had a decent year and a half at Rovers.........

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.