BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven Caught Again

vyeo

Sting or no sting, at the time The Swede thought it was real enough and certainly something that could happen.

He has shown himself to be what he is - a total slime ball, someone who is available to the highest bidder, a football prostitute if you like. In fact Sven and the NOTW are made for each other.

Little wonder he went back on his gentleman's agreement with Jack and not take up the offer of managing Rovers.

375183[/snapback]

Yeah, what a cretin.

If he wins us the world cup he would leave. What a @#/?!

I don't know how he sleeps at night

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Sven nor the News of the World come out of this episode with any credit.

The tactics of the NOTW were sneaky and underhand. Even Max Clifford has criticised the paper for the article and says that they have been guilty of a "major own-goal".

"I think the article was very small-minded and the News of the World were crazy to run with it. I'm not surprised that many readers are taking Sven's side," says Max.

"Many might consider not buying a paper that's putting unnecessary pressure on the manager with just five months to go to the World Cup. The whole thing could easily back fire on them. Unless they can add any major revelations about Sven that will affect the football side of things in their next edition, I really can't see how they can justify what they are doing.

"Yes, it's good publicity, but in the long run what's the point of trying to unsettle the squad? If people start reacting against them it will be difficult for them to climb down," says Clifford.

Andrew Davis, of the Independent England Supporters website said: "The whole thing reeks and looks like it's designed to cause maximum disruption. It's very badly timed. You can rest assured that if we won the World Cup the paper would be running page after page praising Eriksson."

However, I wouldn't want Sven to be painted as an angel in all of this. Eriksson, after all, is the guy who stabbed Jack Walker in the back after shaking hands on a deal to come to Rovers. And before Ferguson performed a u-turn on his retirement, Sven was all set to walk out on England to join up with Man United.

Sven continued to have secret meetings with Peter Kenyon after the chief executive moved to Chelsea. The FA rewarded Sven for this disloyalty by giving him a massive pay rise. And now it seems Eriksson is happy to undermine David O'Leary's position by discussing a move to Aston Villa.

Telling a fake sheikh that Rio Ferdinand is "lazy" and that Wayne Rooney has a bad temper is hardly a huge revelation. Most of us knew that already, but Newcastle fans might be upset to hear Sven's comments about Michael Owen - who Eriksson claimed is unhappy at the club and only joined Newcastle for the money.

"Sven has been naive and stupid," says Alan Hansen

However, I wouldn't want Sven to be painted as an angel in all of this. Eriksson, after all, is the guy who stabbed Jack Walker in the back after shaking hands on a deal to come to Rovers. "Sven has been naive and stupid," says Alan Hansen

375254[/snapback]

Personally I count that as a God Almighty let off! He's so useless that I would still prefer Woy over him! Plus he would have plundered lots more bunce from JW's 'Rovers fund'. That Swedish buggerwould've bankrupt Croesus if he could have ffs!

Sting or no sting, at the time The Swede thought it was real enough and certainly something that could happen.

He has shown himself to be what he is - a total slime ball, someone who is available to the highest bidder, a football prostitute if you like. In fact Sven and the NOTW are made for each other.

Little wonder he went back on his gentleman's agreement with Jack and not take up the offer of managing Rovers.

375183[/snapback]

Or maybe he would just love to lead England to the pinnacle of football,to make them the world champions,but he is just planning for what might happen whether that does or does not happen.

Our lowlife press have simply done their usual trick,exposing somebodies private thoughts,big deal if svens making plans for the future,England fans are thinking no further than GERMANY 2006.

Come on England.

Actually I think if they had to pull such an unpleasant scam, the NOTW missed a trick here.

This rather ridiculous episode showed not for the first time that when extra money might be on the line, Sven's better judgement flies completely out of the window.

It would have been far more interesting if they'd offered to double his salary BEFORE the world cup and see what his reaction was.

Of course the only thing that really matters is - "Is he the man who will lead us to World Cup glory?" I imagine most people's answer to that is a resounding "NO"

I think we've got an exceptional squad of players who just need motivating properly. Sven's not the answer in that respect. We'd be far better served putting Stuart Pearce in charge IMO.

Stuart Pearce??? No I dont think so. Not in charge.

However

Get him on the bench, get him in "Team England" give him the bat with nails and have him striding up and down the touchline. Watch the lazy @#/?s play then. I honestly dont think he's ready for the england job yet, why would you wish the job on someone who's doing no better than Keggers was at Man Citeh. Also do you not like the man?

What we should be demanding instead of Sven out is - Keep McLaren away from the England job forever and ever.

There is no one english good enough to manage england at present. Id like Martin Oneil to have a chance before anyof the prem managers other than Morhinio

benitez would make a decent england manager.

For all the stick Sven gets he has done well fo England. I cannot think of anybody who I would put a ton on having a better record with the national side over 4 years.

If it had to be an english manager then my order would be:

1. Pearce

2. Curbishley

3. Allerdyce

4. McClaran

5. Bruce

None of those exactly inspire you with confidence do they. Lay off the swede until somebody actually has better idea.

1. Pearce - nowhere near enough experience. He's done a pretty good job with City but really gets more praise than he should because of his overall popularity and the media attention both he and City get. They are afterall only just above us and we have a game in hand, a good position, but given the cost that the city squad was assembled at not an amazing achievement. Maybe a future England manager but he has a while to go yet and a lot still to prove.

2. Curbishley - In my opinion of the five he's the best bet, but it's a poor bunch. Turning Charlton into a secure premiership side was an amazing achievement, but then since then where is the progression? They promise so much at the start of each season and then simply fade away, perhaps not a characteristic we want the England team to have.

3. Allardyce -No, just no. Couldn't stand the man though he does have an eye for a good deal and the ability to bring the best out of his side. However, his success at Bolton hasn't shown he can either handle the pressure of a big job or manage a talented side. Do we really want to see England with Davies up front and 11 men behind the ball just hoping someone will fall over in the penalty area and we scrape an ugly 1-0?

4 and 5 - One is probably a great coach, the other, well, disloyal moaner pretty much sums him up. Neither have the ability to manage a national side.

England would be forced into picking a foreign coach, not that there is anything wrong with that. The failure of the English leagues to produce top quality managers who get the chance to test themselves at the highest level has left the FA with little choice. While the fact that the England set-up doesn't allow there to be coaching staff surrounding the current manager and having a great deal of input and involvement in a way that could lead them to be potential candidates for the role of manager when the current one leaves has meant there is simply no option but to look abroad. Then again, I don't think sven has done all too much wrong other than the fact that he made a few mistakes in Euro 2004 in the Portugal game and then had a bit of bad luck to be knocked out and also lost in a close match to a Brazil side that just seemed to have the mental edge over England.

Edited by Eddie

Just like I want Ferguson to go early, so I want Sven out straight after the World Cup.

There is a young British Manager who has international management experience, is doing brilliantly well at his club, clearly has the respect and admiration of a squad of internationals at that club where he gets what he wants and motivates them well and is the perfect gentleman in front of the press with no known "bagage" in his private life.

And we all know who that is...

Hopefully he will be overlooked by both England and the Mancs if the change comes soon enough.

Just like I want Ferguson to go early, so I want Sven out straight after the World Cup.

There is a young British Manager who has international management experience, is doing brilliantly well at his club, clearly has the respect and admiration of a squad of internationals at that club where he gets what he wants and motivates them well and is the perfect gentleman in front of the press with no known "bagage" in his private life.

And we all know who that is...

Hopefully he will be overlooked by both England and the Mancs if the change comes soon enough.

375520[/snapback]

They would never put a welshman in charge, I doubt Hughes would be interested in managing England and even if he did come in his solid defensive approach would draw vast amounts of criticism from the off.

Poisoned chalice. Hughes is too bright for that.

I agree Joey, it is completely unthinkable that there would be a non-English manager of the English national team.

Just out of interest, would you rate Hughes as a Manager higher than Pearce?

375525[/snapback]

I do rate Hughes as a better manager than Pearce, although I am impressed by psycho I have to say.

The thing is ptting a swede or an italian or a brazillian in charge of the team is one thing. Putting a welshman, scotsman or irishman in charge is quite another. I don't think the FA would go for it, I don't think the fans would go for it. And for that matter I don't think Hughes would go for it. Saying that I dare say they had a look at Alex Ferguson and would of given him the job if he was interested, but he is the most successful British manager of all time so therefore a bit of an exception.

So if Hughes was a bonafide top draw, tens of trophies under his belt manager the FA might have a look, but if he is just "up and coming" they are never going to give it to a welshman.

Also there is an issue of pride as many weshman considered Hughes ultimately a failure for wales. Would the FA want to employ a man considered to be a failure for Wales.

Never going to happen.

ps. I bet you £ 200 that Hughes will not be the England manager within the next four years.

Edited by joey_big_nose

" Actually I think if they had to pull such an unpleasant scam, the NOTW missed a trick here.

It would have been far more interesting if they'd offered to double his salary BEFORE the world cup and see what his reaction was."

You think that they didn't try that !! Of course they bloody did, and a lot more, but he wouldn't bite. It was a set up and he, stupidly, fell for it. But, the things he said were hardly revelations were they ? Can you imagine how hard they tried to get him to say Rio is a cheating lying stupid overpaid shitbag, and the best they can get out of him is - a bit lazy.

Edited by salothsar

" Actually I think if they had to pull such an unpleasant scam, the NOTW missed a trick here.

It would have been far more interesting if they'd offered to double his salary BEFORE the world cup and see what his reaction was."

You think that they didn't try that !! Of course they bloody did, and a lot more, but he wouldn't bite. It was a set up and he, stupidly, fell for it. But, the things he said were hardly revelations were they ? Can you imagine how hard they tried to get him to say Rio is a cheating lying stupid overpaid shitbag, and the best they can get out of him is - a bit lazy.

375527[/snapback]

a

I do rate Hughes as a better manager than Pearce, although I am impressed by psycho I have to say.

ps. I bet you £ 200 that Hughes will not be the England manager within the next four years.

375526[/snapback]

I was careful not to mention Hughes by name in my original post but your reply shows that if the FA went on pure footballing grounds, Hughes is the strongest home grown manager currently working there is to chose from.

As we both know, football takes a back seat in these considerations.

Oh and by the way, I was waiting for someone to post what salothsar has just written. I bet the leading line in questioning was a classic: "That Owen only went to Newcastle for the money, he cannot possibly be happy there. Another drink, Sven?" "Yes".

Dave Whealen has come out today and demanded for Sven to be Sacked.

Sky Sports

Now Im no fan of Sven, I find some of the football he gets England playing as truely dull and awful, his tactics are left to be desired and he seems easily manipulated by the press and senior players.

This latest scandal is like what we saw in 1997 and again what the FA and his other employers have found out, that if there is more money on the table Sven will make it known hes interested in the job. Now thats not a crime in itself, after all if you were offered more money to do the same job you'd be interested and you would take a look. Now what gets me with Sven he always gets caught out, hes had enough run ins with the great English media to know he will get caught out, the mans an idiot for not learning.

Now from my above comments you'd think Id be siding with M Whealen on this but if anyone believes that England can win the World Cup with a new manager in charge is about as stupid as Mr Erriksson for having his pants down again. The group of players he has is perhaps the best chance since 96 we have had of winning anything we have the set up and surprisingly Svendover has a excellent record in competitive matches having only lost 2. We can't harm the consistancy in the England setup now, however much of a pillock he is.

Hes lost 4 - Brazil, France, Portugal and Northern Ireland.

And anything Wheelen's for im rapidly starting to side with the opposite.

Mr Wheelen, we dont care about what you think, once Wigan's been in the premiership for 10 years, then maybe, possibly, perhaps will I give a toss about your opinions

I wasn't counting Portugal as it was Pens.

I was too drunk at the time to remember France biggrin.gif

side note for the admin/mods why does my browser insist on quoting the last post I keep having to edit and its quite annoying. ohmy.gif

Edited by Seggie

Flopsy, that is one of the truest things I've read for a while.

'Wheel and deal' 'Arry can do no wrong in the eyes of the media.

374681[/snapback]

For Redknapp read Venables.

Found it funny that in the same paper there was a full double spread on who is equipped to take over. There were the usual suspects on the edge of the page and bang in the middle of the spread was the old barrow boy himself Terry Venables as the main contender.

Strangely enough the person who broke the Eriksson scoop - Martin Samuel, the person who is Venables ghost writer in the same paper - Martin Samuel.

Edited by LDRover

Outrage as Ruth Kelly approves appointment of disgraced Swede

user posted image

Education Secretary Ruth Kelly arrived at her desk this morning to be confronted with further angry demands for her resignation following shock newpaper revelations that her department had approved the employment of Sven Goran Eriksson - described by one tabloid newspaper as "more dangerous to our children's futures than a staff common room full of sex offenders".

As one enraged red-top put it: "The first priority has to be the protection of children. Some of the nation's kids have had nightmares after the tripe Sven dished up against Northern Ireland and Denmark. Imagine this: a world where your children's lives have been shattered by England's repeated failure to advance further than the World Cup semi finals; a world where a smirking Swede stuffs his face with champagne while negotiating a £5m-a-year deal to manage Aston Villa as kiddies the length and breadth of Britain are haunted by another ignominious penalty shoot-out exit."

Kelly's protestations that she did not personally endorse Eriksson as England manager are likely to fall on deaf ears, with enraged parents dragged before news cameras to vent their spleen. As one father-of-two put it to a suitably fired-up Sky News team: "You expect your kids to be able to watch an England team play something at least approaching proper football. My eldest still hasn't recovered from the Brazil fiasco at the last World Cup. He still asks: 'Daddy, why doesn't that nice Mr Blair do something about that horrible man in the glasses who speaks in a funny voice? He gives me the creeps, daddy."

At FA headquarters, meanwhile, a spokesman claimed that there had been a misunderstanding in communication between Eriksson and the Arab shiekh. "When Sven said that Rio Ferdinand was 'lazy sometimes' what he meant to say was that Rio is a greedy lazy @#/? who won't get out of bed for less than a hundred grand a week."

Back in Westminster, as Ruth Kelly prepared to clear her desk in anticipation of being held fully responsible for Sven Goran Eriksson, one former minister said: "I think her position is untenable, to be honest. She's lost the trust of her Cabinet team."

Sven Goran Eriksson was unavailable for comment this morning, but we were told by an assistant that he was tied up in bed with a blonde bird while rolling on a huge pile of money.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.