vyeo

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...gal+proceedings

Sven issues legal proceedings. Well done that man !! English gutter press

376316[/snapback]

Breach of confidence? Against who? He's suing the News of The World. But he didn't agree to talk to them. He agreed to talk to the fake sheikh.

I can't see this lasting... huh.gif

Edited by Rovermatt

Join The Crusade! Indeed.....

How about a crusade for the greedy Swede to stop touting himself to the highest bidder and to start acting with a bit more common sense. He is as near to the top of the football pyramid in this country as you can get, so you would think he would act in a manner that befits his position.

This could have been placed in the topic about falling attendances. If the England manager is only bothered about lining his own pockets in the lead up to a World Cup, it shows yet another example of how morally corrupt some areas of football are.

Yes, The News of The World are arseholes but what do you expect from a comic whose readership expects and thrives on this sort of trash reporting?

Why does Sven have to tout himself around anyway? It's absurd.

If he won the World Cup then he could have any job he likes and could write his own salary cheque. All he has to do is concentrate on the job in hand.

So, either he has no faith that he can steer one of the most talented England teams in recent times to the WC Final, or he can't resist talking money.

Either way he's making t1ts of us all. if he was English he'd have had it on his toes by now. But because he's a foreign Svengali he's taking the mickey. Infuriating.

Breach of confidence? Against who? He's suing the News of The World. But he didn't agree to talk to them. He agreed to talk to the fake sheikh.

I can't see this lasting...  huh.gif

376500[/snapback]

He could hardly sue the fake sheikh could he ? He doesn't exist ! I tend to think that Sven has a decent case against the NoW on the invasion of privacy and breach of confidence angle - although to pursue will just open him up to even more ridicule . It would be better for the greedy ba$tard just to forget it all and concentrate on the World Cup . I reckon he'll quietly let it drop after a while ...

That is really putting the cat amongst the pigeons- the FA have very publicly interviewed Mike Newell, Rob Hulse and Ian Holloway.

They have no option but to ask Sven to substantiate this irrespective of how it came out.

It's a case of writing the three names in a sealed envelope and seeing if they are the ones if Sven's names are revealed but I got my three in no time flat! (with a first reserve).

Sky's coverage doesn't name names but is sufficiently specific for me to change my mind about one of the corrupt ones.

How the rest of the World is reacting to Svengate.

Edited by philipl

I think we have reached the tipping point where it is more likely than not that Sven will go before the World Cup. Furthermore he will be unemployable in the UK which means that one big hitter will not be available when the Manchester United and Newcastle jobs fall vacant.

This is how the most read Sports pages- the Telegraph- are covering the story.

English football is going into melt down and the consequences from the ability to lure foreign players using complicated tax structures to the amount the broadcast rights can command are now under question marks.

It could be a bit like the shooting in Sarajevo in 1914.

Sven cannot retract his legal case against the NoTW without losing all credibility.

The NoTW have used some more of his slack jawed comments (the fact that Atholle Still was with him probably increases the likelihood of more gossip with the fake sheikh rather than decreases).

This time, they've used the stuff which they know they will not get pilloried for- last week's exposee rebounded badly on them.

In looking to their own popularity after last week's mauling, even the NoTW probably don't know quite what they have set off. They have said that Managers and clubs were named- the pressure for those names to come out in public will be immense. Watch for it all popping up on the internet on short lived sites (not this one please).

The FA either haul Sven in for questioning or get very publicly hauled up for double standards. They cannot question Newell, Hulse and Holloway but make an exception for their own employee.

Surely, the Police and the Premier League will be interested in the tone of Stll/Eriksson's remarks and perhaps the NoTW and their fake sheikh face a subpoena at some stage.

The NoTW must have more from Sven's trip to Dubai which hasn't gone into print- its the NoTW style to drip this stuff out. As the Telegraph comment, this whole sting cost them £100K+ and they will not have recovered much of that outlay yet.

Atholle Still will be a busy man this morning.

Who knows what might be going into shredders in the football world today?

The last week in brief.

Edited by philipl

The papers appear to be mountiing a concerted effort to completely balls up our chances in the world cup....can they not wait till after the tournament to spill their bilge and accusations?

Are they getting backhanders from the Germans?.....the 'fifth column' are alive and well, the enemy within. mad.gif

He could hardly sue the fake sheikh could he ? He doesn't exist !

376550[/snapback]

Well that's sort of my point.

Any agreement of confidentiality would have been between the Sheikh and Sven. It was the News of The World that revealed the story. Sven had never made any such agreement with them.

Phillip I do think you are right and it's only a matter of time before they start looking for a new manager. Charlton and Bolton fans must be cacking it as I think both realise they owe much of their relative success to their respective managers.

Edited by RovertheHill

A quick look at some very unrepresentative web sites:

- Pompey fans are sure its them

- Boro fans aqre having a party, they are so pleased its them.

- Newcastle fans don't believe its their club

- Spurs fans are worried

- Arsenal fans think its Spurs

- Chelsea fans think that if Abramovich was so smart that he made £7bn without being accused of corruption, he's hardly going to fall to Sven and the NoTW

- Manc fans are having a row between those who call RFW "Sir Alex" and those who call him "Ferguson".

Can we just ask people to be very, very, very careful about what they post on this thread. I don't see any problems so far but please be sure of the source of anyhting you post.

I think we have reached the tipping point where it is more likely than not that Sven will go before the World Cup. Furthermore he will be unemployable in the UK which means that one big hitter will not be available when the Manchester United and Newcastle jobs fall vacant.

This is how the most read Sports pages- the Telegraph- are covering the story.

English football is going into melt down and the consequences from the ability to lure foreign players using complicated tax structures to the amount the broadcast rights can command are now under question marks.

It could be a bit like the shooting in Sarajevo in 1914.

Sven cannot retract his legal case against the NoTW without losing all credibility.

The NoTW have used some more of his slack jawed comments (the fact that Atholle Still was with him probably increases the likelihood of more gossip with the fake sheikh rather than decreases).

This time, they've used the stuff which they know they will not get pilloried for- last week's exposee rebounded badly on them.

In looking to their own popularity after last week's mauling, even the NoTW probably don't know quite what they have set off. They have said that Managers and clubs were named- the pressure for those names to come out in public will be immense. Watch for it all popping up on the internet on short lived sites (not this one please).

The FA either haul Sven in for questioning or get very publicly hauled up for double standards. They cannot question Newell, Hulse and Holloway but make an exception for their own employee.

Surely, the Police and the Premier League will be interested in the tone of Stll/Eriksson's remarks and perhaps the NoTW and their fake sheikh face a subpoena at some stage.

The NoTW must have more from Sven's trip to Dubai which hasn't gone into print- its the NoTW style to drip this stuff out. As the Telegraph comment, this whole sting cost them £100K+ and they will not have recovered much of that outlay yet.

Atholle Still will be a busy man this morning.

Who knows what might be going into shredders in the football world today?

The last week in brief.

376828[/snapback]

I think you'll be proved wrong on all counts.

The powers of football will close shop and say nothing.

They've done a good job in clearing it off the Sky and BBC web sites so far...

My guess is that Sven's lawyers are screaming sub judice.

Whilst its not in the main football pages, it is in the UK News of the BBC and Patrick Barclay is quoted at length on Sky.

Edited by philipl

Gibson reveals: "I'm the fake Sheikh"

user posted image

The Sven-gate scandal took an astonishing twist today as Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson came clean and admitted that he was the man in the Arab robes behind the exposure of Sven Goran-Eriksson.

A contrite Gibson decided to tell all when he realised that his scheming had got wildly out of control. "I was the Sheikh," millionaire Gibson admitted. "I realised that Steve McClaren had to go, but I didn't want to pay the useless bugger any compensation."

Gibson's elaborate plan involved discrediting Sven, thus opening the door for McClaren to step into his shoes as the new England boss. Gibson's plan came unstuck last weekend though after 'Boro were humiliated in a 7-0 drubbing against Arsenal. "I realised then that even the FA aren't stupid enough to take the useless git away from us."

Gibson assured 'Boro fans that his sting operation, in conjuction with the News of the World, hadn't been that expensive. "Don't forget that it's going to cost us millions in compensation if we give McClaren the boot. I got the Sheik robes on the cheap from a fancy dress shop and after than it was just a case of booking a few flights to Dubai."

Gibson said that the plan involved Sven digging a hole for himself that resulted in his position becoming untenable. "The hope then was that the FA would want Steve to take over from him. That's what I was desperately hoping for anyway. All the 'Boro fans have been chanting 'McClaren for England' and it would have been the perfect way to get shot of him without having to pay any compensation."

Last night, Gibson was having dinner with McClaren and trying to patch things up. "Steve and I have a good understanding. I understand he's a rubbish manager, and he understands he's shortly for the chop," he told the waiter.

Well that's sort of my point.

Any agreement of confidentiality would have been between the Sheikh and Sven. It was the News of The World that revealed the story. Sven had never made any such agreement with them.

376847[/snapback]

Mmmm ....I suppose it all hinges on whether the sheikh will be deemed as an employee of the NoW (which he obviously was) and therefore the confidentiality clauses should apply . Very confusing .

Nevertheless , I'm glad Sven's taking this course of action now ; the more publicity it generates and the more the police and judiciary are involved , then the greater the likelihood that the average punter in the street will get to know of the true extent of the alleged corruption .

Sven might yet do English football a service ....

Edited by blue phil

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.