SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven Caught Again

vyeo

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll be proved wrong on all counts.

The powers of football will close shop and say nothing.

376898[/snapback]

Quite right. philip is barking up the wrong tree as per normal.

The FA will bide its time and the storm will blow over as the World Cup finals approach.

Eriksson will leave of his own accord after England have been eliminated in the quarter-finals.

There's no love for Eriksson among the tabloid hacks - viz the Screws hatchet job.

The question is why should the FA act - it is not in its interests to do so.

If England somehow win the World Cup all will be forgiven anyway.

Edited by jim mk2

If that's true Phil, I got at least 2 out of 3 correct, and I'm pretty confident on club three!

376856[/snapback]

Asked if managers always became involved in transfers Eriksson said: "Yeah, and of course they put money in their pocket."

One club was described as having a "stereotypical dodgy manager" while the boss of another was said to have thrown a "smoke screen" over an attempted bung.

A third was said to have paid "far too much for certain players because of illegal deals with agents and managers".

Me too Bryan sad.gifmad.gif

Simon Jordan adds his name and Ian Dowie's onto the list of folks going to the compliance unit. And probably fataly damages whatever slim chance Vennables ever had of succeding Sven in the process.

The FA begin toi think the "unthinkable" so they are ppreparing a contingency plan. And when you have one of those, you know what to do when/if the NoTW fake Sheikh runs into a third or fourth instalment. We may hate the NoTW, we want England to win the World Cup, but are we manning the barricades because we love Sven?

I didn't think so and the NoTW and FA know that.

Of course, if this is true, then besides casting the Premiership in a very bad light for wanting Sven out because of his naming clubs and managers, it puts Sven in a much less secure situation.

A very fair assessment of SGE. It will be interesting to see if we can love the "dishwasher" and forgive him not giving us the Ferrari in the drive.

Edited by philipl

As things stand he stays- it depends whether the NoTW have a convincing part 3.

I wonder if they got him to talk about the FA blazers?

Incidentally, did you notice in the piece at the week-end, the affable avuncular Still actually did much of the spilling of beans. I am surprised that Sven allowed Still to put out his statement yesterday unless those two are so "in it together" in terms of what else they said.

Edited by philipl

Press conference called for tomorrow monring when it will be announced that Eriksson is to leave the England job after the World Cup with a £3.5 million payoff.

The remaining two years of his contract were worth £9 million but Eriksson has agreed to accept the compromise settlement after the recent NoW furore.

Thanks jim, first with the news as always. Now confirmed on the BBC.

It would be better for the team if SGE went now.

Are the players likely to be particularly motivated or inspired by someone they know is leaving in a week or two anyway? Especially after spilling his views on certain players to the NOTW.

Aside from the fact he isn't English how can SGE possily now be as bothered about the outcome as he otherwise would have been?.

3.5m GRRRR.............. that grates. Why should he get anything? He's brought the situation entirely up onto himself by his own (Mis)behaviour/greed.

He is a obviously a man of very few morals and certainly not one to be trusted as we well know.

Get rid of him now and appoint old Bobby or someone until after the World Cup. I would rather we fail with an Englishman in charge.

You do all realise that you ARE all talking about the most successful England manager EVER in terms of results. (Success rate in excess of 85% compared to the enxt best of less than 75%- heard that on 5 live the other day)

If the guy was English this would never have have happened add you'd be praising him to the hilt.

You do all realise that you ARE all talking about the most successful England manager EVER in terms of results. 

377318[/snapback]

So he ought to be as well with the players at his disposal.

I suspect that is a somewhat misleading misleading statistic based on the greater number of qualifying games and friendles played against "lesser" sides than in years gone by.

Hmm, change of tone on here now. As Sven is going there is bound to be a clamour to get rid now.

Don't know whether its a good idea to get rid now but the issue could be forced without the NoTW doing fake Sheikh episode 3.

Apparently the Prem clubs he named have told him he is not welcome and that he will have to go to matches as an ordinary supporter with no cooperation or hospitality from them. The relegation struggler is presumably not an issue unless they are at home to clubs with England players but if the other clubs include two from Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man U and Newcastle, its going to be difficult for Sven to do his job properly before the World Cup Final.

Edited by philipl

It would be better for the team if SGE went now.

no it wont - who would replace him - no one good enough

Are the players likely to be particularly motivated or inspired by someone they know is leaving in a week or two anyway?

absolutely - it didnt work for Bobby Robson either in Italia 90 did it? No of course not - quarter finals are pathetic.

I actual feel sorry for Sven and disgusted with the small minded myopic little englander mindset of the press and some people on this board

THERE IS NO ONE AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT TO REPLACE HIM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.