BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven Caught Again

vyeo

I personally don't think that there is anybody better qualified than Sven to do the job and I think a lot of people are going to wish we hadn't done this. Even if it was a free choice of any manager in the world I would guess there would only really be three that anybody would be unanimous in the belief that it would be a good choice- Mourinho, Benitez and Wenger- and they are all F-ing foreign.

If he does go before the World Cup, which must now be quite likely, then we should go to Arsene Wenger on our knees, cap in hand (and presumably with a large check) to ask for him to take charge just for the world cup with Stuart Pearce. That is the only arrangement where I could see the side actually benifitting from this whole fiasco.

If we end up with McClaren or Allerdyce some of you clowns are going to be sorry. No time to build up and get to know the team, tactical styles that don's suit the English side.

Well done England for doing the best we can to screw ourselves over.

Edited by joey_big_nose

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I remember Graham TAylor (incompetent), Venables (Crooked and incompetent [look at Leeds Pompey Australia]), Glenn Hoddle (err just useless and man management that makes souness look competant) Keegan (Full of Passion compleatly out of his depth, inept and rubbish Picked Phil Nevile at Left Back and played Southgate in midfield), Sven (not the most passionate man ever, however - Beat the Germans 5-1 in Munich, Got to the quarter finals of the World Cup [which we lost disapointingly to the eventual winners]), beating Argentina twice. Lost to Northern Ireland (Very embarrasing) but still head and shoulders over everything since Sir Alf amd better than any English manager currently in the business.

I would like Stuart Pearce to be taken to the World Cup for experience but I would like to keeo Sven in charge, and I expect the players to work very hard to give Sven a decent send off

THERE IS NO ONE AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT TO REPLACE HIM

377324[/snapback]

Allardyce, Pearce, Curbishley to name but three instantly off the top of my head.

I'm equally sick of people who think opposition to Sven is solely on the basis of his non Englishness. Most people would naturally prefer an English person in charge but that's generally as far as it goes. He could be from anywhere if he led us to any success.

Under Sven we manage to get past lesser teams, but usually fail to perform when presented with a more serious test.

I just can not see how Sven can motivate the players to the maximum. It was hardly one of his best qualities before, what will it be like now. He has slated half of them in the press and is now taking a few million as a payoff.

He needs to go.

he did not slate them

he said - Ferdinand is lazy, is that a lie?

Rooney has a temper, is that a lie?

Owen went to Newcastle for the money - he didnt go for the weather or the fact he was a boy hood toon fan did he?

Robson and Venables were both known to be leaving after the 90 World Cup and 96 European championships before going to the tournaments

Im bloody furious about this, and it means that Fat Sam is more likely to be the next England manager - Kevin Davies up front - hurrah

Allardyce, Pearce, Curbishley

Fat sam - see above

Pearce - has been in charge of Man City for less than a year and has got as many points as Keegan did at this point last season - hes the messiah you know. I would love him to be with the team as an assistant but nothing further yet.

Curbishley - Charlton are doing brilliant at the mo arent they.

At least we seem to be agreed that McLaren is ###### useless

Also its unlikey that Sam, Curbs or Pearce would want the bloody job after this, who would.

Can we have Morihnio part time please

he did not slate them

he said - Ferdinand is lazy, is that a lie?

Rooney has a temper, is that a lie?

Owen went to Newcastle for the money - he didnt go for the weather or the fact he was a boy hood toon fan did he?

Robson and Venables were both known to be leaving after the 90 World Cup and 96 European championships before going to the tournaments

Im bloody furious about this, and it means that Fat Sam is more likely to be the next England manager - Kevin Davies up front - hurrah

377334[/snapback]

He said Rooney was from a poor family. Was similarly uncomplimentary about Ferdinand and insinuated that SWP wasn't worth the money. And has betrayed Owen's confidence. And Beckham's by claiming he would follow him to Aston Villa.

It's hardly likely to have the players busting a gut for him, is it?

Even if he was staying.

But Sven has a squad of players most of his predecessors could only have dreamed about.

377335[/snapback]

COme off it. At the last world cup our side wasn't that great, no Rooney or Gerrard. Similarly at Euro 2004 we looked decent with Rooney onthe pitch but when he was injure the overall quality was not as good as 1990 with Gasoigne gone.

THe squad is only maturing now and you want him out the door. We do now have an exceptional side but how you imagine a manager of dubious record such as Allerdyce, Pearce or Curbishley (who have only six months and three or four friendlies to get to know the team) will perform better than one who knows them inside out and has garnered very good results and has pedigree strikes me as verging on the insane.

Its not a case of there being no replacement. There has to be.

Its a case that the guy has to go.

When Fergie stated he would be stepping down, Utd fell apart. They are still recovering now.

When Keegan stated he was leaving City, City started to crumble and he was replaced.

You`re either in it or you`re not.

The situation is bloody ridiculous.

He said Rooney was from a poor family. Was similarly uncomplimentary about Ferdinand and insinuated that SWP wasn't worth the money. And has betrayed Owen's confidence. And Beckham's by claiming he would follow him to Aston Villa.

377338[/snapback]

Is it a lie? Rooneys from the ###### end of liverpool (yes there is one) SWP wasnt worth the money and is rotting in the Chelsea reserves and im sure youve been even more uncomplimentary about Ferdinand.

Although have to agree that threatening to take Beckham to Villa was an awful thing to do.

Hughes and Jewel have just been named as potential candidates

Its not a case of there being no replacement. There has to be.

Its a case that the guy has to go.

When Fergie stated he would be stepping down, Utd fell apart. They are still recovering now.

When Keegan stated he was leaving City, City started to crumble and he was replaced.

You`re either in it or you`re not.

The situation is bloody ridiculous.

377341[/snapback]

Spot on.

Was going to use the Fergie analogy.

I actual feel sorry for Sven and disgusted with the small minded myopic little englander mindset of the press and some people on this board

THERE IS NO ONE AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT TO REPLACE HIM

377324[/snapback]

Feel sorry for him? He is laughing all the way to the bank mate.

You are disgusted with the 'small minded myopics' but you actually feel sorry for this man? Me thinks you might just be suffering from a bit of short-sightedness yourself.

The only surprise is that this farce is being played out with several months still to go. It would be more England to wait until a couple of weeks before the tournament and cause total chaos then.

It would be lunacy to replace Sven at this stage - whatever he's said to some devious dressed up hack after a couple of bottles of wine. He has worked with the players for 4 years since losing to Brazil aiming to succeed in Germany. There have been ups and downs, but the overall record is unquestionably positive, especially in tournament situations.

For me the press should move on and concentrate on wrecking the lives and reputations of someone outside the England camp, at least until July. Surely there are a few Lib Dem MPs they can pick on - they won't even need to set up elaborate and expensive scams on boats to reel some of them in.

There have been ups and downs, but the overall record is unquestionably positive, especially in tournament situations.

377352[/snapback]

Failing to take the game to 10-man Brazil, and camping in our own half after going a goal up against a Portugal team that were there for the taking - nothing positive about that.

Feel sorry for him? He is laughing all the way to the bank mate.

377350[/snapback]

There is an element of that as well.

Sven will trouser 3.5m for doing naff all when the Tournament finishes and no doubt walk straight into another ludicrously overpaid position.

I'm sure he's more than happy with the settlement he's negotiated.

Failing to take the game to 10-man Brazil, and camping in our own half after going a goal up against a Portugal team that were there for the taking - nothing positive about that.

377354[/snapback]

There are ifs and buts - especially with hindsight - about any game of football, especially when the team you support gets knocked out.

World Cups in 1986, 1990 and 1998 and the intervening Euros all produce questions / challenges to the incumbent managers (let's not even touch on the elimination from USA 94 in qualifying).

We have to deal with the here and now, and replacing the well established England coach at this moment in time - because of a newspaper scam - would be barmy.

377354[/snapback]

Get a bloody life. He made a mistake, and, if you hadn't noticed, Brazil were (and still are) the best team in the world by a mile.

I am sure Keegan would of told the England side to charge down into the Brazilian half but then I am quite sure we would of lost under Keegan as well and by more goals.

The point is he isn't perfect BUT there is absolutely no else who is available who could offer more. There are precious few who arn't available who could offer more for christsakes.

biggrin.gif Just rolled through this thread. Not a lot of suggestions from the "Sven must go now" camp as to who will replace him to take the squad to Germany. and as the xenophobic English press will hound and Johnny Foreigner to death

Sam Allerdyce: - ROTFLMFHO

Rat-Faced Whinger: - been suggested, he won't do it. He's too happy to be Scottish

Alan Curbishley: - Oh come on, be realistic. No European experience.

Stuart Pierce: - already laughted it off as embarassing.

Paul Jewel:- 6 months experience in the Premiership, 0 in Europe

Mark Hughes: - Got you thinking eh?

That's just about it unless you want to have a think about Bryan Robson/ Steve McLaren/Graeme Souness/Harry Rednapp/ or Bernard Cribbins.

Edited by colin

joey, out of interest, since Sven's been in charge do you think we've performed better, worse, or about the same than should have been expected given the players we've had available over that period?

Take out the 5-1 game in Munich and I can't find much in the "better" category.

It's generally "about the same" with a liberal sprinkling of "worse" along the way. Especially when the chips are down.

Get a bloody life. He made a mistake, and, if you hadn't noticed, Brazil were (and still are) the best team in the world by a mile.

I am sure Keegan would of told the England side to charge down into the Brazilian half but then I am quite sure we would of lost under Keegan as well and by more goals.

The point is he isn't perfect BUT there is absolutely no else who is available who could offer more. There are precious few who arn't available who could offer more for christsakes.

377359[/snapback]

1. He didn't learn from his mistake because he was just as negative in Euro 2004

2. It hasn't escaped my notice that Brazil are a good team, but we should be giving them more of a game when they only have 10-men.

3. I never mentioned Keegan

4. I would rather anyone be in charge than Sven. That is an opinion I have held for a very long time, not just because of recent revelations in the gutter press.

5. I have a very nice life, but thanks for the advice anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.