BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United 0 Blackburn Rovers 1

Eddie

Checked quickly, but couldn't find a reference in the thread....

I know MGPs goal was very similar to the Galagher goal (same end of the pitch and all)

But I've got this ManU supporter bugging me about that "sham of a goal", can anyone remind me of this match... didn't ManU score a similar dodgy goal for a winner against us very late in a match within the last year or so, anyone remember when, or what details I'm confusing, because I can't remember, but I'd like to give this guy some greif right back.

377548[/snapback]

Do you mean last year's home fixture with the scum where Saha obviously handed down a ball which Alan Smith scored an equalizer in stoppage tiem against 10 man Rovers?Arrgh,what a bad memory.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. If my memory serves me right, Dwight Yorke wrongly had a foul awarded against him, the free kick sent the ball upfield (not sure if there was another touch, someone will tell you), found its way onto Louis Saha's hand and conveniently fell to Alan Smith who scored. Even more annoyingly, it was in the last minute, there were four minutes of added time (which should have been no more than three), and looked quite deliberate on the part of Saha who was lurking at the side of the net and made a turn to knock the ball into Smith's path.

I'm quite sure the fourth official consulted Fergie about the amount of added time -others have remarked on that as well.

match report here

Edited by roversmum

Yes, I remember having the following discussion with the head of our European operations who is a United fan about 6 or 7 months after the match:

Him: My cat's name is Fergie.

Me: Is that because he whines so much?

Him: Yes, especially about extra minutes of stoppage time.

Me: grumble grumble grumble

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.