BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United 0 Blackburn Rovers 1

Eddie

Anyone in Australia know whether this match will be live on Fox Sports? There is a live football match listed on the Fox Sports website at the same time as Rovers-Newcastle, but no team names are listed.

375197[/snapback]

Seen the match fixtures on fox the other day six matches being televised and Newcastle Rovers was not one of them.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sport has it on live here in NZ, right after Everton vs. Arsenal

375237[/snapback]

That was on of the best things I noticed when I was out in NZ was how often Rovers were on. Or Ryan Nelsen's Rovers as they seem to be referred to now. Over Christmas all 4 games were scheduled to be on and then the Bolton one and now Newcastle.

A tough one to call. Mainly as I am not certain how the semi-final the following Wednesday will influence the players and Mark Hughes selection policy.

Bellamy being suspended is good news for the semi final - but not so much this match - as I would have fancied us to win with him playing.

Still - going to go with my heart and a Rovers win .......

Newcastle - 1 (Shearer)

Rovers - 2 (Kuqi and Peter)

rover.gif

Souness just seems to keep winning the last chance games and hanging on but maybe it is all set up for us to stuff them and for him to get the boot after. Pity Bellamy isn't around to drive that final nail in.

I reckon it'll be a draw though, 1-1. Dickov for us.

Sure to be a good day out whatever the result.

Bellamy out is a blow but arguabley this is a game we can afford to miss him for. I'm sure Bellamy would've been very keen to show souness and shearer what he can do though.

As it is Newcastle don't like physical forwards and I've never seen such a jittery defence, so Kuqi and Dickov should have a field of a day. My main concern is how many players will have an eye on the semi final and thus not be playing flat out. Even subconciously I'm sure such a big game must have some affect on players in this game. Hopefully everyone will play out of their skins to cement their place in the team on wednesday, but it could also have the reverse effect.

I'm thinking rovers should really win this one, even at their best newcastle are an unbalanced (if talented) team, and with the amount of injuries they have they shouldn't have too much to offer. Even the in form Given shouldn't be able to stop us winning it.

However this really, really must be absolutely Souness's last chance, any later in sacking souness and a new manager won't be able to shift in or out any players. So very concievably this could well be sounesses last game, which is a tad worrying to say the least. Every time he should get the boot he somehow manages to avoid it, he's been in the last chance saloon so long they're thinking of naming the bar after him.

With Souness teetering on the edge the chances of him getting a result must be magnified and the chances of another lucky escape must be pretty high. Coupled with a semi-final appointment next wednesday for us I can see it being 1-1 with Dickov for us, Shearer for them, and Souness somehow avoiding the sack for a bit longer.

Bear in mind that they had most of their midfield out injured and still beat us comfortably at Ewood. This is still going to be a very tricky game, winnable but tricky.

375535[/snapback]

but, Rovers were no in form at that point and we were playing 451! Also, Newcastle had Michael Owen playing!

I fancy Rovers to nick this one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.