BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United 0 Blackburn Rovers 1

Eddie

Tooting rover, the wetherspoons next to the train station is okay for away fans, the gate is an idoor complex not far from the ground that houses a few pubs in it and they are okay.

Ones to avoid are Idols (who have stripers on before the game biggrin.gif ) and the strawberry which is right outside the ground.

Most pubs are fine, worn my shirt in most of them down the years.

See you all at the game...

Shearer to score, us to score, result anybodys guess!!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take it that's a no, then.  smile.gif    Looks like it will have to be cans on the train then.

375620[/snapback]

A few decent bars/eating places down by the Tyne. As you work your way up the hill, through the shopping areas you come to a pub right by the ground. Had a couple in there without any problems. Had a great caracature above the bar of Peter Reid as a monkey in a Sunderland shirt.

I'll take it that's a no, then.  smile.gif    Looks like it will have to be cans on the train then.

375620[/snapback]

I'm not picking on you, I'm just taking it as an example. Perhaps I've misinterpreted what you've said, but,

I'll never understand this desire to drink before a game. Sure, have a drink while chatting in a pub, but if there's no pub available, then so be it. But "having" to drink cans on a train? I just don't understand...

Going up to Blackburn from Preston on the train, there were a load of guys drinking cans and bottles on the train. They were loud, obnoxious, tipsy, if not drunk and were quite threatening to be around. Likewise, a lot of youngsters were also drunk and threatening.

Now while not all people who drink before a game get drunk or become abusive, this drinking that is rightly associated with football is, in my opinion, what puts so many people off the sport. I know a lot of people who view football fans as drunk hooligans and I think it is a major problem for the game.

I'm also against drinking on the train because of all the rubbish that gets left over.

I really don't know why everyone thinks Shearer is going to score in this game.

He's got four goals in the league this season. That one at Ewood, and I'd guess that at least two of the others were penalties. (Those of you with more enquiring minds may wish to prove me wrong.) Compare to Shefi who has scored five, none from penalties.

He's now as slow as a tortoise with chilblains, our back four will have be able to count to ten and then still catch him up.

Souness is playing him either out of respect for his "legend" status or because he has no alternatives. I suspect it is a bit of both.

All we need is an early goal, go in for half time with a lead and the SJP "faithfull" will boo them off.

Which will be nice.

I'm feeling all warm and optimistic over this one, not least because they can't do to us again what they did at Ewood. Or can they?

Newcastle no future

I love to here stories about newcastle like this + to add to this they are poor on the pitch and in 80 mill of debt

375743[/snapback]

Decent piece of work by Macbeth and some good follow-up. Newcastle are in some difficulty if the wage bill has jumped by £185K a week (£8m a year).

It explains why their Board is unwilling to pay off Souness for £3m! Add getting rid of his backroom staff and recruiting replacements with compensation and Newcastle could easily be looking at a bill of £6m which would just about wipe out their projected net worth of £7m.

Two conspiracy thoughts- I wonder if Newcastle will try to pin some bungs allegations on Souness and get rid of him that way. Also, it could be argued as one of the posters has done that FF is driving down the worth of NUFC to take it over.

At the end of the day, Newcastle are miles away from the Leeds situation. They still have tradeable assets in Owen, Parker and Given and are not bereft of players with any value and still over £100m in pressing creditors which is where Leeds found themselves.

Anyway, I am feeling a bit more optimistic about Saturday's game but it will be tough to get three points up there.

With Tuesday's game in mind, I would like MGP to be given a rest (put on bench) and give Peters a run out. Matteo at Left back so theres no chance Gray can get injured - Id also play Tugs and Savage midfield, Emerton on the right Dickov and Kuqi up front

I really don't know why everyone thinks Shearer is going to score in this game.

375796[/snapback]

Eddie Posted Today, 12:11

QUOTE(slater_scott @ Jan 19 2006, 11:38 )

because 1 goal and he is the newcastle record for most goals

and he always scores against us.

As above Colin and...

We are Blackburn Rovers which = That it will happen wink.gif

Actually it says Parker is a remote possibility for being fit in time for the Cheltenham FA Cup match a week later.

Bramble and Emre are considered possibilities for Saturday. Frankly, I feel relatively indifferent about them playing given Souness' track record of rushing players back before they are ready. That's obviously the case getting Carr to play three weeks after a hernia operation- it is no surprise he now needs another one.

A fully fit Bramble would struggle against Dickov's harrying and Kuqi's strength would unnerve him but he is a physically strong lad. Facing the likes of Savage, Reid (in all probability) and Todd is hardly ideal convalescence for Emre no matter how classy he is.

God, I would love to win on Saturday and put Souness out of job! I know that his team has bad injuries, but the teams that he has put out lately haven't been that bad and he still can't get any consistent results. We lost 3-0 to them earlier this season, when they didn't deserve it. We are on a good run and they aren't, so we should be looking to win. Too bad Bellamy isn't playing, because I would have loved him to bang a couple in against them and give the fingers to Souness. Even if Emre is back, I wouldn't want to be facing Reid and Savage on my return. I'm going for a 2-1 Rovers win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.