BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United 0 Blackburn Rovers 1

Eddie

If Emmerton is to play against the geordies i hope Mark Hughes has a big one to one with Bret to find out what he is going to do in this game and tell him exactly what he expects from him.

Emmerton in this game could be a key player from a counter attacking point of view but only if his head is on the right way.

Kuqi has to start for me, despite certain limitations he has, and Dickov dropped to the bench because of his lack of pace.

All Rovers have to do in this game is keep it tight for long periods, not playing the wide open football like they have done on certain occassions and just wait ....just wait for the cracks to appear in the Newcastle team because they will appear.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows about this

Friedel

Neill Zurab/Todd Nelson Gray

Emerton Savage Tugay Peter

Kuqi Pedersen

Subs: Enks, Todd/Zurab, Reid, Mokoena,Dickov (half time sub dependant on whats happenin!)

Give Peter his chance and MGP up front...pehaps???

Edited by murray92

Think Reid and Savage should play in the centre to run the legs off the un-matchfit Emre and overun the weakened midfield. Emerton and Pedersen on the wings to also provide the legs to run Newcastles weakened team ragged. Dickov and Bentley to go upfront, i think Newcastles defence could cope with the power of Kuqi but their positional play is terrible so the more skilful and creative Bentley may unlock their defence better. I think Bentleys form has been pretty good of Late. If we havent scored then theres always Tugay or Kuqi to bring off the bench.

Friedel

Neil Kishinishvilli Nelsen Gray

Emerton Savage Reid Pedersen

Bentley Dikov

Subs. Enkleman Mokoena Kuqi Petr Tugay

Also wouldnt mind trying petr out for the last 15 minutes or so depending on the result. He seems a real prospect, and would offer something different to pedersen.

Think it will be a draw, 2-2 given that neither defence is great at the moment.

Well apparently somebody tipped Lawrensen off about the fact that whenever he predicts a negative result regarding the Rovers, we go on to win.

So the "shrewd" man has gone in for a Rovers win in the hope that the reverse happens.

Preston connard de merde.

imo we will start with:

friedel

neil zurab nelson gray

emerton reid tugay pedersen

kuqi dickov

subs: enks peter savage todd axe

hopefully savage can sit this one out as i think he will be our biggest player on wednesday and we don't want him susspended!!!

think we will go 2-0 up, souey will go all out attack, put on the axe for tugs to secure things up, bring peter on for dickov and hit them on the break.

bellamy would of been well good in this match but is susspended and bentley is injured according to reports and todd is ill!!!

so thats the plan rolleyes.gif

Think Reid and Savage should play in the centre to run the legs off the un-matchfit Emre and overun the weakened midfield. Emerton and Pedersen on the wings to also provide the legs to run Newcastles weakened team ragged. Dickov and Bentley to go upfront, i think Newcastles defence could cope with the power of Kuqi but their positional play is terrible so the more skilful and creative Bentley may unlock their defence better. I think Bentleys form has been pretty good of Late. If we havent scored then theres always Tugay or Kuqi to bring off the bench.

Friedel

Neil Kishinishvilli Nelsen Gray

Emerton Savage Reid Pedersen

Bentley Dikov

Subs. Enkleman Mokoena Kuqi Petr Tugay

Also wouldnt mind trying petr out for the last 15 minutes or so depending on the result. He seems a real prospect, and would offer something different to pedersen.

Think it will be a draw, 2-2 given that neither defence is great at the moment.

376270[/snapback]

Bentley is suspended, try again.

Think the team will be:

Brad

Neill Zurab(if todd sick) Nelson Gray

Emo Reid Sav MGP

Dickov Kuqi

I can see Tugay being rested - although not 100% sure cos he sat out last week so might be raring to go. Plus Sav is walking on egg shells for wed.

<editted didnt realise bentley was suspended.>

Edited by OJRovers

With Bellamy and Bentley suspended and todd ill the team should pick itself:

Friedel

Neill Nelson Zurab Gray

Reid Tugay Savage Pedersen

Dickov Kuqi

Subs:

Enckelman, Matteo, Oh Mokoena, Peter, Emerton, J Johnson

Looks like we could be thin on the bench.

tinykit.gif

1-0 with Reidy scoring early doors. Think theyre'll be a sending off as well, hopefully it'll be Souness banished to the stands.

Bring your coats its freezing up here. Locals not very confident so it could be a good day out.

Come on Rovers.

I'm not picking on you, I'm just taking it as an example.  Perhaps I've misinterpreted what you've said, but,

I'll never understand this desire to drink before a game.  Sure, have a drink while chatting in a pub, but if there's no pub available, then so be it.  But "having" to drink cans on a train?  I just don't understand...

Going up to Blackburn from Preston on the train, there were a load of guys drinking cans and bottles on the train.  They were loud, obnoxious, tipsy, if not drunk and were quite threatening to be around.  Likewise, a lot of youngsters were also drunk and threatening.

Now while not all people who drink before a game get drunk or become abusive, this drinking that is rightly associated with football is, in my opinion, what puts so many people off the sport.  I know a lot of people who view football fans as drunk hooligans and I think it is a major problem for the game.

I'm also against drinking on the train because of all the rubbish that gets left over.

375747[/snapback]

I think you are misinterpreting. I would like to have a couple of beers with a friend of mine I have not seen since the Leeds cup game. We are both responsible parents now and frown on lager louts. However, if the good folk of GNER are prepared to sell to me a can of beer from their buffet car, then I may take them up on the offer.

I promise to behave responsibly for you and will not be wearing colours. I trust this has reassured you regarding my behaviour.

Never mind the fans' behaviour, Newcastle have the highest number of fouls and disciplinary points of any club in the Prem.

Might as well start 10 a side to save the ref the effort of waving the red card.

376356[/snapback]

I find this disgraceful - what is MH doing ? The disciplinary table was the only thing we won last season biggrin.gif

I cant believe it.

Lawro has predicted a win. So we are obviously going to lose 3-0.

Nice one Lawro!!!!

well some one said the reason he disliked us so much was because it was souness who gave him the sack at newcastle, and developed his distaste for us from that, maybe he just dislikes souness more that blackburn

So where is Everybody going before the match?

I'll prob statrt by the trian station in the Union Rooms (weatherspoons) then make my way up to the ground....if anybody wants to see the Geordie dancer he'll probably be in the City Vault on the bigg market.

Prediction

Rovers 2

(MGP and Dickov)

Toon 1

(Big Al)

Verdict...............

Souness Sacked.....and a quality night out on the toon!

Edited by Macky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.