BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Manager 06

I find FM2006 fairly hard. I had a terrific first season with Rovers - 6th - but finished something like 14th in the second season and now 11th in the third season. I did win the Carling Cup in the third season, though.

I am also finding it terrifically hard to keep the wage bill down. Figures, since I keep getting players in (usually free) but can barely get a player to leave. I have all the same problems as tchocky when it comes to getting rid of players, especially with them not wanting to leave when someone bids for them.

My squad is fairly big. It's typical for players to play no more than 20 games a season.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find FM2006 fairly hard. I had a terrific first season with Rovers - 6th - but finished something like 14th in the second season and now 11th in the third season. I did win the Carling Cup in the third season, though.

I am also finding it terrifically hard to keep the wage bill down. Figures, since I keep getting players in (usually free) but can barely get a player to leave. I have all the same problems as tchocky when it comes to getting rid of players, especially with them not wanting to leave when someone bids for them.

My squad is fairly big. It's typical for players to play no more than 20 games a season.

379798[/snapback]

I have about 5 players in reserves and all the rest I just keep swaping in and out of the first team (I have about 25 in there) This keeps the wages down

I have finished 10th 3rd and at the end of my third season now where I finished 4th.

My top players and fairly cheep are:-

Lebong Mokoana

Adu

Ben Arfa

Guzman

Anthony Van Den Boore

Joey Barton

Brian Keane

Scott Sinclair

Anton Ferdinand

Also been made England Manager

Edited by Cocker

Tchocky i buy the game once every two years, get an illagal the other seasons. I bought fm06 and theres loads of bugs compared to fm05 which i downloaded. I get something about a sensor arrays everytime i sign a coach.

As for the easyness, i mainly play from the lower leagues, and its incrdibly easy to get Started - just get a load of prem reserves on loan, no wages/ no cup ties, and sell your best two players in order to buy Lee Trundle & Neil Danns plus loads of squad players.

If you aint found him yet - check out Nik Besagno, Salt Lake City reserves, bought 100k, 16 yr old. Magic.

ARGH! Why is it that you ALWAYS lose to Man UTD, Chelsea and Arsenal about 4-0?! I went 3-0 down to Man UTD after 26 minutes. It just doesn't happen, yet in my game it happens every shittin time i play them.

And I've had enough of conceding after all of 30 seconds. It happens so often it's untrue.

I've not had any trouble with Man United but have played some insane games against Arsenal. Last season I beat them 4-2 at Ewood and lost 5-4 away. Can't do nothing with Chelsea though, beat them once in the Charity Shield but not in the league yet. I'm four seasons in, won the league cup, FA cup, Charity Shield, UEFA Cup and the Premiership so far.

Your Rubbish haha! I finished 7th in my first season with rovers. My trick was a decent formation and selling all the deadwood off, eg Enkleman, Matteo, Jansen, Gallagher, Douglas, Almost all reserves, Gresko, Dikov and got around 4.5m for them. They on player search fitted filters to find some quality cheap players, especially defenders. Get Dwight Pezzarossi! Scored 4 on his debut! Also Riordan. Also helped that Kuqi scored 28 in a season!!!!!!!

hahaha.

I'm four seasons in and have finished 8th, 6th, 5th, 4th and now should be challanging for the league. Despite finishing fourth last season I lost every game to the rest of the top five, some as stupid as 5-1. The only game I won was 6-4 against Chelsea. I replayed the same game against Man U once and out of six matches I lost every one and in each conceeded within 8 minutes.

My biggest criticism of the game is the amount of goals scored in the opening minutes, or even seconds.

Well I'm now in season 3 of my latest game, season 1 started well with Leicester finishing 7th - just missing out on playoffs - and clearing out quite a few overpaid players. Second season I tried to change the team too much and only won once in the 1st 11 games and got sacked. So took over Barnsley (who were in League Two) and guided them from 22nd to 2nd and back to League One. Now in third season and looking good for a playoff spot with only minimal changes to the squad. Think that's the key really, only change a few players at a time.

Just borrowed the disc off my housemate - it's much, much harder than the last edition. It's taken me twenty games to find a tactic that works for Bury (started off unemployed), which is an obscene amount of time. The AI is also highly questionable this time around, it seems to screw you over all the time - ridiculous late goals, crazy passbacks etc etc wink.gif

Just borrowed the disc off my housemate - it's much, much harder than the last edition. It's taken me twenty games to find a tactic that works for Bury (started off unemployed), which is an obscene amount of time. The AI is also highly questionable this time around, it seems to screw you over all the time - ridiculous late goals, crazy passbacks etc etc wink.gif

383014[/snapback]

The patch should sort that out mate

In my game (in the fourth season), Souness is still in his job. I can't say they are world beaters, though. They are a midtable side, although they seem to have the habit of beating me.

Ranieri with Man City is another team that has can't stop beating me.

Oh, and Birmingham City won the FA Cup in the 05/06 season! And finished 17th that same season. Bruce got sacked one or two seasons after he kept struggling (I think they went down), but he still got the Man Utd job.

Edited by James No. 7

The work permit tghing is really chapping my ass. I can't get besagno or Lebohang, so I have to rely on Henrik Larsson and Bellamy, not too bad, really.

Wigan has also been my saviour as they offered 1.4 million for Matteo and 800k for Kuqi. Helped immensely in the Larsson purchase, but @#/? Porto wouldn't even accept my 6 mill offer for benni. i didn't have that money, mind you, I just wanted to see if they'd go for it.

great game, just bogs my computer down to a crawl...

I'm not doing too badly with Rovers at the moment - finished 4th and got into the Champions League in my 2nd second, but so far I've lost both my group games to Bayern Munich and Club Brugge (who are the holders blink.gif). I seem to have a lot of trouble with injuries to my strikers - at the moment I've got out Kuqi (doing quite well for me, won fans' player of the year!), Bellamy, and Vudicinic (signed from Lecce, class player). I've got to go to Athletico Madrid for a make-or-break game with a strikeforce of Paul Gallagher and Sergio Peter! The difficulty level seems better to me, it seems like you actually have to put a bit of thought into games now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.