BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Manager 06

Tchocky i buy the game once every two years, get an illagal the other seasons. I bought fm06 and theres loads of bugs compared to fm05 which i downloaded. I get something about a sensor arrays everytime i sign a coach.

As for the easyness, i mainly play from the lower leagues, and its incrdibly easy to get Started - just get a load of prem reserves on loan, no wages/ no cup ties, and sell your best two players in order to buy Lee Trundle & Neil Danns plus loads of squad players. 

380037[/snapback]

The sensor arrays are a damned pain, aye. Andy is pretty spot on about the lower leagues. I started the game with Gainsborough Trinity in Conference North, and it's now the end of the 2009/2010 season and I've just finished top of League One by about 14 points or something. It's very easy to get going if you know what you're doing. Some tips for starting from the bottom:

1. Shift the deadwood. I had some defenders on like, 200 quid a week (At that level, wayyyyyyyy too much) who had tackling of 2. These players need to be evacuated quickly (I even found one like that who was already contracted til 2009!!). If you can't find buyers- and there's a good chance you can't- then offer them to clubs at bugger all. Also, try to play them in friendlies. Those games count as first team matches and another club might notice the player.

2. Look for players on frees, and on loan, that will improve your first team and your squad. Look for players from higher leagues on loan, and more often than not you don't have to give ANY wage contribution. Loans were key to my early successes- free transfers key to my later successes. There's no question about it, as a lower league club (especially conference north) you HAVE to scout thoroughly. A lot of players' stats don't even show up initially! A good tip for the early days is going to higher league (sometimes even your own league) clubs and scouting your way through their whole reserve teams. These players are easier to get and will play at what is really below their level a lot. If you need specific names, look for Hameur Bouzza at Watford, if he falls out of favour like on mine. Within a year I had teams offering me almost 2 million for him (Which I rejected to ensure I got out of the National...and now I can't sell the git).

3. Selling players. If you want to get ridiculous amounts, you'll often find you can get nearly double what a club will usually pay if you're willing to accept the cash over the course of two months. An excellent cash cow for me especially when getting promoted is to sell off a star player who maybe can't cut it anymore, in a 24-month spread deal (For instance, I sold Terry Barwick- look him up to see how crap he is- for 1.2 million...he's now back to being valued at 8k...I immediately replaced him with 3 vastly superior players for free). If you're desperate for cash, then ask for a bit up front, but your club's financial security can be guaranteed for years with deals like this. Any defensive mid who is actually played in between the defence and midfield WILL play amazingly. These high average ratings should enable you to sell them for a lot, and quality defensive mids are surprisingly easy to get on frees I found.

4. Friendlies! Yes, friendlies are, at the lower levels, perhaps THE best source of income you can dream for. A home game against a Championship side (and once you're in the conference national I think theyll pretty much all accept friendlies) nets you 35k I think it is. You can play pretty much as many of these friendlies as you have the patience for before the season starts. The only better source of income I found in these pre-professional days was a good FA Cup run.

5. Contracts. Keeping your wage bill down below the board's crappy permitted level will probably prove impossible (though you're highly unlikely to get sacked for that fact if the club's finances are good). But a good way to help is to offer players contracts even if they're not due one, with reduced wages. They're shockingly willingly to accept crap contracts at times. If a player is a squad player only, feel free to offer them MAXIMUM goal and assist bonuses they'll never cash in on in exchange for reduced wages. Defenders and defensive midfielders in particular should be offered these...hell, even goalies. Release fee clauses will also reduce the wages they're willing to take. In the case of star players, you could offer them promotion wage rises if you're going up, as you can afford them next year much easier. And if you're not going up, who cares! Another little trick is to offer new contracts to players who have promotion wage rises if you've suddenly got a great chance of promotion.

6. Media. To improve your profile, pick a fight with big bosses (Particularly Allardyce and Ferguson!!! GRR!!). Aside from filling you personally with joy, your profile shoots up (meaning better job offers), and more to the point- your players will love it! Do this regularly and with impunity. And if say, Colin Hendry is around, praise him...and he'll praise you back. As a side note, I'm fairly sure that my constant goading of Ferguson while the pressure was on him at United got him the sack smile.gif

Follow these tips for financial stability, particularly in the lower leagues, and snag the best players you can on frees! I've shot through the leagues like this, and I don't think it's just because of my diamond formation.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same here, Souness got sacked. rolleyes.gif

396494[/snapback]

I was pretty happy when Bolton got relegated on mine. But then they got promoted again, and Blackburn got relegated. Was tempted to take over the reins at Blackburn and revive them, but that would have made my endeavours with mighty Gainsborough pointless. Oh, and in addendum to the above post, it isn't quite a diamond formation I play, since the attacking mid is a normally positioned mid who makes forward runs.

Edited by bluebruce

My Gainsborough team are going from strength to strength (Promoted to the Prem now), and I have to highly recommend a few players to you all. I'm not a hundred percent sure that two of them are there at the start of the game, but they are: Benoit Castil (Amazing young goalkeeper...only 23 at present in my game, in 2011, and looks set to become the best goalie in the game...got him at 4.6 mill), Junior (A brazilian forward...can't remember the club right now, but a fine player- better than Vucinic, who I saw somebody mention), Rodolfo Soares (Excellent Brazilian defensive midfielder) and last but not least, Marco Danili. Danili has for me been the pick of the bunch. In the first game I started him, he scored a hat trick and got a 10. He then did exactly the same in the next game. I thought it would peter out then, but in the next game he scored FOUR goals and got a 10. Then in the next game he scored ANOTHER hat trick and got a 10!! No cheating whatsoever. After that he just got 8's for a few games and scored a goal a game, then finally stopped scoring temporarily. I've never seen anything like it, and the guy is lazy apparently so I probably won't see it again. But put simply- get him. He should be at Torino. Cost me a pretty penny but worth them all. Only 22 at present in my game- finishing 20, heading about 16, jumping about 18, high dribbling, high first touch...just a damn fine young player. Was well above his level playing in the Championship.

On the subject of Costil, there are quite a few French players at the beginning of the game who develop into stars - Mascarte, Cetout, Nimani, Mangani, Digard, Van den Bruwaene, Malaury Martin, Mandanne, Benzema to name but a few!

Give them some time with top level coaches and they'll all develop into superstars.

In fact the French league in general is littered with quality players such as Emana, Toualan, Gourcuff, Mathieu, Makoun, Mavuba, Faty and Digot. Only thing they don't really develop is strikers.

I've encountered many problems playing the game over a network since downloading the new patch (and yes everyone on the network has the same updated patch and data files). I'm even considering uninstalling it and going back to the original version when I had no problems previously. I had a game against my mates team for example and on my computer we were drawing 1-1, but on his he was losing 2-0 at half time. We were both seeing different games. After, both computers displayed my scoreline in the results but this meant that all his players had complained about unfair team talks and such because he'd given them a rollocking when they'd been losing at half time (as they were on his computer) but infact it seemed the real scoreline had been 1-1. Anyone had similar problems?

• 2 weeks later...
On the subject of Costil, there are quite a few French players at the beginning of the game who develop into stars - Mascarte, Cetout, Nimani, Mangani, Digard, Van den Bruwaene, Malaury Martin, Mandanne, Benzema to name but a few!

Give them some time with top level coaches and they'll all develop into superstars.

In fact the French league in general is littered with quality players such as Emana, Toualan, Gourcuff, Mathieu, Makoun, Mavuba, Faty and Digot. Only thing they don't really develop is strikers.

398293[/snapback]

Thanks Tango, I checked those players out, though I found only one or two of them- a couple of wingers- to be worth paying any attention to. Except Makoun, of course, who I'd already spotted (good player, but on my version he's now somewhere from 28-30, would cost me about 5 mill, and I've already got about 4 or 5 players in his position that are at least as good). Faty is at United, and won European Defender of the Year or something. Despite having ATROCIOUS technical stats.

On my game, Man United are now playing at Maine Road! laugh.gif

just bought FM2006, and a 360 to play it on (faster than pc versions).

manager of derby and have made a very impressive start- 2nd in championship and hardly spent any money.

iverson and maniero, both free transfers, have been exceptional.

loving it! but couple of slight critisisms -

1. is poor sound effects. they used authentic chants on the old champ mans (on the last xbox version 02/03.

2. do the prem teams not have player photos ? the top euro clubs are on but

been unable to find prem 1's. (settings ? )

3. rovers have bought gerald sibon! ? blink.gif

2. do the prem teams not have player photos ? the top euro clubs are on but

been unable to find prem 1's. (settings ? )

Yeah I have been wondering about this also. Championship, Lg 1 and Lg 2 have them on but not the best league, the Premiership.

My biggest gripe with the game at present is my board. They're utter tosspots. I've taken Gainsborough Trinity from Conference North obscurity and no cash to 5th in the Premiership in my first season up. As the second season there began, the bank balance was at a healthy 46 million smackers, despite atrocious attendances. This was almost purely down to MY excellent player investments over the years. Great, I thought, I can finally splash the cash on world class players and make us challenge very seriously indeed for the title against the superpowers that are Chelsea and Arsenal. Except as soon as our balance hit 46 million due to the new Sky money, it went straight back down to 33 as my board inexplicably paid out 13 million to 'shareholders'. What shareholders? There hasn't been ANY shareholder investment over the years. I've had to scrimp, save and scrape my way up from the lower echelons, never receiving any real backing from the board. They always rejected stadium expansion requests despite everything I'd done, even though I knew we would need a new stadium. They never gave me funds when we had them etc. I made this fricking club! I've rejected probably close to 50 job offers (Some of them only putting me as the main candidate in the media, granted) from bigger clubs over the years. When we won the Championship, AC Milan offered me the job there (twice) and I rejected it. I'm on only 1,800 a week at Gainsborough. Most of the main players are on more.

So I figure, damn, they've wiped 13 million off a hefty budget for losers who've contributed nothing to the club. That's a shame, but I should still get at the very least 20 million as a budget, right? Wrong. 9 million. NINE MILLION! And that was pushing it to the max, minimising my wage budget. Absolute fools. Much of that money came from me selling on star players for big bucks over 2 year deals. Speaking of which, the clubs finances are guaranteed for ages to come. My wage budget is about a fifth of what I'm allowed, and I have TONS of cash filtering in constantly from deals I made. But I get given zip to invest with. Plus European competition and rising attendances (now they've finally agreed to expand the stadium...to a paltry 9k, which I can guarantee we will fill instantly and need more expansion to..we really need a 15k seater to avoid rebuilding yearly). I asked them for a bigger transfer budget. They declined. I issued an ultimatum- they sacked me.

Worst board EVER. If I were really in this situation, creating this club from nothing, making them mega rich, then getting this treatment...I'd fist fight every member of the board, and sod right off for that Milan job soaked in blood.

Worst board EVER. If I were really in this situation, creating this club from nothing, making them mega rich, then getting this treatment...I'd fist fight every member of the board, and sod right off for that Milan job soaked in blood.

403347[/snapback]

It's only a game tongue.gif

My biggest gripe with the game at present is my board. They're utter tosspots. I've taken Gainsborough Trinity from Conference North obscurity and no cash to 5th in the Premiership in my first season up. As the second season there began, the bank balance was at a healthy 46 million smackers, despite atrocious attendances. This was almost purely down to MY excellent player investments over the years. Great, I thought, I can finally splash the cash on world class players and make us challenge very seriously indeed for the title against the superpowers that are Chelsea and Arsenal. Except as soon as our balance hit 46 million due to the new Sky money, it went straight back down to 33 as my board inexplicably paid out 13 million to 'shareholders'. What shareholders? There hasn't been ANY shareholder investment over the years. I've had to scrimp, save and scrape my way up from the lower echelons, never receiving any real backing from the board. They always rejected stadium expansion requests despite everything I'd done, even though I knew we would need a new stadium. They never gave me funds when we had them etc. I made this fricking club! I've rejected probably close to 50 job offers (Some of them only putting me as the main candidate in the media, granted) from bigger clubs over the years. When we won the Championship, AC Milan offered me the job there (twice) and I rejected it. I'm on only 1,800 a week at Gainsborough. Most of the main players are on more.

So I figure, damn, they've wiped 13 million off a hefty budget for losers who've contributed nothing to the club. That's a shame, but I should still get at the very least 20 million as a budget, right? Wrong. 9 million. NINE MILLION! And that was pushing it to the max, minimising my wage budget. Absolute fools. Much of that money came from me selling on star players for big bucks over 2 year deals. Speaking of which, the clubs finances are guaranteed for ages to come. My wage budget is about a fifth of what I'm allowed, and I have TONS of cash filtering in constantly from deals I made. But I get given zip to invest with. Plus European competition and rising attendances (now they've finally agreed to expand the stadium...to a paltry 9k, which I can guarantee we will fill instantly and need more expansion to..we really need a 15k seater to avoid rebuilding yearly). I asked them for a bigger transfer budget. They declined. I issued an ultimatum- they sacked me.

403347[/snapback]

Calmed down yet?

403347[/snapback]

HAHA Thats ACE!!!

Does anyone else find the new game stupidly hard?? I had a good first season with Blackburn finished 7th, got into europe. Since then i cant buy a win, almost got relegated and sacked second season after scraping through with about 4 games left despite a better squad. Third season, after only a couple of additions such as Sinema Pongolle and a creative midfielder and an awsome damien duff on season loan (I heard its bad to keep changing the squad) I had a promising start, but again the results have just dissapeared, and now dropping like a stone, and no tactics, squad changes seem to make any difference. Almost as if its completely out of my hands and its up to the computer to decide results.

In comparison i won the Champs league with blackburn in about 5 years on the 2005 game. A huge difference in difficulty.

Edited by benhben

Does anyone have the problem of buying a player and having them disappear?

Meaning I bought Murat Yakin but whenever I go to look at him or put him into a tactic he's nowhere on my team! But if I go to the Swiss National team and select him, it says Murat Yakin-Blackburn. The weirdest thing....

no cracked version, just the regular version plus the first major patch that was released.

So I guess I'm the only one with that problem...

But I guess since Verona bought Amoruso off of me, the team had a need for an invisible player to suck a weekly wage out of me...

Nope, not calmed down. After using my meagre transfer budget to the best possible effect- bolstering my squad in the only weak spots that were left, the full backs- I found my amazing team utterly floundering the next season. In the lower half of the table, and it's November now. Yes, I've brought in a lot of (amazing) players, a lot of them promising youngsters, but that doesn't explain why I can't do squat. In the past when I've brought in tons of new players after promotion, my team has always gone straight up. It's only gonna get worse now too, as the team is unsettled due to us 'underachieving'.

I think there's just something about being in your second season in the Premiership that's tons harder. It happened when I was Blackburn, just like it seems to happen to most people on here who've been Blackburn. Good first season, European qualification, awful second season. I'm at a loss as to what I should do. I'm using the same tactics as ever, the same tactics that have yielded success. There's only one thing for it- restart the season, before my retarded board sack me despite the success I've brought them. They can stuff their 14 million quid dividends too!!

, as the team is unsettled due to us 'underachieving'.

404483[/snapback]

Do the team not realise that you have taken them from was it Conference South to the Premiership?

no cracked version, just the regular version plus the first major patch that was released.

So I guess I'm the only one with that problem...

But I guess since Verona bought Amoruso off of me, the team had a need for an invisible player to suck a weekly wage out of me...

404481[/snapback]

I had that happen before. The player wasn't injured, but when I said to show all players (I had injured hidden) they showed up again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.