BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Manager 06

Nope, not calmed down. After using my meagre transfer budget to the best possible effect- bolstering my squad in the only weak spots that were left, the full backs- I found my amazing team utterly floundering the next season. In the lower half of the table, and it's November now. Yes, I've brought in a lot of (amazing) players, a lot of them promising youngsters, but that doesn't explain why I can't do squat. In the past when I've brought in tons of new players after promotion, my team has always gone straight up. It's only gonna get worse now too, as the team is unsettled due to us 'underachieving'.

I think there's just something about being in your second season in the Premiership that's tons harder. It happened when I was Blackburn, just like it seems to happen to most people on here who've been Blackburn. Good first season, European qualification, awful second season. I'm at a loss as to what I should do. I'm using the same tactics as ever, the same tactics that have yielded success. There's only one thing for it- restart the season, before my retarded board sack me despite the success I've brought them. They can stuff their 14 million quid dividends too!!

404483[/snapback]

You may just need to accept the fact that you are rubbish tongue.gif

Put it this way, I always go as blackburn and at the start of the game spend the first season clearing out the dead and bringing in some good young players - Adu - Ben Arfa - (you can normally get these guys for a couple of quid as they are so young - TIP - These two guys are very important for me and I ALWAYS get them. If another team come in for them then I just Bid 20M and their offer gets rejected and I loose the transfer cos I cant afford it and then start again with the small offer) The first year keep the team up and thats good work. The second season when hopefully you have a bit more cash you first head straight for the out of contract guys - DONT BUY ANY RUBBISH - you normally get some good players in here (I got Anton Ferdinand and Joey Barton). The next couple of players I recommend are Antony Vanden Borre - Vincent Company - Freddy Gurin and Lehbong Mokoena - Scott Sinclair James Keane (You should get the last two guys for next too nothing) With these players you shouldnt go too far wrong.

A big tip is that I think you should get a formation that suits you and dont mess with it no matter who your up against - when ever I start to mess thats when I start to loose. Generally keep all your options on normal - not attack or defend. Only change these at the end of a game. If you are winning then stick every one defending and time waste but still counter attack. Change it the other way if you are loosing.

Dont upset other managers - doing this could harm your chances of buying one of their players in the future

Get some coaches in that have 20 rating for working with the young. Each season promote some young guys from the under 18's as they will get better - if they dont send them on their way with 1m in your back pocket. Andy Taylor and Sergio Peter will also benefit from good coaching.

Hope this helps thumbs-up.gif

Edited by Cocker

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my game Andy Taylor become a fantastic player and getting better with a few teams interested in him.

I also got Paul Gallagher back from loan at Stoke and he can't stop scoring. I have him and Vaz Te (on a free) upfront for me. Still trying to get Lebohang Mokoena as Marseille always snatch him so I may have to fork out a few million for him. I had him in 2005 and he was amazing with Madrid looking at him.

It's been that way for a few versions now. Must be a licensing issue.

403009[/snapback]

they should get it sorted!- CM 2006 probably has the license mad.gif dont get me started on the developers on CM! waste of money their games, a cheap rip- off of FM2006.

my derby game is no where to be found (on my 360 hard-drive) ohmy.gif

off to start again...

Does anyone have the problem of buying a player and having them disappear? 

Meaning I bought Murat Yakin but whenever I go to look at him or put him into a tactic he's nowhere on my team!  But if I go to the Swiss National team and select him, it says Murat Yakin-Blackburn.  The weirdest thing....

404129[/snapback]

Yep happened to me with Hakin Yakin. There seems like lots of errors, unless it's just the Yakin family tongue.gif .

Nah, bought him from Basle.

He couldnt have retired because he was still playing for Switzerland.

407791[/snapback]

Hmm you mean he was still in the game but once this happened could you attempt to sign him again?

I'm wondering what database size you run off?

You may just need to accept the fact that you are rubbish  tongue.gif

Put it this way, I always go as blackburn and at the start of the game spend the first season clearing out the dead and bringing in some good young players - Adu - Ben Arfa - (you can normally get these guys for a couple of quid as they are so young - TIP - These two guys are very important for me and I ALWAYS get them.  If another team come in for them then I just Bid 20M and their offer gets rejected and I loose the transfer cos I cant afford it and then start again with the small offer)  The first year keep the team up and thats good work.  The second season when hopefully you have a bit more cash you first head straight for the out of contract guys  - DONT BUY ANY RUBBISH - you normally get some good players in here (I got Anton Ferdinand and Joey Barton).  The next couple of players I recommend are Antony Vanden Borre - Vincent Company - Freddy Gurin and Lehbong Mokoena - Scott Sinclair James Keane (You should get the last two guys for next too nothing)  With these players you shouldnt go too far wrong.

A big tip is that I think you should get a formation that suits you and dont mess with it no matter who your up against - when ever I start to mess thats when I start to loose.  Generally keep all your options on normal - not attack or defend.  Only change these at the end of a game.  If you are winning then stick every one defending and time waste but still counter attack.  Change it the other way if you are loosing.

Dont upset other managers - doing this could harm your chances of buying one of their players in the future

Get some coaches in that have 20 rating for working with the young.  Each season promote some young guys from the under 18's as they will get better - if they dont send them on their way with 1m in your back pocket.  Andy Taylor and Sergio Peter will also benefit from good coaching.

Hope this helps  thumbs-up.gif

404735[/snapback]

Er...crap? I was in the Prem in 7 seasons, starting in Conference North with no budget. Weren't you listening? My team is stunningly good. Already know all your tips, too wink.gif

And when I played as Blackburn, I didn't have any trouble at all in keeping them up. In fact, I qualified for the Euro Cup in 5th place. Reckon it's fair to say I'm not all that bad at this game...but I've reached a season where everything has gone wrong. I mainly put it down to my star keeper's injury at the start of the season, and a bit of bad luck sparking a run of bad form which meant my players all got moody about us 'underachieving', making wins even harder to come by. Hopefully itll all go differently when I restart the season. I let the assistant manager take over for the rest of the season to see if it might be salvageable, and he only did worse, getting me the sack. Then they got in some new geezer, who did even worse and got them relegated, bottom of the league. That'd show that retard board.

Er...crap? I was in the Prem in 7 seasons, starting in Conference North with no budget. Weren't you listening? My team is stunningly good. Already know all your tips, too  wink.gif

And when I played as Blackburn, I didn't have any trouble at all in keeping them up. In fact, I qualified for the Euro Cup in 5th place. Reckon it's fair to say I'm not all that bad at this game...but I've reached a season where everything has gone wrong. I mainly put it down to my star keeper's injury at the start of the season, and a bit of bad luck sparking a run of bad form which meant my players all got moody about us 'underachieving', making wins even harder to come by. Hopefully itll all go differently when I restart the season. I let the assistant manager take over for the rest of the season to see if it might be salvageable, and he only did worse, getting me the sack. Then they got in some new geezer, who did even worse and got them relegated, bottom of the league. That'd show that retard board.

408302[/snapback]

Fair do's, I shall keep my tips to myself from now on huh.gif

Fair do's, I shall keep my tips to myself from now on  huh.gif

408342[/snapback]

I didn't mean don't divulge your tips. It's just you seemed to be directing them to me as though I was in serious need of the basics. I said a load of that stuff already in this thread. Just seemed a bit condescending the way you put it across is all, apologies if it wasn't meant to be.

On the latest update, Maurcus Berg and Ibrahim Affellay (PSV guy touted as the new clarence Seedorf) seem to do a good job at any level. I started a Spurs career-I know, cynical-and won the league 1st season blink.gif . I didn't even sign hardly any players apart from Anelka, then sold him to Chelski in Jan for 30 million and brought in Fred from Lyon for 25 mill. Anyone won the league 1st season with a similar/worse team?

My mate (who is a Spurs fan) played as Spurs and won it in the first season with them also. Very very easily at that. Without cheating I believe- though he's since gone on to cheat horrendously.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to fix the Germany national squad problem? I've done it before, but completely forgotten and I can't find the instructions again.

Also, what is the correct way to keep Harchester out of the game? Just keep the default options? I had the team and players in there last time.

Currently at Coventry got promotion from League 1 to Championship and made Play offs in Championship but beaten in Semi's, I had a strike pairing of Henry and Owen both mid 30's although Henry was division top scorer with 37 goals

Well I've recently had a great save game going with Rovers, got the Portugal job and was about to take them to the world cup 2010 when the game decides it can't load the save anymore. Gutted.

So I started a new game with Rovers and now the trusted tactics won't work anymore, strikers won't score and I keep conceeding belters from 35 yards against crap shooters. It's frustrating like hell, I don't get it and I have no idea how to fix it.

Thank you FM, for being the most annoying but addictive game ever.

I hate you.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope the new ones a bit harder to be honest. Everyone here seems to be boasting about how good they are at the game and how little time it took them to win the league. I've also found myself to be amazing at the game, being in 2011 and having won the league 4 times. I truly hope the new one is more challenging and more realistic!

My Fm 06 is not easy at all, infact quite the opposite. I am real betis who are like Englands Tottenham i suppose, with some great players but no where near good enough to challenge for the title. I am in late 2009 now, and have made progress every season, but as yet I havent won a single trophy. Finished 2nd Last season n got to 1st knock out round of the champs league where Man U beat me and went on to win it! In Spain Athletico Madrid seem to win everything, done the double like 3 seasons in a row now. Anyway think i may be in with a great shout of the title this season. My Fm is not easy, have to make progress step by step, no winning title in 1 or 2 years unless your a top team like Barca or Man Utd.

P.s. Bargain of the Century, Striker Fred, 25 years old, Brazilian Striker from Lyon, worth £31m, on a free transfer!!! Awsome.

Edited by benhben

I finished 7th my first season with Rovers, then got fired halfway through the second season - when I was in 11th!!

Now with WBA, auto-promoted from the Champ last season after taking over after 8 games in 23rd.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.