BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Manager 06

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My photo has been included in FM2007 so you may see me!

Whether this is something I should be proud about is questionable but I'll take anything

I sent mine in but when I tried to click the link to activate it gave me an error message but I then received an e-mail saying that they had received my pic? I then received an e-mail the day after the entry date closed to say that I hadnt activated my pic :huh:

So not sure if I got in or not.

Hopefully they'll fix a few things in the new game, a few things in particular really bother me. I don't like how many goals are scored from poor back passes or how you can get around a limited budget by simply putting in ridiculous bids with future fees after 50 games.

I'm currently fifth in the Premiership with Carlisle United in 2010. I think the game is a bit too easy once you get going, but very very addictive and enjoyable all the same. Steffen Iversen and Sherman Andres Cardenas are legends.

The results seem to be a bit random aswell to be honest. The same team that won at Anfield, Emirates Stadium and Old Trafford, got spanked 6-1 at home by Southampton and knocked out of the League Cup by someone like Oxford.

Once won a league one game 9-0 with Iversen scoring eight though.

Guys

I have not played Foptball Manager 2006 for a while. I have a few days to play it! Where can I download an update which includes last summer signings (Nonda, McCarthy to Blackburn etc). I used to use the dugout but this site appears not to provide this anymore.

Thanks

Guys

I have not played Foptball Manager 2006 for a while. I have a few days to play it! Where can I download an update which includes last summer signings (Nonda, McCarthy to Blackburn etc). I used to use the dugout but this site appears not to provide this anymore.

Thanks

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=...106&game=fm2006

What are you guys making of the new demo? I think the games alot better, but I really hope that some of the bugs are ironed out before the game hits the shop son the 20th. For example Kelvin Davies is worth £8 million, and Arteta is reffered to as a winger?!

The demo is class, lot's of new features make it brillaint!

It is hard, though. Im 15th with Blackburn in November :(

I won't be buying it. I couldnt see from 1 hours play any real difference. Between 06 and 07.

Then my friend you are a r****d.

The scouting has been totally overhauled.

As has player interaction.

And it looks so much better than it ever has before.

It has had more added in an update than I have ever seen.

Edited by BuckyRover

Then my friend you are a r****d.

The scouting has been totally overhauled.

As has player interaction.

And it looks so much better than it ever has before.

It has had more added in an update than I have ever seen.

F**k You.

Pot, kettle, all that...

I like it a lot better. Almost didn't buy 2006 because the differences weren't as great from 2005 (ended up getting it on sale in Germany), but will definitely get this one. I like the pre-match comments, like the tips and tricks, but some of them are only up for a second or 2, hard for even a speed reader to see.

The only time I could read those tips was during autosave.

I do like the new feeder club feature. Although I haven't looked into the game too much is it possible to set up your own feeder clubs? I noticed Chelsea had about 7 in their list :)

I also like the attributes feature where you can change it into a little diagram (like they use in PES) to round up the skills.

I was quite dissapointed with some of the Rovers' players ratings. I thought the Admiral should've had tackling and marking 18+ for a start, and of course Gamst is a little overrated again...which we shouldnt complain about I suppose! Im looking forward to slecting a larger database to play from as well, because on the basic demo that I downloaded you couldn't attract or afford anybody to realistically improve the squad. Matty Taylor was about the only decent, worthwile signing that I made whilst with rovers.

I was quite dissapointed with some of the Rovers' players ratings. I thought the Admiral should've had tackling and marking 18+ for a start, and of course Gamst is a little overrated again...which we shouldnt complain about I suppose! Im looking forward to slecting a larger database to play from as well, because on the basic demo that I downloaded you couldn't attract or afford anybody to realistically improve the squad. Matty Taylor was about the only decent, worthwile signing that I made whilst with rovers.

Thats the same with all Footman/Champman games though. The first season is all about getting what you can together and staying up. Anything more is a bonus really. (Anyone that wins something in the first year must be cheating in some way as far as I am concerned - that includes those of you that go back to your last save after loosing a game - you know who you are). The way I tend to start making money and getting better players is through getting people in on free's (out of contract) or loaning decent players in. If someone comes in and offers 1m for someone like matteo/gray then you take it. Rovers main problem is that most of our guys we love - Sav/Tuggs/Brad havent got long in the game because of their age - Oh yeah will only get one season in the game really - which maybe a bonus :P

I've relegated Milan, Juve, Lazio and Fiorentina on FM 2005 in light of their scandals. And Milan and Juve have lost their entire squads and backroom staff to free transfers. I know it's an out of date version, but Blasi of Juve is a very good RB in FM 2005, and is cheap as he never plays.

Anyone that wins something in the first year must be cheating in some way as far as I am concerned - that includes those of you that go back to your last save after loosing a game - you know who you are

How dare you Cocker... :P

Or plucking a Belarusian Hotshot (rigged player) from a league of obscurity to go on and bang in 40 league goals per season!

On a final note I wish they would take Savage off 48k a week. He's a good player on the game-but I always have to get rid of him because of his ludacris wage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.