BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Panic...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening CAPT - this "Its a BLACK BLACK day" at the bottom of your sig. What does it refer to?

MARV - I can only presume that you have far more part time supporters than we do. As eveyone knows in East Lancs burnley are a far bigger and better supported team. It's just that your lot are far more selective in the games they go to than our ours and have been for umpteen years.

As for "Spoonfed glory". You do us down, it was pretty nerve wracking winning the league I can tell you. I'd hate for you to have to go through that.

As an aside you may have read somewhere on this forum a reference to "Lancashire United". What are your thoughts on this? Personally I'd have nothing to do with it and believe it would be a non runner. But then again I'm probably just thinking small.

chelsea or Manure are not the topic of my discussion, although they are worse than what you were.

but the point was aimed at all your part timers(not saying that we dont have any) that have since deserted you since your premeirship title

Marv, if you check closely you may find that the biggest drop in support was through the last season and a half of Souness. About the same time your attendances started to wane. We actually, IMHO, did quite well in terms of keeping support through the relegation years.

If we want to bang on about attendances should we start in about some of yours waaaaay back when you were in the old First division, 11,000-13,000's were regular. Lot's showed up for the big games, but the Ipswich's etc your support was crap.

Just when did you start attending clarrot games marv? BTW you should fix your sig. I believe the song went Joe Mercer said to Bill Shankly. :D

Took a look over your Clarrotsmad, what I find is the typical response from a dingle to a rovers poster is "don't you have your own board" or terms to that effect. Bit nicer here aren't we.

Loved baby Scholes' Germany article, you lot really do hang on grimly to your past don't you.

Edited by USABlue

Marv,

I mean this in the nicest way possible...

Since winning the Premiership we've been very much up & down the league position wise, however, we've had (Albeit brief) a few trips into Europe, we've won a cup @ The Millenium Stadium and been relegated & promoted, all (Bar the relegation) very gratefully received, however, the hard core of fans (Season Ticket holders & regulars) have stuck with it despite Mr Sourness etc.

Personally, and I think if you were in any way unblinkered, would not suggest that your supporters are less flakey than ours would you, I think they are, look at the decline in your gates? And you've been doing not so bad under cotterill?

Our supporters (Spoon fed or not) aren't that pre occupied with the past, you know your's are!

Last point, look at the difference in the respective boards, our have the club's at heart and remain realistic & innovative (Although not perfect), your's on the other hand?

Onwards & upwards for us!

:rover:

The irony in this is hilarious. Don't they want to achieve Premier status some day and just how big do they think they are. Personally I think it's great that small clubs are in the fray and some of the big city teams are mixing it up in the Dingle Division.

Dingles think we are too small for prem.

To be fair, one or two think so.

Edited by USABlue

Bob Fleming...."As an aside you may have read somewhere on this forum a reference to "Lancashire United". What are your thoughts on this? "

Bob, I`m sure he`d love to see his Yorkshire side play a Lancashire Utd team. ;)

to be fair, there are some good replies on this thread from the question i posed to you all.

As for wanting to be in the premiership, every club wants it, and even though, i want to see Burnley in the premiersip, i know it will not happen whilst Kilby is chairman(not a lur on him at all) i just think that he does not share the same ambition with the fans as Wlaker did at your place.

As for the "carrotsmad" jibe. i am a regular on there and yes, you do get some idiots, but dont tar us all with the same brush, please.

I am a Burnley fan, first and foremost, but as most of you have gathered on here, i can talk football too.

maybe a bit biased, but i do talk football

Marv,

I mean this in the nicest way possible...

Since winning the Premiership we've been very much up & down the league position wise, however, we've had (Albeit brief) a few trips into Europe, we've won a cup @ The Millenium Stadium and been relegated & promoted, all (Bar the relegation) very gratefully received, however, the hard core of fans (Season Ticket holders & regulars) have stuck with it despite Mr Sourness etc.

Personally, and I think if you were in any way unblinkered, would not suggest that your supporters are less flakey than ours would you, I think they are, look at the decline in your gates? And you've been doing not so bad under cotterill?

Our supporters (Spoon fed or not) aren't that pre occupied with the past, you know your's are!

Last point, look at the difference in the respective boards, our have the club's at heart and remain realistic & innovative (Although not perfect), your's on the other hand

i agree. we look at the past(although i am not old enough to remeber us winning anything bar the playoff final and div 4 :huh: ) because we have nothing to look at in the present.

yess we are playing quite well at the moment, but , to be fair, i cannot see us gettin promoted. If cotterill takes us as far as Ternent did, then we will be closer to the prem, but until that happens, then i wont hold my breath :ph34r:

I must say Marv. that I respect any fan who sticks with his/her home town team through thick and thin much more than the glory hunters who support Man U./Arsenal/Chelsea etc, and have never been to their grounds.

Rovers too have had their downs but I have stuck with them for over 55 years.

Didn't burnleys gates drop by approx 10-15k over a 10yr period from the mid 70's to mid 80's?

I think you'll find any debate on supporters loyalty will be well and truly won if you raise that point.

They have a fixation on attendances that stands up well against the Stockport’s and Burys of this world but once you point out a few conveniently forgotten facts they run for the history books and its spin spin spin.

Muppets.

muppets indeed, but i have been watching burnley for 17 years now. and although i am only 21 nd do not remember much of it, i will follow them through everything.

i think gav needs to get a grip, personally :P

Poor buggar, then you only know the recent dismal Burnley history :D and have to rely on the overly embellished stories of the "elders" regarding your World Famous support and footballing history. Brings a tear to my eye you poor poor boy.

Power to you for sticking with your team (as misguided as you are) I can relate. When I followed Rovers we were 2nd and 3rd Div. They really only did well years after I left to come here, though they flirted with the big time on a couple of occasions.

Are the two events related perchance ? For Rovers' sake, please stay in the US !

That coupled with the fact the dingles demise was in my trans Altlantic years assures that I will not return. Stanley regaining League status is another one. For the sake of local football I will stay where I am.

• 2 weeks later...

Jonas, dont be a knob. thought we had sorted everything out, then you come on here and abuse me.

Im not a blackburn lad, im burnley through and through, i just live here. work in burnley too now, so that has ###### on your chips hasn't it?

i might see you at plymouth at weekend, but then again, i very much doubt you would go that far to watch Burnley.

did you enjoy watching us on the TV against norwich? i enjoyed watching it from Carrow Road :P

Jonas, dont be a knob. thought we had sorted everything out, then you come on here and abuse me.

Oy you dingle numpty, take your lovers tiff and bad language and feck off on to your own site :ph34r:

Jesus Christ I don't want to read these two inbreds having a tiff when I’ve been in that slum all day putting up with their fellow reprobates doing just same.

**** *** :angry:

I should be in Poland....... :ph34r:

Oy you dingle numpty, take your lovers tiff and bad language and feck off on to your own site :ph34r:

Jesus Christ I don't want to read these two inbreds having a tiff when I’ve been in that slum all day putting up with their fellow reprobates doing just same.

**** *** :angry:

I should be in Poland....... :ph34r:

You tell 'em pal! :tu:

Cheers for you comments Marv(however hollow they may be!) ;)

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.