• Home 1 - Away 2
    • Home 1 - Away 3
    • Home 2 - Away 1
    • Home 2 - Away 2
    • Home 2 - Away 3
    • Home 3 - Away 1
    • Home 3 - Away 2
    • Home 3 - Away 3
    • Did Grooby design these, they are all crap.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home 3 Away 3 definitely...

Home 3 only one with PROPER BLUE AND WHITE HALVES

Away 3 RED always our away colour in the 70's and 80's and a colour more associated with the club, red rose, Lancashire and hints of red often on home kits

I like the look of that one. However, I'm intrigued to find out what colour the 'Lonsdale' logo will be in the middle if that away kit is chosen. I'd choose grey myelf to go with the side panels, but I've a feeling they would use blue of blacmk which would spoil it. I can definitely imagine Savage and Bellamy in that anyway.

I've gone for home kit 3 and away kit 3.

378467[/snapback]

3rd home away kit 3 or 2 or 1

don't mess with the halves

Sorry to disappoint you Tchocky but most supporters don't hate or dislike certain clubs because of the colour of shirts they wear. For example, I don't particularly dislike West Ham, Aston Villa or Northampton Town - but IhateBurnley.

378479[/snapback]

Fool! Do you think I hate clubs because of the colour of shirt they have? I can think of a 1000 reasons why I hate manure but the red shirt is not one of them. I think you should read my post again...

2+3 for me.

It's pretty clear that most fans prefer the 3rd away shirt.

378581[/snapback]

You'd think that from comments here, but then hundreds of actual text votes would suggest otherwise.

You'd think that from comments here, but then hundreds of actual text votes would suggest otherwise.

378609[/snapback]

It's not an easy decision on the away shirt. I like the look of 2, but the badge is just in the wrong place and we are due a red away shirt.

Home shirt 2 for me, texted in my vote for HS2 and AS3. But 2 would look good with the badges in the proper place.

378609[/snapback]

I have to say that - whilst this is a welcome initiative to involve the fans in making this choice - it appears to be a half baked compromise.

There is plenty of history of fans votes - the Bell End stand at COMS being the most recent high profile example - but I think the whole thing started with a vote on a Southampton away shirt about 7 years ago. It got loads of publicity via Sky (Soccer am) and Pompey fans were too slow to cause a hijack.

I'm not suggesting that any one group will hijack this vote (there's not a lot to hijcak to be fair), but I am suggesting it's a complete waste of time and resource. Especially with the sceptical Rovers public.

My personal favourite is 3 (home and away) but I'm not paying to vote because it's b*llocks. And if the few hundred idiots who do pay to vote choose the wrong shirt, I (and several thousand others) will just say tough, we preferred a different option, and won't buy the shirt.

Whatever happens, I think the club should be totally honest about it. We are struggling to maintain 12,000 ST holders. If this vote only pulls in 6,000 votes then it hasn't worked. Given the published timescales they must be pitching everything on getting a response from the Man U home game.

Once the voting deadline passes, the club should (under BRISA duress if needed) publish the figures.

378609[/snapback]

Wasnt Robbie Williams voted best artist of the Millenium ?

dont ITV have at least one program a week where f***wits can text in a vote for which Soapstar is less @#/? than the rest at Ice Dancing. ?

Whatever you get via text does not mean its the best, but like all text votes, it just fits the in with the 15 year old girls who will vote 160 times because they just love the silver thing. Or because its on Carrots Mad and they think its funny to vote for the worst looking one of the lot, much like many messageboards encouraged people to vote for Man City to name a stand the Bell End ffs.

Home 2 and Away 3 for me.

The Badge in the middle remind me of the dark days of our relegation season, so I don't think the Home 1 is a good choice. I don't mind Home 3, but I prefer Home 2.

I should say none of the 3 away kits looks great. Personnally think our ideal away kit should be a red/black stripe shirt or a red shirt with black sleeves on it , and the short should be black (just like our previous away kit). I don't like the yellow and the gray(or silver?)/blue away kit at all (for the colour and the middle badge), so I choose away 3 because it's relatively close to my ideal one.

I suppose the club can do whatever with the away shirt but at home we play in blue and white halves. tinykit.gif These should be straight forward halves, simple, I could design that. Please, please do not play around with one of the most famous and distinctive shirts in the country.

Of those on offer it would have to be 3 + 3 the rest are just too awful to contemplate.

tinykit.gif

personally 3 for both home & away for me. that gold away kit is intruiging and might look miles better in real life than in the simulated colours on screen, but then again the arse had a gold kit a few years ago and it looked awful.

what annoys me is actually having to pay (granted its only the best part of 35p) to have my voice heard by rovers is ridiculous. why not just have a poll on the official website like on here? each regsitered user gets one vote it's easy enough to do isnt it?

I'm at a loss to figure out why everyone loves Away shirt 3 on here.  My instant first reaction was that it just looked far too claret for my liking.  Is there something I'm missing here or is my monitor playing tricks on me?

378656[/snapback]

It looks red to me!!! Must be your monitor.

It looks red to me!!!  Must be your monitor.

378658[/snapback]

I guess it must be, I mean what is the middle away shirt all about? It looks like a dull mucky grey. Who would ever want that? I'm hoping that whatever is picked, they translate to material better than they look on screen.

Edited by Biddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.