• Home 1 - Away 2
    • Home 1 - Away 3
    • Home 2 - Away 1
    • Home 2 - Away 2
    • Home 2 - Away 3
    • Home 3 - Away 1
    • Home 3 - Away 2
    • Home 3 - Away 3
    • Did Grooby design these, they are all crap.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it must be, I mean what is the middle away shirt all about?  It looks like a dull mucky grey.  Who would ever want that?  I'm hoping that whatever is picked, they translate to material better than they look on screen.

378661[/snapback]

The picture on the website calls it gold!!!!!

I should say when I first saw the red away kit I felt it was the ugly claret too, wish it is pure red.

Though the yellow one isn't good looking, but I think it won't be bad to be used as a 3rd kit.

I recommend that we leave the grey away kit to Manchester Utd, they would like it very much. laugh.gif

I cant vote for any shirt that puts the badge in the MIDDLE.  The Rovers badge should always be "over the heart".    (EDIT - seen the disclaimer)

I've seen the shirts at a fans forum,

Having it as a text vote means that it will be predominantly voted on by 15 year old girls though, so expect the worst. wink.gif

378445[/snapback]

Agree Steb

Any idea on the colour of shorts with this - same red?

Well there ya go then - thats my question answered - 1960's style ' tight square swimming' style for the ladieeez and maybe the 'men' of that nature.

3 v 3 for me as well

Its got to be 3 and 3.

I don't want the rovers badge to be in the middle, its got to be over the heart and i also like the simple blue and white halves with no red lines on.

Edited by etrovers

Hey Lee - No wonder your damn voting results are screwed up. When I move my arrow over shirt 1 the little white box appears with "Home shirt 2" in it. Move it over 2 & it says "Home shirt 1". At least you have 3 in the right place. No wonder you got hired down at Ewood, you fit right in.

laugh.gifrolleyes.giftongue.gif

For those wondering, the other 3 are listed by color.

Just another fun day dealing with the non-football operations at Rovers.

2nd. home & by process of elimination: 3rd. away as the least disagreable option.

As someone else has stated, we should use the red/black away kit from '95 every year! I know we had it go at it last term, but it wasn't the same.

Bring back take shade of red & never put the badge over the heart. Lastly, I agree the halves always look best with a flash of red-- that's why the piping on the last Euro kit was so stunning. C'mon Rovers bring it back & move the badge over the heart. (That's a universal sentiment, isn't it?)

Despite the numerous complaints heard here, i'm impressed that the club seems to be moving to a more fan friendly or more inclusive policy.. perhaps they've not got it totally right, but there's a effort being made & for that: Kudos. tinykit.gif

I have seen mock ups of all the shirts at the Fans Forum and theat grey one looks horribly like a Man City shirt.

I have to say that - whilst this is a welcome initiative to involve the fans in making this choice - it appears to be a half baked compromise.

There is plenty of history of fans votes - the Bell End stand at COMS being the most recent high profile example - but I think the whole thing started with a vote on a Southampton away shirt about 7 years ago.  It got loads of publicity via Sky (Soccer am) and Pompey fans were too slow to cause a hijack.

I'm not suggesting that any one group will hijack this vote (there's not a lot to hijcak to be fair), but I am suggesting it's a complete waste of time and resource.  Especially with the sceptical Rovers public.

My personal favourite is 3 (home and away) but I'm not paying to vote because it's b*llocks.  And if the few hundred idiots who do pay to vote choose the wrong shirt, I (and several thousand others) will just say tough, we preferred a different option, and won't buy the shirt.

Whatever happens, I think the club should be totally honest about it.  We are struggling to maintain 12,000 ST holders.  If this vote only pulls in 6,000 votes then it hasn't worked.  Given the published timescales they must be pitching everything on getting a response from the Man U home game.

Once the voting deadline passes, the club should (under BRISA duress if needed) publish the figures.

378619[/snapback]

I don't think there is any risk of the vote being 'hijacked', no one cares enough to spend money in the hope Rovers have to wear a rubbish looking shirt!

But on the financial note, it is interesting the club has chosen this method. I presume it will generate some income, but I guess it will be very little (maybe enough to cover Lee's costs when reproducing the designs online! - nice work).

Overall I think this is a good idea, but I am sceptical about the comment: "A decision will be made in a fortnight's time as to the winning design". If the fans were voting for the shirts surely there is no decision to make - most votes wins. I can see why the club want to retain the overall say, but then what is the point in having a vote. The club can gauge supporters' opinions through a variety of groups now.

Now seen them- it says the badges could be moved so don't vote on that basis.

My reservation about home 1 and 2 are those blue side panels. When the players are in motion, they will look like they are wearing chunky blue and white stripes a la West Brom.

Hey Lee - No wonder your damn voting results are screwed up.  When I move my arrow over shirt 1 the little white box appears with "Home shirt 2" in it.  Move it over 2 & it says "Home shirt 1".  At least you have 3 in the right place.  No wonder you got hired down at Ewood, you fit right in.

laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif

For those wondering, the other 3 are listed by color.

Just another fun day dealing with the non-football operations at Rovers.

378755[/snapback]

Back from breakfast and I see the appropriate changes have been made. Good job Grooby.

thumbs-up.gif

I can't get home 3. I'll vote for that one if it has genuine halves, not the "extra" opposites 1 and 2 have on the sides, they will look like Sheffield Wednesday. I do like the red bit on 2 though.

Away has to be 1. Red is a home kit; not ours either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.