SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom 2-0 rovers. Match review

colin

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest does anyone take their young 'uns to away games and how have they found it. It's his first game and I want to make it as enjoyable experience for him as possible. I'm toying with the idea of getting tickets in the family enclosure in the home end... just thought it might be a better environment for a 9 year old.

380282[/snapback]

To be honest an away game might be a better intro than Ewood at the moment. Better atmosphere, singing etc. Don't go in the home areas. There is nothing more miserable than not being able to support your team and sitting on your hands.

Make sure you buy him a programme, scarf etc on the walk to the ground.

Great preview Colin, top marks to you and Adrian Chiles.

With the contact of CHILES surely he could give recommendations for his other footy mates to do previews for their teams eg Lee Dixon - Aresenal. Hansen - Liverpool. Lawro - preston.

380538[/snapback]

Yeah because we all know how well Lawrensen does football previews!

Besides, when exactly do you plan for us to play Nob End? No nay never I tell ya!

Our last eight Premiership games have yielded (most recent on the left): WWDWWWLW

or: 19 points out of 24!!

When was the last time that happend for Rovers? Bloody hell...

As for Saturday I am greatly looking forward to it.

Team I would like to see:

Pongo      Bentley

Pedersen      Reid        Savage      Emerton    

Gray         Nelsen      Todd       Niell

Friedel

Subs:  Enks, Zurab, Axe, Tugay, Kuqi

In actuality I think Hughes will prefer Kuqi to start, but hey.

It is vital that the lads remember that while Saturday was a fine performance Utd (particularly Rio) did us quite a few favours. If WBA organise themselves it will be difficult.

2-0 Rovers (Reid, Savage)

ps. I forgot to add, if anyone hasn't noticed, we are 4 points off fourth place with a game in hand... not saying anything mind, just stating the facts.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Sparky is going to have some delicious selection problems for this game.

Even if Bellamy is fit, Hughes has the luxury of introducing him from the bench. I'd go with the same line-up as started the second half except Pongolle for Kuqi although if Kisha deserved dropping, so does Todd for RvN's goals last night.

I doubt Bellers will be fit for Saturday, definitely not fit for a start.

I think the two major decisions for Saturday are: Kuqi or Sinama....Tugay or Emerton.

Im thinking Emerton will start with possibly Kuqi continuing although I think the lad needs a break and he seems more influential when he comes on.

I also never knew how much Id miss Dickov. He has won me over this season. He is a good striker at Premiership level for smaller teams and he torments the opposition and we cant ask more, when we dont have the money to buy a Ronaldo or Shevchenko.

really hope we continue this form, i think we are the number 1 form team in the league right now? a few points off champs league with a game in hand, it's loking good!!!

im sure hughsey will see who's tired and how fit bellamy/pongolle is.

could go with maybe

friedel

neil todd nelson gray

reid savage tugay pedersen

bentley kuqi

subs: enks, zurab, emerton, pongolle, bellamy

3 points against w.b.a. will be a huge step, take on the wave and ride it home rover.gif

Whats the latest official news on Bellamy?

381018[/snapback]

Don't know, although what also alarmed me last night was the commentator's comment on match of the day. He said that there was a question mark over Pongolle's fitness and seemed to suggest that he wouldn't have played against MU even if he had been registered in time.

Anybody heard if he's carrying an injury?

Pongolle Bentley

Pedersen Reid Tugay Emerton

Zurab Nelsen Todd Neill

Friedel

Subs: Enks, Grey, Axe, Savage, Kuqi

Grey hasn't been quite up to it recently...has Zurab ever played right back? (or how about Gresko?)

0-3!!

0-1 Bentley

0-2 Pedersen

0-3 Kuqi (comes in 70min)

Pongolle      Bentley

Pedersen      Reid        Tugay      Emerton   

Zurab        Nelsen      Todd      Neill

Friedel

Subs:  Enks, Grey, Axe, Savage, Kuqi

Grey hasn't been quite up to it recently...has Zurab ever played right back? (or how about Gresko?)

0-3!!

0-1 Bentley

0-2 Pedersen

0-3 Kuqi (comes in 70min)

381170[/snapback]

the only way savage would be dropped is if he was injured.

i thought he was immense against manky, his energy destroyed rio!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.