BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Foul All The Time - Ferguson

You know what guys, i hope Fergie stays on and on and on and on and on. Sparky would probably be one of their main targets and i do not want to lose him to Manure, well not at least for a good 5years anyway.

I have not felt this positive about Rovers in many, many years. After enduring years of constant raggings for supporting Rovers (mainly when i was in high school) i've held my head high and now Sparky is filling me and i beleive all of us Rovers fans with confidence for the future, he is the man to lead this club forwards.

That was probably a bit off topic but i couldn't resist typing it,lol.

Back to last night though, SAF is off his f'in rocker, does he really believe that just because its Manchester United, they cannot have a penalty given against them. Phil Dowd did an excellent job last night, he called things as he saw it. I just wish other referees would take a leaf out of Dowd's book and stop being intimidated by the bigger clubs.

In my opinion, Ferguson is bang out of order and if Sparky or anyone at Rovers has said anything like that, they would be hauled in front of the F.A. without even giving it a second thought.

SAF=W****r

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson has astonishing views on penalty decisions considering his stature in the game.

I remember he claimed a couple of years ago that it couldn't be a penalty because the player was going away from goal !! So what ?

And now he stated that it was a soft penalty becuase the ball was going towards the keeper !!

So now we know, if the ball is going to the keeper an outfield player is ok to pick the ball up and give it to the keeper - according to Sir Alex

Phil Dowd did an excellent job last night, he called things as he saw it. I just wish other referees would take a leaf out of Dowd's book and stop being intimidated by the bigger clubs.

381345[/snapback]

The linesman gave that penalty ihd! dowd was in complete denial until that flag was held across the linesmans chest. If that linesman had been at the other end I've a feeling that their 1st goal would have been disallowed too. Dowd set the tone for his 75 min performance by giving that ludicrous free kick for Ronaldo's comic capers.

Dowd wound me up by continually giving fouls against us for aireal challenges by our strikers. One thing that I did find it odd that his intransigence towards us appeared to soften for the last 15 mins. Anybody care to speculate why that was?

You know what guys, i hope Fergie stays on and on and on and on and on. Sparky would probably be one of their main targets and i do not want to lose him to Manure, well not at least for a good 5years anyway.

I have not felt this positive about Rovers in many, many years. After enduring years of constant raggings for supporting Rovers (mainly when i was in high school) i've held my head high and now Sparky is filling me and i beleive all of us Rovers fans with confidence for the future, he is the man to lead this club forwards.

381345[/snapback]

Personally I would like Ferguson to go now as then we wouldn't lose Hughes as he woul be considered too inexperienced. If they wait a year or even just till the summer that could rapidly change.

As for the Ref I thought he had an average sort of game and we were fortunate to a certain extemt in a couple of few decsions. Rio's first booking was a little soft and there could have been a penalty (albeit very harsh) against Niell. However, certainly Utd's first goal shouldn't of stood.

Rio's first booking was a little soft

381382[/snapback]

You're having a laugh right? A booking was the least he deserved for it. He thrust his knee into Pedersens leg whilst he was getting up - it wasn't accidental, it was malicious and completely unnecessary. I would say it was on a par with Todd's indiscretion against Spurs earlier in the seaon for which he served a 3-match ban (if memory serves me right)

Dowd, imo, actually bottled out of making a tough decision by just booking Rio when he should have been sent off straight away. We just got lucky in that Rio was stupid enough to commit another horrendous challenge just minutes later leaving the ref with no option - although had Savage's injury been any worse it would have a tough price to pay for Phil Dowd's cowardice.

Dowd, imo, actually bottled out of making a tough decision by just booking Rio when he should have been sent off straight away. We just got lucky in that Rio was stupid enough to commit another horrendous challenge just minutes later leaving the ref with no option - although had Savage's injury been any worse it would have a tough price to pay for Phil Dowd's cowardice.

381407[/snapback]

If you think Rio deserved a red for nudging Pedersen your completely insane. Just reverse the players in your head and think about it. If Ped has done that and got sent off you would of gone absolutely mental.

The yellow was soft, if it had been earlier in the game the hair platted ponce would never of got it, it would of been dismissed as a bit of 'afters'.

The second foul was definately a yellow and if he had caught Sav more squarely it would of been a straight red.

The lack of the offside decision last night aside, which is the linesman's responsiblity, we were fairly treated by the officials.

We have to get over this persecution complex, it is ridiculous.

Never heard such rubbish in my life, from the right honarable to$$er 'Sir' Alex. Completely different world to everyone else lord only knows what match he was watching. We had 4 more fouls, as many cards and were just as niggly as anything the Mancs did. I cant believe the sour grapes coming out of OT, just pathetic, from a pathetic club quite fankly.

Its no wonder that the majority of Rovers fans only reserve more hatred and bile for Burnley in comparison to United. They run the dingles a very close second!

There was also their first free kick, jbn, given for Ronaldo tripping himself up as tv replays clearly show and as everyone at the match except the ref knew. Given the number of times he fell over, I suspect a fair few of them were along the same vein mad.gif

Still, didn't do him much good, did it? biggrin.gif

If you think Rio deserved a red for nudging Pedersen your completely insane. Just reverse the players in your head and think about it. If Ped has done that and got sent off you would of gone absolutely mental.

The yellow was soft, if it had been earlier in the game the hair platted ponce would never of got it, it would of been dismissed as a bit of 'afters'.

The second foul was definately a yellow and if he had caught Sav more squarely it would of been a straight red.

The lack of the offside decision last night aside, which is the linesman's responsiblity, we were fairly treated by the officials.

We have to get over this persecution complex, it is ridiculous.

381411[/snapback]

It's not a persecution complex - I don't think that refs are out to get us. I do think that often they favour the 'bigger' clubs, but then most people are of the same view. (Heard a number of ex-players express the same view whilst working as media pundits)

The point I was making is that Rio could quite easily have been sent off - it was retaliation which is supposed to be a straight red. I used Todds head pushing with Reid against Spurs to illustrate my point but I could quite easily have used many other examples - Rooney's slap of the Bolton player last year, or Villa's Lee Hendrie against City last year when he moved his head toward Danny Mills but didn't make any contact.

The red wasn't overturned - why? Because it was deemed as retaliation which is a straight red offence no matter how serious the contact (or lack of it)

Edited by DaveyB

We should all be aware of the mad jock disease that affects Sir Alex, but hes cleverly put the pressure back onto us using the media by ill informing the football world that we are still a dirty team.

The media focus will easily be about our disciplinary record and not he quality of football Rovers play.

Good to hear John Williams dictating to the owners of ManU who Fergies successor might be, will they like that, or is it a double ploy by JW were they wont be seen to be dictated to and thus look elsewhere.

Whatever, i thought JW's speech was from a position of power, of a man in control, so long may it continue.

Just makes me smile - with each word he is doing a Cloughie. A once great manager that has stayed on just too long.

I wonder how the football world will see his latest ramblings. Seems that every time we beat a "big" club it is our overly physical approach that is to blame. Funny they had a player sent off - no mention of Smith's assualts in the previous two matches between the clubs. He is just a joke - pressure must really be on

sod condescending, what about hypocritical

381560[/snapback]

Quite.

"'But he's got to look at himself a bit, he's out contesting every decision - every decision that goes against his team. "

user posted image

Just look at that picture! There's Fergie clearly NOT contesting a decision. Hughesy is about to give him a good slap.

Well, we must be doing something right if all Fergie can talk about in the build up to a game for Manchester United is Blackburn Rovers. The man's rattled.

The disappointing aspect about Ferguson's reaction was that it did us no favours-I figured that most neutrals would say " Dirty Rovers won it ". Whereas it was a great match to have won and could lead to getting bigger crowds at Ewood.

On reflection, it was the only way Ferguson could go.We scored 4. We should have scored 6. Yes 6. Against Manchester United. Which must mean they have major problems. In my opinion they have good attackers. Where they are weak is in centre midfield which in turn not only weakens their attacking possibilities, but also does nothing to protect the defence.And yet it is an area Ferguson has not strengthened. He has bought 2 new defenders. Both were a disaster against us. The left back looked good in the first half against Reid but woeful in the second half against Emerton.The centre back looked poor and not even Neville could protect him.So Fergson could not come out and say, "I have made some more bad buys and this was a big contribution to our defeat". He has to find out some other way of explaining the loss. After all he will have to go back to the Glazers for more money for even more buys.

That is a very good set of points 92er.

Watching the first 30 minutes, was I alone in thinking that the Mancs were extremely reliant on physical strength against us and that when referees rumble that apart from Cristina, Donkey and Shrek (the last two do their own muscling as well), their game plan will fall apart.

I am more certain that RFW's double rant against Mark Hughes is aimed at directing attention away from the extreme physical nature of their approach.

As we saw at OT, the heavy shoulder lead body slam into the centre of the opponent's back is a key part of the Manc game- they got away with it twice (RvN on Savage followed up by kicking his head and an attack on Tugay to set up their winner).

RFW must be very worried that when the Mancs are reffed by the same standards the rest of the Prem are, his sides are going to get over-run.

The Sun repeats Ferguson's bile.

A slightly more balanced Independent report but Ferguson's rant has succeeded in shifting the media's perception of us back to a thuggish one. Ferguson is a nasty manipulative piece of excrement.

Edited by philipl

A few years ago, these sort of quotes would've wound me right up.

But now it's so laughable, that, as long as Hughes stands up to him, I really don't care. Hughes' words were measured and spot-on, and I think Ferguson has been shown up as a man who's steadily losing his grip (and has been for a number of years).

He simply is the worst loser in football. Loser being teh operative word, since his club is in a right pickle.

Just seen another interview on the MUTV indoctrination channel (we get it free in Bangkok on cable - honestly!). Unbelievable blinkered RFW - can't understand losing a game they dominated from start to finish! I worry for the old beggars sanity!

To lighten it up

http://www.humorsphere.com/football/manche...nited_jokes.htm

biggrin.gif

And ManU fans call Arsene a Whinger......

RFW's whining is not very surprising, however whats deplorable is that the media is picking up his words and regurgitating the same old "Bully Boys" rubbish.

according to Ferguson, only failed to retrieve a 4-1 deficit because "Blackburn just cleared the ball into the corners and we lost a lot of energy having to go back and rebuild all the time"

Yea, and we all know Man U didnt waste any time after leading Chelsea 1-0 at OT......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.