BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Foul All The Time - Ferguson

Q: What do Manchester fans use as birth control?

A: Their personalities.

Made me laugh anyway. huh.gif

Not sure what to say about RFW's comments, looks like an easy way to take pressure off himself and his players. Who cares though, we've got three points, and hopefully our disciplinary record has improved (?) sufficient to get the media off our backs.

We do make a lot of freekicks though, and we're probably in the top 5 for team cards? Either way, if we play like we've done the last month or so, we will get good media coverage! Bentley's third goal for instance, great linkup play - three touches from Gray's deep position to ball-in-net.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What interested me in reading the Independent article was that there was not only attack on us-which had been widely covered- but there was also an attack on Chelsea, who are not as big a club as Manchester United.

Although Ferguson has made a lot of bad buys and has been made tactical errors at times, I do think the attacking principles he has followed have been good.

I just think it is a shame he can't be more magnanimous.

There's an interesting table on the back of the guardian sports pages today. It's the number of fouls/booking for each team i.e. how many fouls they get to commit before someone gets booked. If Fergie's correct then we should be at the top and Utd at the bottom. As it is, Birmingham are the luckiest side with 12.5 fouls/booking and Bolton the unluckiest with 7. We are near the foot with 7.6 whereas Utd players are on 8.3. Obviously not that simple but worth throwing back at the next Utd fan who spouts off

I'm amazed that Ferguson has not been charged with bringing the game into disrepute for his comments about the way a fellow manager's (Mark Hughes') teams play. In legal terms the comments were nothing short of being slanderous against Hughes.

The facts of course did not bear out the ridiculous old buffoon's argument. We were the ones who had a man stretchered off after a late high challenge. The yellow card count was 2-3 with one of our players harshly booked for charging down a free kick. The foul count was 20-25. Nothing to choose between the teams in that respect.

Then again I'm not really surprised at all. It's Manchester United. Had it been Hughes /Allardyce/Jewell making similar accusations againt Ferguson/Wenger/Mourinho their feet wouldn't have touched the floor.

according to Ferguson, only failed to retrieve a 4-1 deficit because "Blackburn just cleared the ball into the corners and we lost a lot of energy having to go back and rebuild all the time"

381755[/snapback]

That's so funny.

''The only reason we didn't pull it back is because Blackburn used tactics which meant we couldn't.''

Well I never, why would anybody ever do that?

Ferguson is a sad, deluded bitter drunk who has lost the plot.

He is like an ancient King who believes that he has a divine right to crush his enemies using any means possible, who then complains about the tactics in which a much smaller civilisation uses to defend itself. He would be saying 'how dare they use cavalry against me, it isn't fair' as his elite archers are chopped to bits in battle. He knows he is on his way out, and that Mourinho has him by the cobblers, and he hates it. He is so bitter about being 2nd, 3rd or 4th best, and like a spoilt child he stamps his feet and lashes out.

He won't have won many fans at the temple of avarice by being so critical of a former favourite, and some say successor.

Hughes has been very calm and dignified, as he always seems to be, and Ferguson has made himself look like a right turd. He should stick to trying to extorting money from race horse owners.

Well, we must be doing something right if all Fergie can talk about in the build up to a game for Manchester United is Blackburn Rovers. The man's rattled.

381567[/snapback]

In a nut shell.

Now lock this thread so we can spend more topic time gloating over a superb performance and victory over the scum !!

He is like an ancient King who believes that he has a divine right to crush his enemies using any means possible, who then complains about the tactics in which a much smaller civilisation uses to defend itself. He would be saying 'how dare they use cavalry against me, it isn't fair' as his elite archers are chopped to bits in battle.

382257[/snapback]

What a colourful simile... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

We haven't given him his sobriquet "Rat-Faced Whinger" (RFW) for nothing.

The man is nothing but a bad loser who gripes and clutches at anything to excuse a defeat. This goes back years: to the colour of the shirts when they lost at Southampton; rugby was played two weeks previously at the Theatre Of Merchandising; the ref was wrong; the linesman was wrong; the Anfield crowd frighten the ref (if only it happened at Ewood) blah blah blah blah. On and on he goes with his pathetic excuses. The man is becoming a parody of himself.

My big grumble is that far too many managers are following suite. Allerdyce is currently running RFW a close second with his non-stop moaning about fouls.

On and on he goes with his pathetic excuses. The man is becoming a parody of himself.

My big grumble is that far too many managers are following suite. Allerdyce is currently running RFW a close second with his non-stop moaning about fouls.

382345[/snapback]

How about a 'spitting image' series solely dedicated to Prem footy!? smile.gif That would sort out the 'rat faced whingers' in every team from the 'proper men'.

The man is nothing but a bad loser who gripes and clutches at anything to excuse a defeat. This goes back years: to the colour of the shirts when they lost at Southampton; rugby was played two weeks previously at the Theatre Of Merchandising; the ref was wrong; the linesman was wrong; the Anfield crowd frighten the ref (if only it happened at Ewood) blah blah blah blah. On and on he goes with his pathetic excuses. The man is becoming a parody of himself.

382345[/snapback]

I agree. I remember a time when Wenger was a pleasant, eloquent gentleman, a breath of fresh air, and not the paranoid, blind nobwit he is now. I did like Mourinho to start with, as his cockiness was quite pantomime, and entertaining, but now he's getting too big headed.

I just hope the job doesn't turn Hughes into a moaning fool, as he seems a decent chap when interviewed.

Interesting piece here about cheating after the Robben/Reina incident at the weekend.

Ah, thought I, they surely can't drag up anything to do with Rovers on this one...... but lo:

Daily Mail Sport 9/02/06:

It is not a problem that remains exclusive to foreigners.

Mark Hughes, once the hardman of the Manchester United attack and now Blackburn manager, was apparently lifted off his feet and thrown backwards during a Cup-winners' Cup tie against Montpellier when Pascal Baills had, in fact, made no contact with his head.

blink.gif

Edited by roversmum

superb football smile.gif  happy days rover.gif

perhaps ferguson would also like to mention that for a manager of his experience against the raw talent of hughes that the overall stats show between the 2 sides this year:

played 4

blackburn wins 2

manky utd wins 1

draws 1

blackburn goals 8

manks 7

382797[/snapback]

Selective memory, me thinks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.