BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lawrensen On Motd

Is Mark Lawrensen a closet Rover I wonder?

The NobEnder sat on his fat lazy arse last night on Match Of The Day on BBC as usual, alongside Alan 'Captain Scarlet' Hansen and Gary 'Ears' Lineker. I was ready for him to spout his usual @#/? about how Rovers were lucky, United had injury problems, the ref was on our side etc etc.

To my, and surely everybody elses, amazement he went on a roll with complement after complement after complement for us. He said something along the lines of "Rovers are a classy outfit nowadays - strong upfront, a committed/pacy/adventurous midfield, a solid defence and a fabulous goalkeeper.

Now I'm not saying that I don't agree with the guy.....it just felt so wrong. It felt like he was trying to say sorry for all those years of ignorance, neglection and then hatred. He well and truly came out of his closet.

He's still a tosser though. Bugger off you Preston w*nker!

rover.giftinykit.gifrover.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also said that we did it without David bellamy up front. Which of course was a mistake as he meant Craig Bellamy. Everyone in the studio laughed. Lineker then did a hilarious David Bellamy impression for a couple of seconds.

Those guys kill me, they really do.

I noticed that too, funny it coincides with us beating manure and other media sources beginning to say a few complimentary things. Didn't have much to say when we doing alright earlier on in the season.

Ever one to jump on a bandwagon when he spots it.

When i saw this thread, i thought Lawro had finally joined the Village People, how dissapointing, cause he is a w****r just like them.

But it is nice to hear some positive things come out of the Beeb about us for once. How many years has it been since we have heard them not slag us off.

Edited by ihatethedingles

Amyl Nitrate....apparently.

381230[/snapback]

Nah, Nitrate makes you speak rubbish, but very fast. I reckon it's good old- fashioned Moroccan Gold.

The BBC hand it out in the canteen in the flapjack.

"Cup of tea Mr Lawrensen?"

"Yes please."

"Your usual two slices of flapjack?"

"No thanks, I've a l r e a dy h a d o n e a n d I ' v e g o t t o r e maine f o c u s e d.

Two hours later:

Gary Lineker: "So Mark, what did you think about the match?"

Mark: " Wow, look at those lights, has anyone got any more chocolate?"

Edited by colin

Is Mark Lawrensen a closet Rover I wonder?

The NobEnder sat on his fat lazy arse last night on Match Of The Day on BBC as usual, alongside Alan 'Captain Scarlet' Hansen and Gary 'Ears' Lineker. I was ready for him to spout his usual @#/? about how Rovers were lucky, United had injury problems, the ref was on our side etc etc.

To my, and surely everybody elses, amazement he went on a roll with complement after complement after complement for us. He said something along the lines of "Rovers are a classy outfit nowadays - strong upfront, a committed/pacy/adventurous midfield, a solid defence and a fabulous goalkeeper.

Now I'm not saying that I don't agree with the guy.....it just felt so wrong. It felt like he was trying to say sorry for all those years of ignorance, neglection and then hatred. He well and truly came out of his closet.

He's still a tosser though. Bugger off you Preston w*nker!

rover.gif  tinykit.gif  rover.gif

381224[/snapback]

Steady on! I was born and spent the first 13 years of my life in Preston.

Incidentally I really like your signature; bet that gets a few on here saying "what's he on about?" laugh.gif

I really like your signature; bet that gets a few on here saying "what's he on about?"

HAHA!! Binary!! laugh.gif "Look! That dog`s got a puffy tail!" (Cletus runs off....)

QUOTE(ABBEY @ Feb 2 2006, 21:48 )

hes ronoldos shemale bitch

Abbey.....that's two Shemale references in two different threads in one day...

Mods, is that sometype of mark?

EDIT: I stand corrected.... three references if

you count Tranny...

Not that I'm fixated or anything... Abs, me friend, seek counsel smile.gif

Edited by blue/white

Blue/white your not the only one who thinks this is weird.

Hey if any of you have a thing for shemales thats all well and good, but im bloody eating here and i don't want the thought of a shemale in my head while eating. ok.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.