BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lawrensen On Motd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that the 606 Board run by the BBC will get shut down after this. The posters have been clever with their thread titles (for the most part) and the one or two people the BBC use to moderate those threads cannot cope with a forum

381678[/snapback]

Some not very clever posters on 606, Rovers topic ??

Think of this seriously for a mo and ask yourselves howcome? if not in the first place then on the other hand if not then who and why?

another way of looking at it would be to stand at a distance and totally detach oneself to get a neautral point of view. If then you see the whole picture and come to the same conclusion as I then so be it!

OK 2-1 at Old Trafford was fantastic, but no buts! if lancastrians can't then who can hey? as for the other lot the least said the better, Oh yes!

Quoted message from Researcher 1755202

Edited by Azuri

Does that mean you're bisexual ?. I haven't done it yet, as I get the feeling the questions will be like 'Do you watch Will and Grace ?', or 'What is your favourite disco tune ?'. In other words, stuff that fits in with the stereotypical camp homosexual man.

Its seems the NOTW is forcing someone to come out of the closet this sunday according to all the gossip doing the rounds.

For the past ten days rumours have indeed been circulating about a particular player (no names mentioned) - who is about to be 'outed' by the tabloids.

Today the News of the World have carried a story involving two players allegedly having a gay sex romp together. For 'legal reasons' though, the paper has carried the story minus the actual players names.

Although 'legal reasons' are cited by the NOTW, I suspect the paper may have also got cold feet in the sense they were worried about a backlash from the supporters of the particular club/clubs involved.

A lot of people would have been angry at the players being 'outed', and unlike MPs who lie and claim to be family men while indulging in gay sex - one could argue that the players' sex lives are their own business and that sportsmen aren't in the same category as MPs when it comes to the public having the right to know about their private lives.

It's possible that the particular club/clubs involved would have refused to speak to the NOTW again in protest at the story. And as well as the 'legal reasons' cited, the paper, as I said, may have been worried about a backlash.

Anyway, for those who are not interested in reading some rather sordid details in today's NOTW story, please don't click the link below:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news3.shtml

I must admit that I've never thought of my mobile phone as a sex object - but each to their own I suppose.....

Without mentioning any names, we know that one of the Premiership players is an England international and a household name, while one of the two players is described as a goalscoring midfielder.

Just a quick warning. We don't want the site to get shut down and I'm sure Admin don't want to get sued so can we not make allegations as to the names of the two footballers in question. I'm sure there are a number of us who are aware of the rumour and are also aware of the rumoured players identities but can we please keep it off the MB. Cheers, Ricky

Just a quick warning. We don't want the site to get shut down and I'm sure Admin don't want to get sued so can we not make allegations as to the names of the two footballers in question. I'm sure there are a number of us who are aware of the rumour and are also aware of the rumoured players identities but can we please keep it off the MB. Cheers, Ricky

383849[/snapback]

Ricky - why don't admin do some research into the ins and outs of making 'allegations' on a football fans' messageboard. Surely as football is rife with opinions, bent statistics and 'allegations', this is all that can be expected on a messageboard for football?

And doesn't a post with someone saying that this is a 'rumour' that they have heard mean the allegation is some what nullified into a run of the mill piece of gossip? It's not as though anyone is stating names of players and then saying that this is a fact.

I'll leave Ste, Glenn or Paul to answer that one but I am aware of fans websites getting in trouble in the past. Didn't Mike Newell have some sore of run in with fans of one of his previous clubs.... can't remember the details to be honest. We would rather air on the side of caution and ask members not to disclose names.

I'll leave Ste, Glenn or Paul to answer that one but I am aware of fans websites getting in trouble in the past. Didn't Mike Newell have some sore of run in with fans of one of his previous clubs.... can't remember the details to be honest. We would rather air on the side of caution and ask members not to disclose names.

383854[/snapback]

Even names that have been starred-out so not to reveal their 'true' identity? blink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.