BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lawrensen On Motd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So suggesting a footballer is gay could end up with the message board shut down,

383901[/snapback]

Only if he is NOT gay I assume. If he is def outed as gay then there is surely no prob?

food for thought...........How long before somebody who is NOT gay sues a site for deformation of character / Libel or whatever......

........... and then gets hit himself with a homophobia charge? blink.gifrolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I read that as well. What does he mean when he says the fact that we are 6th says more about the leugue than us.... I guess he's saying that we are not good enough to be there and we've got lucky s everyone has played poorly

Angry scenes at cartoon demo

user posted image

Police attend disturbances outside BBC headquarters

There were violent protests at a demo in central London today after a controversial cartoon picture was published this week depicting the former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson.

Gay extremists and members of the Mark Lawrenson fan club issued death threats against journalists after the cartoon picture above was shown on the BBC at the weekend.

The Lawro cartoon, which was first published in a Danish newspaper, has sparked outrage and anger across Europe. Several publications in France, Germany and Spain later decided to feature the cartoon, together with the BBC.

Extremists began rallying in central London this afternoon, waving placards and burning effigies of Gary Lineker in response to the persistent mockery of the effete, droopy-faced Lawrenson. Gay extremists said that Lawrenson's moustache in the cartoon was "blatantly homophobic" and insulting to gay people.

"It's using an old-fashioned stereotype to ridicule us," said one angry Lawro fan. "I'm surprised they didn't go the whole hog and show Lawro wearing a leather cap, leather trousers and a Village People shirt."

Extremists furious at what they say is an "outdated and overly camp" depiction of Lawrenson's moustache, have threatened to boycott Danish products in future following the cartoon's first appearance this week in a Danish newspaper. "I'll be going to Tesco's tomorrow without buying my usual packet of sizzling Danish bacon," said one gay man. "Though naturally I'll always enjoy eating other meat."

A tearful Ray Stubbs watched with horror this afternoon as extremists stormed BBC headquarters with a flame-thrower, while Lawrenson's former Liverpool team-mate Alan Hansen reclined languidly on his orange lounge chair and called the cartoon image "shocking, simply shocking."

When quizzed by police about the violent conduct of his loyal supporters, Lawrenson himself whined "I derrrn't really knerrrrr."

389610[/snapback]

Priceless! Now, can anyone with media contacts get (leak?) this ASEF post into a more prominent place (such as Football 365 or such like...) That would be a laugh nerr, wouldn't it - I mean, the fact that Lawrenson is where he is in the media says more about the BBC than it does about him, doesn't it biggrin.gif

rover.gif

He is a complete w*****, can't that man give the side any credit. One of our players of yester-year must have hurt him or the club annoyed him at some point in the past, as i cannot see i anyother reason for him having what i can only describe as a vendetta against the Rovers. it has not only been the last few seasons that he's given us stick. Last season in a way i could maybe understand his grumbles but the way we played last year kept us up, but this season he has no excuse. We have played flowing, expansive football in many games this season. I think the fact that we've doubled the Manure, beat the ARSEnal, reached a cup semi-final again and we've been as a high as 5th place doesn't say anything about the league, it says a lot about the calibre of our players and management.

I cannot wait for the L'Pool match, because if we win and win without many problems, i'd love to hear what he's got to say about it.

• 3 weeks later...

latest from lawrensen.....

Like West Ham, Wigan are good at coming out firing when they've had a bad scoreline, and I think they can do so again at Blackburn.

The Latics seem to play better on the road than they do at home and I think they might surprise Blackburn.

Ewood Park is a difficult place for visiting teams, but this is a bit of derby match and it could be close.

rovers 1 wigan 2

• 1 month later...

I think I've cracked it!!!!!

We've all been wandering for years why Lawro hates us quite so much... could this be the answer, took from an interview he did with the Observer

First time you saw red?

For Brighton, playing against Tranmere, and it was for foul and abusive language. Ken Beamish, who I think is now the commercial director at Blackburn, nearly cut me in two with a challenge. It happened right in front of the linesman. When he didn't flag for a free-kick, I asked him in my most polished Anglo-Saxon how he hadn't seen it. And that was that. The ref reached straight for the red card.

It's Beamo's fault

Has anyone got the info to work out where the Preston Hairdresser's predictions would have put Rovers compared to the actual finishing position? I imagine it would be a great point on which to humiliate him in some forum.

Has anyone got the info to work out where the Preston Hairdresser's predictions would have put Rovers compared to the actual finishing position? I imagine it would be a great point on which to humiliate him in some forum.

407425[/snapback]

PM the table king, Dillo Dillo.

• 3 months later...

Couldn't see this posted anywhere, so..

Lawro's predictions on the new season... - I still don't trust the 'knob' <_<

"Jason Roberts and Benni McCarthy are going to be an interesting combination up front." - Your right there Lawro!

On a side note, it will be interesting to see his points tally for us this year, at the end of the season...

Edited by AussieinUk

i dont trust Lawro one bit. In fact he must have a hidden agenda behind him. I prefer it if he just taunted us by saying we will strugglethis season and dont expect anything else.

Then we can just prove how wrong he is.

Him saying we will stay up means secretly he wants us relegated!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.