BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 10 man Everton 1-0 Rovers

Well, ive only just joined!!

One swallow does not make a summer my friend.

I just dont see where he fits in. That performabnce alone, and lets be fair 2 of those goals were tap ins, he has looked no better than average in any position IMO.

You tell me, do you honestly think that an efficiently performing Blackburn Rovers machine would include David Bentley?? Not for me. He is just a luxury player that clubs like ours cannot afford to accomodate.

384017[/snapback]

wow thoght it was blueboy....not a new blueboy

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, ive only just joined!!

One swallow does not make a summer my friend.

I just dont see where he fits in. That performabnce alone, and lets be fair 2 of those goals were tap ins, he has looked no better than average in any position IMO.

You tell me, do you honestly think that an efficiently performing Blackburn Rovers machine would include David Bentley?? Not for me. He is just a luxury player that clubs like ours cannot afford to accomodate.

384017[/snapback]

Even if he is not a world beater he is still as good as Thompson used to be, on less wages I would imagine and came in on the cheap. Also I would say all round he is on a par with the likes of Emerton as well.

For the amount of money we had available I am not sure how we could have got a player of a higher standard.

And yes I can see an efficently performing Blackburn Rovers using Bentley on the money we have. We don't have the funds to buy a star studded team and I sincerely doubt we will ever have a side where all 11 players are of a standard higher than David.

Also at 21 years of age he is expected to improve.

I must be seeing with blue and white eyes - I don't think the display was as bad as most on here are saying.

383706[/snapback]

Completely disagree Den, it's gone now but that was one of the worst performances under Hughes.

The bottom line is, that like in the first half against WBA we weren't sufficiently "up for it."

Playing ten men for 80 minutes we hardly ever won a 50/50 challenge and hence barely challenged their goal. (With a rookie keeper in the nets)

If we play the same way tomorrow night we won't win. Hopefully the last two displays are out of the system and we will get the result we want.

Some random thoughts based on the thoughts of others:

People are being exceptionally tolerant of Friedel due to his form of 3 seasons ago.

Strange how Todd/Gray always cop all the flak, yet Neill whose fault the goal was neer gets any.

Disagree the midfield isn't good enough. Reid/Savage is an excellent pairing, Savage just had a poor game on Saturday. His form was extremely good prior to being scythed down by Rio.

Bentley looked better after a couple of games as an out and out striker than he does out wide.

Pongolle started brightly but faded. Not really the fault of the strikers who had no service.

Kuqi offers nothing

Peter doesn't look in the least bit out of place at this level. How many more are there at the Academy?

Strange how Todd/Gray always cop all the flak, yet Neill whose fault the goal was neer gets any.

384122[/snapback]

Neil doesn't cop the flak because he is a football genius biggrin.gif

Lucas has had one of his best seasons - both defensively and attacking. Fair play to the guy as he came out in the press and admitted the goal was his fault.

Our defensive 4-5-1 has been replaced by a more attractive 4-4-2. When the team is not 'up for it' or the creative players are having a bad game, then this, coupled with the lack of bite and defensive aggression that 4-5-1 gave us means defeat, particulary against a team like Everton. To win these games, we have to play well. Simple but true.

People are being exceptionally tolerant of Friedel due to his form of 3 seasons ago.
Been saying that for a while now, he's simply not that good anymore. I resign myself to conceding one if they get a free kick anywhere near our box. He was legitimately beaten four times against Everton, of which he'd have saved at least two a few years ago. Having said that there are few quality keepers floating around - we'd have to spend decent money to find an upgrade.

Strange how Todd/Gray always cop all the flak, yet Neill whose fault the goal was never gets any.
Todd has been shakey of late and Gray was never a good defender to start with. Decent, yes, but barely passable for the Prem - it's his ability going forward that gets him in the team over Matteo. Another you might want to add to your list is Nelsen - he's been pretty woeful recently. I'd have put money on him being able to handle Beattie before the Everton game, especially as their only tactic was to hoof it up to the big lump. Clearly I was wrong wink.gif

Bentley looked better after a couple of games as an out and out striker than  he does out wide.
Probably because he is a forward, contrary to popular belief. How he got benched for Pongolle tonight is beyond me.

Kuqi offers nothing
He offers a physical presence that the rest of our forwards lack, and a work ethic that is second to none. Talent wise, well he's not going to create any for himself or score any he shouldn't, but he's a decent option for a last ten minute burst. You'd obviously love to have somebody with his size and work ethic, but with the ability to finish and trap the ball - of course those cost several million pounds wink.gif

Peter doesn't look in the least bit out of place at this level. How many more are there at the Academy?
He's looked better than Pedersen of late, certainly in open play. Hopefully there's a forward, a leftback and a creative midfielder hidden away in the academy set up just waiting to break through wink.gif

Bentley looked better after a couple of games as an out and out striker than  he does out wide.

Probably because he is a forward, contrary to popular belief. How he got benched for Pongolle tonight is beyond me.

Mark said in one of his interviews that he wanted to see how Flo and Bellamy got on playing together at Ewood

• 1 month later...

Remember all the moaning about rovers losing 1-0 to ten men Everton [mentioned in this title]?

What would rovers fans be saying if we were west ham - they have shipped 4 goals to date, against 10 men Chelsea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.