BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 10 man Everton 1-0 Rovers

Restricted view for me too, my mate has bought them today, so not sure what row we are on.

From previous experiences of Goodison, the restricted view seats are crap, you've got a pillar or two in the way, plus if your on the bottom tier, you cant see the ball if it is kicked higher than 10ft in the air.

Anyway, i'll go for a sneaky 2-0 win to us, not wanting to tempt fate.  huh.gif

Any suggestions for pubs to meet in before the game?

382755[/snapback]

We've always tended to go to the Arkles across the park. It is right next to Anfield so on Everton home games its pretty quiet and quite good for away fans.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard Wright has got injured during the warm up tonight. Martyn is already out. Wondering if either of them will be available on Saturday.

382736[/snapback]

Martyn is definitely out - he's just gone under the knife - and Wright's almost definitely out for a couple of weeks (the radio reckoned he'd been injured whilst warming up in front of a board that said "Don't warm up here". Bright lad that Richard Wright). That was the first time I'd seen much of Everton this season, hope Nuno Valente is OK for Sat : even Bert might be able to get the better of that little tussle. Here's hoping Beattie's half time substitution was cos of a niggle (doubt it though).

the lad turner in goal for everton lastnight didn't play bad but he still let in 4 goals, made some good saves though. i think because the injury to wright was in the warm up, it didn't really give him to much time to worry about the game. he knows he up against us and will be dreading the prospect of facing our fire power and playing behind that defence again, valente(sp) who? how has that guy won the champions league laugh.gif

'Tis true.  It was a very large board!  He backed into it though!  laugh.gif

Thought Everton were dire last night.  Hope our lads are up for a bit of a battle!

382784[/snapback]

I agree that they were played off the park at times by Chelsea - but then again many teams have been.

Though I feel player for player - and general style of football as a team, we are better than Everton - what worries me is their ability to bring teams down to their level. They also have good delivery from set pieces.

If we can keep it as a football match - and especially if Bellars is fit I would expect us to win. However, if Everton can make the match descend into a niggly affair, with play constantly being broken up by free kicks etc - I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 1-0 from a set piece

good news with bellers hopefully being fit for the game

just hope he does not get injured again this season, if he does get injured again i think we will have to consider his future in the summer, we can't have a player who plays only 12 or so games a season.

good news with bellers hopefully being fit for the game

just hope he does not get injured again this season, if he does get injured again i think we will have to consider his future in the summer, we can't have a player who plays only 12 or so games a season.

382821[/snapback]

Yes, let's sell our most talented player because of one season plagued by injury. Especially when we'll have to sell him for a cheap price due to this season. He's produced great results during the time he's been able to play, I'm sure he'll be able to get through this poor injury spell.

Yes, let's sell our most talented player because of one season plagued by injury. Especially when we'll have to sell him for a cheap price due to this season. He's produced great results during the time he's been able to play, I'm sure he'll be able to get through this poor injury spell.

382822[/snapback]

believe me i don't want him to be sold cos he is a class act when he is fit

but we need him to be fit for far more matches then he is doing now cos when he is out injured so much he is no use to us

i am quite worried actually about his fitness has he has had problems with injurys all his career

Was at the game last night and Everton were just awful. I know there's no shame in losing to Chelsea but the way they did it was woeful. Cahill was the only player who had any quality.

If we can keep Cahill quiet and get the first goal then they do not have the morale to get back into it.

believe me i don't want him to be sold cos he is a class act when he is fit

but we need him to be fit for far more matches then he is doing now cos when he is out injured so much he is no use to us

i am quite worried actually about his fitness has he has had problems with injurys all his career

382824[/snapback]

i think bellamy will be benched on saturday. there was loads of talk about him being fit for manky, then against the albion and hughes has resisted to bring him back to soon. think he will start on the bench and come on and do the business in the 2nd half. rover.gif

BEATTIE DOUBTFUL FOR SAT!!!!! What has happened to YOBO??? is he injured or at African Nations??? if at A.C will he back to play on Sat???

382849[/snapback]

Yobo has been playing for Nigeria at the African Nations Cup, but they were knocked out at the semi final stage, so he may well be back for Saturday.

Yobo has been playing for Nigeria at the African Nations Cup, but they were knocked out at the semi final stage, so he may well be back for Saturday.

382853[/snapback]

There's still a 3rd/4th place playoff though at 4pm today ... if he plays in that it's doubtful that he'll feature against us.

If Beattie is out, they'll have virtually no strikers available.

So... If they only have one keeper left and can't name one on the bench it might be worth adopting a 'physical' approach when challenging him... get shefki to nail him in the first few minutes and we could see an outfield player in goal.

Not that I condone that sort of behaviour, obviously

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.