BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is There Any Football Games Based On 94/95 Season?

Nowadays you can find a lot of football related PC or non-PC games like FIFA, CM, FM or PES series, but almost all of them are based on the recent seasons.

As far as I know the only football related game that based on Rovers' champion season is FIFA96, it's a shame that the game is very old and it's not compatible with the Windows XP.

So is there any other football game based on the 94/95 season?

pretty sure there was champ manager way back then?

There was sensible world of soccer out around that time as well, cant remember much about that other than the in-match screen though. There was also another game i used to play religiously on my mates Amiga, one of the first football management games. Can't remember what it was called, but you had to start as a conference club and build your way up - you even had to sell the spaces on the advertising boards round the pitch yourself!!

I think theres probably several games you'll find, but you may need various emulators to play.

There was also another game i used to play religiously on my mates Amiga, one of the first football management games. Can't remember what it was called, but you had to start as a conference club and build your way up - you even had to sell the spaces on the advertising boards round the pitch yourself!!

I think theres probably several games you'll find, but you may need various emulators to play.

382300[/snapback]

I think you're on about Premier Manager, which was the first management sim I remember, but where you could only start with a Conference club. It was very very hard! That definitely covered the 94-5 season but it wouldn't be possible to pick Rovers straight away.

I think you're on about Premier Manager, which was the first management sim I remember, but where you could only start with a Conference club. It was very very hard! That definitely covered the 94-5 season but it wouldn't be possible to pick Rovers straight away.

382314[/snapback]

Thats the bugger. Don't think i ever got very far sad.gif

I think championship manager 2 covers the years you are looking for. There is a demo on the sigames website. biggrin.gifhttp://www.sigames.com/softography.php?type=view&id=3

382342[/snapback]

I had that it was ace. It was the first champman I played after the c64 version. This version had real commentary too - wonder why they dont do that anymore

If you don't mind getting an Amiga emulator going, this remains one of the best football games ever made: Sensible World of Soccer.

For me, it's a lot more fun than the 3D efforts like FIFA or PES, where you can never be sure if a goal is down to your own skill or the computer's assistance. Plus it has a Champ Man database of pretty much every player in world football from 1995.

Well worth the effort of tracking it down and getting it running on a PC (actually not too hard if you've used emulators before).

Edit: aaaaand it was mentioned right at the top of the thread. ph34r.gif

Edited by M-K

I had that it was ace.  It was the first champman I played after the c64 version.  This version had real commentary too - wonder why they dont do that anymore

382372[/snapback]

CM2, classic game, should still have that kicking around at home. Even bought the separate foreign leagues expansion CD's.

Nowadays you can find a lot of football related PC or non-PC games like FIFA, CM, FM or PES series, but almost all of them are based on the recent seasons.

As far as I know the only football related game that based on Rovers' champion season is FIFA96, it's a shame that the game is very old and it's not compatible with the Windows XP.

So is there any other football game based on the 94/95 season?

382168[/snapback]

Sometimes people have done things to the game as a update to make them work with windows xp because i remmeber some old 95/dos games i used to like have been updated to be able to play on xp but its just trying to find them thats the problem

I have a copy of CM 94/95 but I'll have to check if it works with XP.  Know for sure I have more recent copies of CM and Football Manager which is the same game but has had to be rebranded as the developers moved on if that helps ?

382540[/snapback]

i'd love a copy of that or 95/96 if anyone can get there hands on it give me a shout.

pretty sure there was champ manager way back then?

There was sensible world of soccer out around that time as well, cant remember much about that other than the in-match screen though. There was also another game i used to play religiously on my mates Amiga, one of the first football management games. Can't remember what it was called, but you had to start as a conference club and build your way up - you even had to sell the spaces on the advertising boards round the pitch yourself!!

382300[/snapback]

sensible soccer is being re-made and will be released on playstation, xbox etc in the spring smile.gif

Thank you very much all you guys.

aroversfan, is the CM 94/95 you metioned the same game as CM2 with the start season as 94/95 (distinguish from the other packs of CM2 like 95/96)? After check on the www.sigames.com, there isn't any game called CM94/95, below is the sequence of CM series on www.sigames.com.

CM 03/04 | CM 4 | CM 02/03 | CM Quiz | CM 01/02 | CM 00/01 | CM 99/00 | CM 3 | CM 97/98 | CM 96/97 | CM 2 | CM 93/94 | CM 1 |

Edited by james19830822

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.