Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a look if Bentley comes on.

Excellent post on 606 encouraging me to watch what I am missing:

"This does not look like an England side desperate to inspire its fans to have hope, just a bunch of mismanaged crocks coming to pick up their payslips"

I'll have a look if Bentley comes on.

Excellent post on 606 encouraging me to watch what I am missing:

"This does not look like an England side desperate to inspire its fans to have hope, just a bunch of mismanaged crocks coming to pick up their payslips"

Yeah just about sums this match up, even if Russia don't get the result they need tomorrow can't see us getting the points against Croatia playing like this.

He should still be 1 or 2 weeks off a comeback by the time we face them. Good for us, bad for England.

England win 1-0.

Poor performance but at least we know for sure that even if Israel do get points from Russian game, we will probably fail to beat Croatia! :mellow:

Come on Israel!

Everybody must now be praying for Russia to get the result they need. I shudder to think what McClown would consider to be a line-up capable of beating Croatia if we still need to win that one.

Ah well, that's as close to Austria and Switzerland any of the home nationsare going to get in 2007/8.

Austria were every bit as woeful as their recent form suggested from the bit I saw.

Edited by philipl

This is now sick and shambolic! Maclaren knows that he is a dead man walking and all this is obviously now a publicity / marketing move to get the entire Beckham PLC circus to limp and stutter pant past 100 games for England.

I suggest that beneficiaries must now include Maclaren after his squirm making flight to LA to talk to Beckhams 'fitness' consultants.

:angry:

Looks rather like Mc Claren has been tapping Beckham up to employ him when he loses his job as England manager.

And Venables thought...

There is supposed to be a picture here of Venables looking like "what the **** was that?" as Beckham is substituted.

Whilst I'm not a fan of Ginger Sven I have to say also that Venables is very possibly the most over-rated manager/coach in the history of the game.

What's he ever won? Something with Barcelona and an FA Cup with Spuds? Big deal.

And if he's half the tactical genius he's cracked up to be, why are we in our current predicament?

Long term, best thing is if we fail to qualify, Ginger Sven, El Tel and all the deadwood get swept out and "The Special One" is appointed.

Will never happen. Too blindingly obvious, yet potentially controversial for the FA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.