BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt in my mind that Bentley could have supplied a similar cross to Beckham in that situation. Wright Phillips on the other hand...

When I see the replay of the chance he had early on, I can't help but think that Bentley, had he had the same chance, would have buried it...

not having a go but please feel free to show me a rule were it says you are allowed to pull shirts...

Abbey, you are either having a laugh, or more drunk than usual if you honestly think every foul in the book gets called at every moment on the pitch.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Nov 21 2007, 22:25 ) 562214[/snapback]
Course it was, the Croatia player blatantly pulled his shirt.

Disagree.

Whilst it was technically an infringement, the ball was wasn't going to Defoe whether or not his shirt was pulled.

If you gave a penalty for something as minor as that every weekend, every match would end up 12-11.

Anyway, it didn't matter in the end, we got exactly what we deserved on the balance of play, - bugger all.

Now let's sack the useless sod and El Tel and any other baggage from the Sven regime and get Mourinho in.

Garbage, I knew from the offset McClaren could not guide England to the Euro's and I knew we could not win that game. I'll be over it quickly now, it's next Summer it really starts to set in.

Long ball England. No inventiveness, no nous, no nothing we tried going long and over the top and Craoia's defence ate it up, our only decent cross from wide and we score. Embarrassed to be an England fan, again.

Edited by USABlue

Terrible formation, terrible performance. Lampard man of the match, are you having a laugh? Dunno who voted that one but I'd get them off the drugs and into rehab pronto.

I knew as soon as he changed back to that awful formation with Crouch up by himself again we would loose. The commentator said as much, give him the bloody job or hold a "Who wants to be the England Manager" reality TV show. We will get better prospects than that Muppet that is being fired as we speak.

On the penalty, it was an infringement and as such a penalty. However, I agree it was incredibly soft and we were very lucky to have it given, as hundreds other officials wouldn't have given it. In that position, I wouldn't. Still, an infringement of the rules occured so Croatia can have no complaints.

On the night, we just weren't good enough. For those of us part of the Football Manager / Champ Man generation, this is where you would quit the game and reload it back to kick off, though I would rather reload it back to Stevie Macs appointment and have that altered. Anyone who could have at least had us playing watchable football would have been preferable. Unfortunately, that would put Sparky in the frame...

Got what he deserved. I'm a firm believer that when you need them you start with your "big-game" players, Beckham should have been on from the start and we should have stuck with 4-4-2. I hope he has the guts to resign, but I can see him trying to stick it out and probably get himself a nice cheque as he leaves.

Guest Kamy100

Croatia were technically better, more confident and played with more passion. I posted on here after the Israel game that Croatia would be tough to beat and unfortunately I was proved right, having said that the England players and management should ashamed of what the produced we played like a third rate football nation. It's going to take a lot of time to recover from this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.