SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Passion. No Creativity. No Ideas.

Utterly boring and why the likes of Dyer & Phil Neville are in the England team is beyond me. Carrick was also poor tonight, thought he was meant to be a sublime passer of the ball saw nothing of that tonight.

The whole midfield was a shambles. If England want get back to some sort of form then this is the main area they have to focus on. There wasn't any balance to the side and once again Gerrard and Lampard couldn't play together. Even when Gerrard went off Lampard didn't get much better.

Time to drop Lampard to the bench and give Gerrard the freedom in a 442 formation rather than the formation they played tonight which was coincidently like the christmas tree formation that England played under Venables in 95.

Edited by Cookiemonster

Not really, England when having a fully fit XI have a better side than Spain and with a different manager would beat Spain 9/10. Spain weren’t any better/worse than England apart from one good shot. Still one of the worse games I have had the misfortune of watching

If you think England would beat Spain 9 times out of 10 then you're as deluded as McLaren.

England have some cracking players, but they do not have a divine right to be successful as some seem to think. It has to be worked at, by the players and the coaching staff. Neither seem to really take it seriously - perhaps its just a distraction - a game they have to play without having their usual astronomical win bonuses at stake.

The problems in English domestic football cast a shadow that engulfs the national side. The whole thing needs a shake up - not further perpetuation of the old boys club that it seems to be at present.

If you think England would beat Spain 9 times out of 10 then you're as deluded as McLaren.

England have some cracking players, but they do not have a divine right to be successful as some seem to think. It has to be worked at, by the players and the coaching staff. Neither seem to really take it seriously - perhaps its just a distraction - a game they have to play without having their usual astronomical win bonuses at stake.

The problems in English domestic football cast a shadow that engulfs the national side. The whole thing needs a shake up - not further perpetuation of the old boys club that it seems to be at present.

You seriously overate Spain my friend, there results until they played us have been shocking. If we had a 100% starting XI with a Mourinho or Lippi in charge I would back us against most teams with the talent in our starting XI

Out of there Starting XI ,I would have Xavi, Ramos and Villa over England’s best XI and that’s it although if Fabregas would of played he would walk into any international side

Not really, England when having a fully fit XI have a better side than Spain and with a different manager would beat Spain 9/10. Spain weren’t any better/worse than England apart from one good shot. Still one of the worse games I have had the misfortune of watching

:huh: sorry mate you are deluded

Casillas, Puyol, Pablo, Albelda, Morientes out of starting 11 would be ahead of any England keeper, any English defender, ahead of anone but Terry, ahead of Carrick and ahead of Crouch

The full strength fully in form team would aslo include Raul, Torres, Xabi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Joaquin and probabaly Luis Garcia and they have back up strength and depth in Reina, Canizares, Salgado, Marchena, Del Horno, Reyes and a handful of others I can't think of right now.

They unfortunately, although better the McLaren, have a pretty poor Manager as well and add Mourinho or Lippi in charge and they would walk over England 10/10

Casillas, Puyol, Pablo, Albelda, Morientes out of starting 11 would be ahead of any England keeper, any English defender, ahead of anone but Terry, ahead of Carrick and ahead of Crouch

The full strength fully in form team would aslo include Raul, Torres, Xabi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Joaquin and probabaly Luis Garcia and they have back up strength and depth in Reina, Canizares, Salgado, Marchena, Del Horno, Reyes and a handful of others I can't think of right now.

They unfortunately, although better the McLaren, have a pretty poor Manager as well and add Mourinho or Lippi in charge and they would walk over England 10/10

Spain are one of the world's continually over-egged sides. They are a greasy version of England who also look good on paper and in the lists of an Aussie wind-up merchant. Your post also displays your inherent bias against all things 'pom'.

Still...I must admit that we really are utterly crap.

By the way - Morientes is one of the most overrated footballers the world has ever known.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Casillas is show pony he makes spectacular saves when a simple catch could do plus he is awful on crosses , Pablo, Albelda, Morientes you seriously saying that Pablo is better than wood gate and Ferdinand, Albelda is better than Gerard or Lampard and Morientes better than Rooney or Owen. Because if that’s the case I don’t what sport ive been watching for nearly 20 years. The problem with England is not talent but tactics, fitness and coaching. Its obvious to me that you don’t watch much La liga because if did you wouldn’t even mention Salgado, Marchena, Raul as players fit for the Spanish XI.

Its just another Aussie dig at England, however I admit that if we had your attitude and prep towards sport ive no doubt with the talents in this country we would of won many more major tournaments. As for Spain they have one less than England which takes some doing for a major footballing nation . And whilst we have many overrated players I.e Carrick. Lampard ,Defoe Swp etc Spain have more Raul been the most overrated player of his generation

It is strange as soon as I have a dig at England football team it is automatically put down to another Aussie V England jibe, I didn't even mention the Australian football team.

I am saying Pablo is better then Woodgate and Ferdinand, Crouch has been an integral member of the Englihs setup with both Rooney and Owen fit, so yes Morientes is better then Crouch. I said Albelda is a better player then Carrick, my recollection is all three are in the starting line up, and you have admitted yourself that Fabregas is in there so three vs three I would have Albelda, Fabregas and Gerrard, and that's without taking into consideration fitting Xavi or Xabi in there who are both better then Lampard and Carrick and at least on par with Gerrard.

Fully fit and in form would find Salgado filling your right back position and Raul a chance next to Rooney, however I would still rather Torres and Villa. Marchena is a very good back up player and shows the depth Spain has over England.

You also conveniently left out my other selections in Puyol, Iniesta, Canizares, Del Horno, Reyes and Joaquin, hell I even forgot Senna, Baraja and Vicente. Spain have extremely good depth something that England are lacking.

England would be a much better side if more of their players went overseas to try their hand, Gerrard and Rooney would kill it in Spain and they would learn more about patient, creative football.

Edited by neekoy

Spain are one of the world's continually over-egged sides. They are a greasy version of England who also look good on paper and in the lists of an Aussie wind-up merchant. Your post also displays your inherent bias against all things 'pom'.

Still...I must admit that we really are utterly crap.

By the way - Morientes is one of the most overrated footballers the world has ever known.

Ha Ha, yes they are a greasy version of England. They under perform all the time, but to make a statement that England would beat Spain 9/10 times is ridiculous. Those kinds of posts shown bias for all things 'pom' even when they are hardly justified.

Why is Morientes overrated? Because he had a poor 12 months at Liverpool? What about his time at Madrid, Monaco and now Valencia, not to mention his excellent performances everytime he pulls on a Spanish shirt.

I remember during the World Cup having this argument with some of the English fans. There are players on either team that it would be difficult to pick over eachother, like Salgado or Ramos over Neville or Xavi and Xabi Alonso over Carrick and Lampard. But then again there are other players that are so obviously better than their English counterparts that it isn't even worth arguing about. Players like Casillas, Pujol, Xavi, Fabregas, Joaquin, David Villa and Fernando Torres would walk into the England side. Players like Terry, Gerard and Rooney would start for Spain. This is the second time in a row that Spain have beaten England with ease. There's no doubt that England have quality players, it's just that they are a very poor team.

Phil Neville our best player? Says it all - he is an average, steady player at best - nothing special at all. Does the simple things, and nothing else.

McLaren's interview after the game was a disgrace. He should be slating them, and throwing cups around the dressing room in anger. If you cant get motivated playing for your country, when CAN you be?

Really annoys me when you see Gerrard and Lampard put in sub standard performance yet when they play in the league, they have stormers. i.e. Lampard v us 2 weeks ago. Grrrr

When we play our ''best'' team against Israel, how many times will they have actually ALL played together? None?

How is Wright Phillips (who hardly every plays) and Dyer (injury prone and over-rated) a better option than Bentley?

:angry:

I'm going to get some grief at work tomorrow. :(:( Thought both teams were crap and there was no comparison to the U21's game played on Tuesday night. Ah well, go into work tomorrow and say congratulations or enhorabuena to all my Spanish friends :mellow::mellow:

at least you still support england unlike the aussie ones on here who sold there soul for a barbie

it was awful no more comment needed from me...but dont select bents we need him here and not in the big window

Steve Mc should never have got the job and should be sacked. Too close to the old guard and a proper yes man.

And thats the ONLY reason that he got the job. The man is the worst motivator that I have seen in the Prem since Santini, perrin and Kidd!

btw....... And that Woodgate is an absolute disgrace! He looks like he lives in cardboard city! What a pr1ck he looks with his rats tails hair style. England players should wear jackets and ties when on international duty and thats that. :angry:

Mclaren scares the cack out of me, on the one hand he makes the so called "Big calls" by dropping Beckham and last night trying out Ben Foster instead of dodgy Robinson. (Didn't seem big calls to me anyway TBH)

But he ducks the Lampard & Gerrard problem and inserts Carrick in a midfield role AS well !!!???

WTF?

I thought Carrick, Lampard, SWP & Phil Neville were shocking last night, Carrick & Lampard were having a give the ball away competition, a pass to SWP was as good as picking it up and giving it to a spaniard and leaving Neville with at least 2/3 to mark and cover for Rio and Phil Neville was dropped for a valid reason Mclaren, HE ISN'T UP TO IT!!!

(How much did they miss Hargreaves?)

It only stayed 1-0 because Gary Neville bailed us out the cack several times (Sweeping up behing over rated Rio)

Sorry, didn't think our frontline would scare Stanley never mind Spain, just couldn't se us scoring unless crouch mis hit one or Gerrard got one on his own...

Positives:

Ben Foster (Nowt he could do about the goal and isn't dodgy from long range efforts)

Gary Neville (Still the best at RB but please don't limit him by inserting a muppet in front of him)

Woodgate (Would prefer him & Terry TBH)

Gerrard (Still class, only one who looked dangerous from Midfield)

Dyer (At least he tried to get in)

England have to be the most over hyped over rated team in World football, the only constant is all the trash that follow them round, press, sponsors and WAG's telling them they are brilliant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.