SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Derbyshire

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobbler,

I'm sure that other here will be able to tell you a lot more than me but, at the moment, we seem to be off-loading some young players who are doing really well at other clubs:

Neil Danns went from us to Colchester and is doing really well there (OK it's a few divisions down)

Paul Gallacher is doing OK at Stoke City

Jonathon Douglas is doing the business at Leeds.

I hope Derbyshire does well for you. I have a soft spot for Northampton due to circumstances lost in the mists of time, I hope he & The Cobblers do well.

Cobbler,

I'm sure that other here will be able to tell you a lot more than me but, at the moment, we seem to be off-loading some young players who are doing really well at other clubs:

Neil Danns went from us to Colchester and is doing really well there (OK it's a few divisions down)

Paul Gallacher is doing OK at Stoke City

Jonathon Douglas is doing the business at Leeds.

I hope Derbyshire does well for you. I have a soft spot for Northampton due to circumstances lost in the mists of time, I hope he & The Cobblers do well.

383939[/snapback]

Hey Stevie Wonder hes onloan at Wrexham

Well, he has seen Wrexham play at 85 of 92 league clubs.

He has asked me to ask you, how many have you seen the Rovers play at ?

384032[/snapback]

Clearly a real fan if he's been to that many. Actually I suspect that Rovers may not have played at 85 of the current other 91 grounds, but no doubt there's someone out there who knows?

I can only manage a modest 53 of the 92 (including Ewood) although I have been to both old and new grounds at a number of clubs and even 3 in the case of Bristol Rovers (although only to a rugby match at their currrent ground).

It's very good, although you need to follow a side that has been good and very bad.

I've been to 57, although, that amount has become a little static of late.

I doubt very much I will get many more than that, unless the Rovers also become very bad

Derbyshire praised for his two goals, the first one a tap-in, the second one a classy finish with the outside of his foot. Reading a Wrexham board, they seem especially impressed with his pace..

384117[/snapback]

Good lad, he's much too good for that division. I still think he'll be a quality player for the Rovers in a year or so, but credit for him going on loan - helps out Wrexham (3 points already) and gives him some more experience.

My mate phoned me this morning, thinks he is fantastic !!

Said his second goal was world class !!

384158[/snapback]

Saw the secong goal on SSN yes it was very good but who were they playing R+D aren't they bottom and the team stanley will be replacing in the fball league. He didn't set the world alight at Plymouth. Until he plays and scores for the first team regularly he remains as with alot of rovers youngsters promising and a more than capable lower league player.

Saw the secong goal on SSN yes it was very good but who were they playing R+D aren't they bottom and the team stanley will be replacing in the fball league. He didn't set the world alight at Plymouth. Until he plays and scores for the first team regularly he remains as with alot of rovers youngsters promising and a more than capable lower league player.

384251[/snapback]

Don't be too hard on his time at Plymouth. he signed and very shortly afterwards the manager who signed him, Bobby Williamson, was sacked, so he never really got a chance.

384251[/snapback]

He started one game for plymouth and the rest of the time it the last 10 minutes or time wasting substitute performances. Know what your talking about before talking crap next time!.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.