BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ps3

I think sony have dropped the ball here. This means that the 360 will have had 2 xmas periods before the ps3 comes out and with the 360's games catalogue being a lot larger its not looking good. Throw in the £425 price tag and a spring release and I think they will struggle against the 360 (in europe anyway).

I bought a 360 as a stop gap before the ps3. Now i'm considering not even buying a ps3 on launch but waiting for the inevitable price drop late next year when Sony realise what a hash they have made of the European launch!

The fact that GTA is going to be on Xbox 360 as well has put me off the PS3 a bit. I mean, the PS3 is going to have to have some amazing exclusives to make me consider spending all that money on a machine that's going to do pretty much the same thing as the one I've already got.

I doubt if the delay will affect that, though, as Sony will still have a first Christmas in the two most important markets - Japan and the US.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a crock of ****, it's about time we stopped getting stiched up compared to the US/Japan etc.

Where's Sony's biggest markets?

Im guessing its not Europe or they'd be busting everything to get it here on time.

Simple market forces and unfortunately it means you'll have to wait a bit before your toy turns up (which is what it is when it comes down to it) It wont kill you not having one for a couple of months.

Where's Sony's biggest markets?

Im guessing its not Europe or they'd be busting everything to get it here on time.

Simple market forces and unfortunately it means you'll have to wait a bit before your toy turns up (which is what it is when it comes down to it) It wont kill you not having one for a couple of months.

Fair point Flopsy, but still it would be nice for them to show a little consistency with their worldwide release dates. As roversyoyo said, the xbox 360 certainly looks thta much more appealing at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been playing it at the Tokyo Game Show - had a crack on Ridge Racer 7, which looks amazing, and some mech game that I can't remember the name of. Judging by the reaction here, Sony has absolutely nothing to worry about - the only problem will be manufacturing enough of the consoles.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was on video, and looked impressive. It wasn't running very smoothly, though, so there's probably a lot of work to be done. Still, there was a bit where Snake gets in an oil drum and rolls through the enemy soldiers, Monkey Ball style. Ace! And he has a kind of camo suit thing so he can blend in everywhere. Best thing at the show.

Nintendo wouldn't let anyone show playable Wii games, so there were just four of them demo'd on stage by girls. Fairly big queues for the 360 but I think that might have been because they were handing out free stuff to players. In the shops, the 360 stuff is tucked away on a rack next to the retro gear and GBA games. Pre-orders for PS3 are all filled, or at least I didn't see any of the pre-order slips anywhere.

I've just been playing it at the Tokyo Game Show - had a crack on Ridge Racer 7, which looks amazing, and some mech game that I can't remember the name of. Judging by the reaction here, Sony has absolutely nothing to worry about - the only problem will be manufacturing enough of the consoles.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was on video, and looked impressive. It wasn't running very smoothly, though, so there's probably a lot of work to be done. Still, there was a bit where Snake gets in an oil drum and rolls through the enemy soldiers, Monkey Ball style. Ace! And he has a kind of camo suit thing so he can blend in everywhere. Best thing at the show.

Nintendo wouldn't let anyone show playable Wii games, so there were just four of them demo'd on stage by girls. Fairly big queues for the 360 but I think that might have been because they were handing out free stuff to players. In the shops, the 360 stuff is tucked away on a rack next to the retro gear and GBA games. Pre-orders for PS3 are all filled, or at least I didn't see any of the pre-order slips anywhere.

Very Jealous of you. I have always wanted to goto to something like this - the Mrs isnt keen though.

Did you get to see Assasins Creed? That looks awsome

Out of all the games this is the one that has been confusing me the most. When I saw the first trailer that came out (maybe about a year ago) my jaw hit the ground. I wanted this game. Then as things dragged on and on I forgot about it until it cropped up again in the Official PS2 mag. Now, the pictures that they showed from the game looked like they could have been done on a master system (slight exaduration on my part maybe) It was awful - their review wasn't much better either.

Then I see the latest vid that Kammy puts up and again I am puzzled. I am not sure about some of these PS3 games to be honest. Are some of these 'games' just videos?

Guess we will just have to wait and see

Same here Cocker some of the games just look like they are video's rather than actual gameplay, however I believe that some of this particular video is actually gameplay footage. Also from what I have read that the general consensus after TGS is that they the playable PS3 do look amazing, much better than the first batch of 360 games.

Well, it's great to be back in England. Groan.......

The PS3s on the Sony stand had the sharpest HDTVs I've ever seen, so Ridge Racer looked a lot better there than it did on the Namco stand. Both were running 1080p.Still, I have to say it does look a bit nicer than 360 whatever it's displayed on. £400 nice? Not so sure.

Time to drink away my jetlag!

I don't know if it's been mentioned but

anyone? :blink:

I spoke to someone who saw it at X06 the other day, and she said it's the business. Apparently you have to blend in with crowds to get close to your victims, which depends on being able to look and act like the people around you so as not to arouse suspicion.

There was a PS3 being demonstrated in the office earlier, with some monster truck game and a FPS that involved shooting little alien spider things. Didn't think much of those two but the console itself is looks a must-have. It's so shiny! It had better come with a polishing cloth.

I saw an advert for the Wii and the new Zelda the other day - the controller looks like it'l be the dogs knees and the bees knadgers

It's cool as you like but it doesn't half make your arms ache when you're trying to aim carefully. Zelda is *miles* easier with a Gamecube controller. The Wii remote is best for tennis, boxing, pool and all that kind of simplified 'real world' stuff. Nintendo were wise not to go head to head with PS3 -- Wii is like the home equivalent of DS, and who knows, maybe by going off at a tangent like that, it will thump PS3 like DS has thumped the PSP. I wouldn't put money on it, though.

Oh, Shevchenko -- sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Superman.

You haven't heard anything about the Superman Returns game have you? Been very quiet lately although there was a new video out not long ago. Looks like a lot of fun...

The original trailer looked awsome but that was only a movie not the gameplay - check this out - I must say, it looks a little dissapointing - Click

It looks ok to me. I have to say I'd be reluctant to buy it. I bought Spiderman on the xbox and though it was fun at first zipping around the city and throwing yourself off of a building every now and then it got boring very quickly and gave me no reason to ever pick it up again. I would imagine that this may well be the same, I'll stick to things like GTA I think.

sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Superman.

He's a strange bloke, likes wearing blue tights over red pants. Jumps tall buildings, runs faster than a speeding bullet, big pansy when near some kind of green glowy stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.