BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts

I was also suprised that the kit wasn't on sale after the game but then that would have been a good marketing combination by Lonsdale which is obviously a bit beyond them.

After the game we went in the store only for it to be shut by 5.30. This to me was a hideously wasted opportunity by lonsdale/rovers. Now at the time of closing there were loads of people in, and for the next half hour or so they were still turning people away, as the queues inside were dealt with. Surely if they'd have kept open till 6.30 or even 6 a lot more stuff could have been sold as well as retaining the goodwill of the majority of supporters they had turfed out (a few people around me were rather put out at being prevented from having a look round and kicked out into the rain.) I appreciate that normally 5.30 may be quieter but with many fans staying on to applaud the team, delaying the closing time by half an hour or so would have been a logical idea.

The worst example of customer service that day was one lad who had brought some shorts but the cashier hadn't taken the tag off the shorts. Though there were still queues and clearly would be for some time, the supervisor wouldn't let the guy in to get the tag off - which would have taken all of 30 seconds. This kind of behaviour to me is not only impolite but is daming to both lonsdale and rovers reputation. We don't have a fan base large enough to alienate them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately waitin for the away shirt.... hope it comes out first like it has the last the last couple of seasons... so i aint tempted by the blue and white... red HSA shirt was class and didnt fall apart unlike this seasons home (sponser and red line on arm fell off) both AMD and HSA fell off my kappa home shirts and the yellow away kappa got a snag, when i cut the snag off, the thread followed right round the shirt and left a huge hole...........like summit from a cartoon..............so lets talk quality Lonsdale...id rather pay £35 than £25 if it will last a season!!!

I was also suprised that the kit wasn't on sale after the game but then that would have been a good marketing combination by Lonsdale which is obviously a bit beyond them.

406534[/snapback]

What do you mean beyond them.......arent they now part of one of the biggest sports manufacturers in the world...sports world ..........who also own Diadora, Admiral, Donnay, Le Coq Sportif and I think a large chunk of Umbro........so im sure they know how to market......

You couldn't be more spot on if you tried

405799[/snapback]

JACK-AN-ACK-ANORY

I liked the kit, the Dark Blue was the right shade and the shorts and socks were nice and plain, superb effort from the club IMHO

If you see the blue and white and don't love it aren't you supporting the wrong team?

rover.gif

Definately waitin for the away shirt.... hope it comes out first like it has the last the last couple of seasons... so i aint tempted by the blue and white... red HSA shirt was  class and didnt fall apart unlike this seasons home (sponser and red line on arm fell off) both AMD and HSA fell off my kappa home shirts and the yellow away kappa got a snag, when i cut the snag off, the thread followed right round the shirt and left a huge hole...........like summit from a cartoon..............so lets talk quality Lonsdale...id rather pay £35 than £25 if it will last a season!!!

406558[/snapback]

I have all those shirts, except the red HSA and wear them a lot. No problems with any of them yet....

I have grown accustomed to the red trim and it i am finding hard to adjust to not having the red trim. Give it a week of owning it and i'll forget all about the red trim.

Whats the chance of some of you guys getting hold of it for when your in Germany? It would be nice to see a few Rovers shirts on t.v. at non-england games.

May see some Hertha Berlin ones though as they wear the same blue & White halves, I think

406656[/snapback]

Yeah they do, I had one a few years ago, also had a porto one cos for some reason they decided on blue and white halves for a year or two, think there is some Japanese team, maybe Korean, that also wear blue and white halves...........might look, far east kits are always wierd but cool...........like they have 8 year olds as the designers or summit

I have grown accustomed to the red trim and it i am finding hard to adjust to not having the red trim. Give it a week of owning it and i'll forget all about the red trim.

Whats the chance of some of you guys getting hold of it for when your in Germany? It would be nice to see a few Rovers shirts on t.v. at non-england games.

406618[/snapback]

aye, i deffo want mine for then

• 1 month later...

Nothing to do with Rovers's new kits, but I thought this might interest a few people.

Grasshoppers of Zurich's new kit

IPB Image

Everyones favourite Swiss team

is that the goalies kit on the bloke at the back?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.