BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Prem League Of Darts At King George's

Awesome stuff from Priestley tonight to remain top, in front of 5,000 Yorkshire folk in Sheffield.

Taylor v Barney still to come - but they'll only be playing for 2nd place in the league!!

(edit) - how random!! Robbie Savage is in the practice room with Taylor and Barney!

Did you not hear the crows singing "Stand Up, If you hate Savage" and "Sheep Sha**er"

Taylor v Barney produced another epic. Taylor was 5-1 down and ended up winning 8-6...absolutely Brilliant.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match Barney v Taylor, I thought Taylor was going to lose his unbeaten record in the Prem league, although Baerney was guilty of some misses that could have won him the game.

I think Priestley could win it this year he is in fantastic form at the moment.

Also James Wade is appearing at the Old Vic in Preston on 16th March £2 to play him whoever beats him shares the pot.

Edited by Grabbi Graeme

• 1 month later...

I'm on the floor. If it's the same layout as last year I'll be to the right hand side of the stage as you look at it from the floor.

I've already booked Friday off work. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasta

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from King Georges Hall after watching another great night of darts, especially Barny and Priestly both going for a 9 darter in the same leg.

When I got to King Georges Hall I was told I couldnt get in wearing a Rovers training top as football shirts were not allowed, fair play to the security person who allowed me to leave my Rovers shirt with them and borrow my mates sweatshirt, but when I got inside I noticed at least 5 people with football shirts on, if your gonna have a rule at least be consistant with it.

As for the little fracas in the crowd during the the Taylor vs Lloyd match, I hope this minority of idiots haven't put the PDC off returning to Blackburn next year, also loved Taylor's showman bit when the trouble started and they had to stop the game, Lloyd and others on stage went off while Taylor entertained the crowd with some boxing moves.

It was quite close to where i was sat. There was a disagreement between two lads which kicked off. The security came in and removed one of the lads. However on the way past the front of the stage he seemed to kick off with the security guy who was throwing him out. More security rushed over to help, then all his mates from the table got up and piled into them. Lloyds went off stage but Taylor stayed on and made a joke of it.

Shameful really. I think that incident will be the end of Prem League darts at King Georges Hall.

Me too unfortunately.

I went last year and sat downstairs, but due to ticket sales had to go upstairs this year, where I was slightly disappointed with quite a few empty seats, despite all the tickets being sold.

Maybe they didn't sell on eBay or ticketmaster, who knows!

Also if they do move it from Blackburn, we have Blackpool, and probably another North West venue, so I'm sure you would still be able to get tickets. maybe the MEN? Not sure.

As for the football shirts, when you buy the tickets, your given a letter by the PDC and the first rule is NO Football Shirts, so I wasn't suprised to hear a few people having to take theirs off, but my one gripe was that a few people where wearing Holland shirts, how that doesn't class as a football shirt I don't know!

Either way a good night, plenty of beer and.................how fit was that waitress who did the walk on before it started? Katie I think she was called! :D

• 1 month later...

Premier League Semi final's and Final this evening

Phil Taylor Vs Dennis Priestley

Barney Vs Terry Jenkins

I think Taylor will win the Prem League and keep his unbeaten run in the competition, would be nice to see a Taylor Vs Barney final with The Power getting his revenge on the dutchman.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody watching the UK Open on Sky, nice to see the pub players getting the chance to play the pro's, pick of the 5th round draw is Part vs Barney.

Yep, Had my money on Manley to win the competition e/w. Shame he drew Taylor in the last round. I think that Adrian Lewis is looking pretty sharp as well. Had a small punt on him to win.

What a cracking start to tonights Darts....Taylor getting a nine dart finish.

Barneveld has just beaten Taylor 11 - 4.

Semis.

Van der Voort V Osbourne and Barneveld V Lloyd.

I think it will be a Osbourne - Barneveld final, with Barneveld retaining his title.

• 1 month later...

Worl Match play has started tonight , Kevin Painter through also good to see Mardle showing some form against Dudbridge and making it through to the second round.

Cracking match between Scholten and Mason, Mason thought he going to take the lead when it was 11 all, cause he only had 40 to get and Scholten needed 120, a shanghi on 20's from Scholten put him 12-11 up and you could see how much that screwed Mason as in the next leg he could hardly hit anything.

Another great night of darts, good win for Priestley, and what a match between Manley and Van Gerwen, hard luck for Manley after coming back to draw level and eventually losing.

I thought Taylor was going to continue his bad form after the first four legs of his game against Wes Newton, but after Taylor hit that 164 checkout to go 3-2 up he went back to the Taylor of old and a great 10-2 win, have to feel for Newton who was blown away by Taylor.

Also good win for King as well against Lloyd.

I've got £30 on Painter to beat Taylor with a 6.5 leg start.

:ph34r:

Normal people would edit this post now as it looks as though I'm knackered but I'll leave it up for the crack.

Edited by Hasta

• 2 months later...

King Georges hall has finally been given the bullet as a Premier League Darts venue. Unsuprising really considering the trouble last year and the fact the event has obviously outgrown the location.

Nearest location for 2008 is the MEN on the 14th February. Tickets £20 & £25

Dates here

Edited by Hasta

Congrats to James Wade on his win over Terry Jenkins in the darts Grand Prix final, Jenkins was slow to start though and you cant gift Wade a 3 set lead although Jenkins did well to try and get back into it.

Wade is a nice bloke I met him and played against him earlier this year in Preston, he has to be up there for the world championship in December.

Congrats to James Wade on his win over Terry Jenkins in the darts Grand Prix final, Jenkins was slow to start though and you cant gift Wade a 3 set lead although Jenkins did well to try and get back into it.

Wade is a nice bloke I met him and played against him earlier this year in Preston, he has to be up there for the world championship in December.

Was really impressed with Wade, never seen him play before until the match he played the other night when he obviously wasn't well, and to quote Sid: "He looks like he's been picking bananas in a rainforest." Nevertheless he toughed it out and scraped through.

Wish I'd had a few quid on him to beat Barney and Jenkins. Might have a bet on him for the World Championship although that tournament isn't an exact guide as it largely hinges on how quickly you get away on the double.

Was watching a bit of snooker last night and was struck by how slow paced and boring it now seems in comparison to the darts.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.