BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 1 Arsenal 0

percy

I agree with your points Paul.

Lets not underestimate MGP's effect on the game, and had he stayed on, who knows, maybe another goal?

386651[/snapback]

Certainly wouldn't underestimate his contribution, he came from nowhere as at least 3 and perhaps 4 Arsenal defenders stood around waiting to see what would happen. Saying that I think over a match MGP has a tendency to disappear for periods, Peter didn't do that yesterday, how he will perform in the future remains to be seen.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif PATER may not have been on top form yesterday,but we were playing arsenal,i thought he did very well and is worth a run in the team,mgp is obviously struggling with a injury surely it is better to rest him and give pater a few games tinykit.gif

rover.gif only going off what i heard on motd,i thought we had a new player,if its PE-TER i will call him PE-TER,but whilst motd and graham livsey and the rovers team announcer call him PA-TER waggy will tinykit.gif

386663[/snapback]

I suppose you think our number 12 is Henrik Pedersen like they do?! wink.gif

rover.gif lets not get carried away lads,bellamy has played 3, 90 minutes in a row,so the hamstring is about to go.he is the difference between sucsess and averageness,if bellamy plays every game from now till the end of the season we may make europe,if not we are too lightweight up front.

the trick bellers used to go past sendorous was fantastic,he laid mgp's goal on a plate,that was class-pure class.we will have a job to hold on too bellamy next season if he continues too play like this,i thought his overall playwas superb,just can't understand why he drifts to the wing though. tinykit.gif

386641[/snapback]

I think we are a better team than that and I'm rather tired of people talking like this. Yes, when Bellamy plays we have an extra dimension and a player of real quality up front, but we didn't get to 5th, or even in the top 10, because we rely so much on a player who's been injured for quite a large part of the season. Against the top clubs we probably need him in order to really cause them trouble and win, though the Manchester United game maybe proved otherwise, but I still think that as a team we are better and good enough to beat a lot of sides in this division and that is what will keep us at this sort of standing in the league. As for having trouble holding onto him, I don't think we will. He'd probably only leave us for one of the big 4 and I can't really see any of them coming in for him, firstly because they can get better and secondly because of his long history of problems.

It was a great performance yesterday and I had honestly expected us to lose, but we played magnificently. It certainly would be wonderful if we win next Sunday but I don't think we will (but I thought that before this game as well).

Have to agree with flopsy, the only dampner on the day was England losing to Scotland, other than that it was pretty much perfect.

Great result, but we need to keep it going if we're going to get into Europe.

Thought Todd played well and Bellamy was superb.

Peter (or whatever his name is) showed inexperiance when we just needed to keep hold of the ball, but the more games he playes the better he'll be.

Bring on the Spuds...............

If Pedersen isn't fit for Spurs I don't wanna see Peter start.

Yesterday he showed that despite him having potential, his age means he can be a complete liability, and that's a risk we can't take in a game that could have major implications on not only our season, but immediate future as a top flight club.

If Pedersen isn't fit for Spurs I don't wanna see Peter start.

Yesterday he showed that despite him having potential, his age means he can be a complete liability, and that's a risk we can't take in a game that could have major implications on not only our season, but immediate future as a top flight club.

386683[/snapback]

I hope by top flight club you mean as in top of the premiership and not being in the premiership. I hope we won't be relegated if we lose on Sunday. The only other option to Peter is Emerton, he's been pretty impressive in this small cameo appearances lately, but we'll have to see what Hughes thinks.

Why resort to the tried and failed in Emerton? By that logic, when Rovers were looking for a new manager, they should have gone for a tried and 'trusted' guy like George Graham, Terry Venables or even John Gregory. Emerton did impress on the left wing once against Liverpool (when he made Josemi look rubbish) but hasn't really don't much there or in his favoured right midfield position.

Peter has earned his chance with his impressive sub appearances, although he didn't do as well as he would have hoped versus Arsenal..

I hope by top flight club you mean as in top of the premiership and not being in the premiership. I hope we won't be relegated if we lose on Sunday. The only other option to Peter is Emerton, he's been pretty impressive in this small cameo appearances lately, but we'll have to see what Hughes thinks.

386684[/snapback]

I mean by if we get into the Champions League we have real chance to do what I would call a ''Villareal,'' and turn into a major force domestically and a decent european outfit.

This is from The Observer's match report. It made me smile:

Arsenal have an excellent record against Blackburn, despite all the bruises they have picked up in recent seasons, but they knew they were back in Lancashire as early as the 10th minute.

Cesc Fabregas was skipping into the penalty area chasing a return pass from Thierry Henry when he ran into a brick wall called Ryan Nelsen. Referee Uriah Rennie blew for a foul, even though all the defender had done was stand his ground, because Nelsen had managed to stick his face into Fabregas' and there was only going to be one loser in that collision.

The Arsenal player rolled around on the turf in agony, periodically checking to see whether he had lost any teeth, while the unruffled Nelsen discussed the finer points of the law of obstruction with the referee from an upright position. Arsenal would prefer Real Madrid any time, or any other team who do not play with their faces.

WAS IT NOT TODD?

386692[/snapback]

No it was Nelsen. It's a typical arsenal tactic to provide Henry with free kick opportunities. Push the ball past the defender and then run into him and go to ground. Refs (the thick sods) allow themselves to get suckered by it continually.

rover.gif we will have a job to hold on too bellamy next season if he continues too play like this,i thought his overall playwas superb,just can't understand why he drifts to the wing though. tinykit.gif

386641[/snapback]

imo Bellamy's simply picking out the slowest and most cumbersome opposing defender who will struggle to cope with his pace the most waggy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.