BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 1 Arsenal 0

percy

rover.gif i think arsenal will be wrapping their stars in cotton wool for the return leg,they have a great chance off going through so i expect their youth team sat tinykit.gif

ps it just said on tv arsenal are the 1st english team to beat madrid,team in name only,not one englishman tinykit.gif

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif i think arsenal will be wrapping their stars in cotton wool for the return leg,they have a great chance off going through so i expect their youth team sat tinykit.gif

ps it just said on tv arsenal are the 1st english team to beat madrid,team in name only,not one englishman tinykit.gif

385671[/snapback]

Shocking isn't it! Hopefully that UEFA/FA ruling will come through about a certain percentage of your squad/starting 11 having to be from the country you play in.

Shocking isn't it! Hopefully that UEFA/FA ruling will come through about a certain percentage of your squad/starting 11 having to be from the country you play in.

385677[/snapback]

Because Rovers are full of English players aren`t they huh.gif

Q & A finally updated at the start of the preview

Have to admit, before tonight's match I was quietly confident we'd get a result this Saturday. After watching Arsenal tonight, I think the only way we're gonna get anything will be to rough 'em up and make sure the likes of Henry & co. are closed down quickly.

They'll be brimming with confidence after tonight's great result mad.gif

We might not have many English players (add Reid to the English list - he's about as Irish as I am) but we have plenty of British lads.

Plus, its much easier to have a natural affinity for players from English-speaking nations such as New Zealand, America and Oz.

We might not have many English players (add Reid to the English list - he's about as Irish as I am) but we have plenty of British lads.

Plus, its much easier to have a natural affinity for players from English-speaking nations such as New Zealand, America and Oz.

385688[/snapback]

Yes, we do look a bit like a British empire team don't we? Englnad, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand. All we need is an Indian and a Canadian and we would have all the big bits of it. Shame Dwight isn't here, as he could have been the West Indies representative...

If they hit us on the break as they did Madrid, they will score more than one goal

Henry is off in the summer, anyone else pick up on body language? Looks totally demotivated and not putting the effort in we know he can.

385707[/snapback]

Is that sarcasm? If not i must have watched a different game as i've never seen Henry play as hard.

As for them hitting us on the break, if we defend like Madrid did with no full backs or midfield we'll be overrun, but we won't defend like that.

Is that sarcasm? If not i must have watched a different game as i've never seen Henry play as hard.

As for them hitting us on the break, if we defend like Madrid did with no full backs or midfield we'll be overrun, but we won't defend like that.

385708[/snapback]

No sarcasm at all, never seen him play as hard are you having a laugh?

Liverpool (a) - The guy barely broke sweat

Real Madrid (a) - Apart from his goal and the 2 times he broke through the defence, you cant tell me he really played the best he could.

I see what you are saying in a way, hes a model professional who obviously wouldn't laze about, but it just felt like he really does see his future away from Arsenal and is trying to put a front on this. I cant see him staying if they dont qualify for CL again next season

I thought Henry was well up for it last night. He has always been a player who saved his energy in games for the explosive moments. What was un-Henry like was his lack of accuracy; had been on his usual form, Henry would have notched at least one more.

In the English game, Arsenal are being frustrated by two solid lines of four forcing them to knock it about sideways and a lack of midfield and defensive bite when the opposition breaks out.

I suspect Saturday will be cat and mouse at Ewood although it could be a rip-roarer.

I had expected Arsenal to win in Madrid and I am keeping shtum about what I am certain will happen on Saturday.

We can only hoping their efforts last night and the prospect of the return leg lower Arsenal's performance levels somewhat on Saturday. In saying that, their performances this season mean they only deserve respect rather than fear of previous years. They obviously don't like a physical tustle as much as they used to (the departure of one player really can make such a difference, it would seem) and we've definietly got a chance of taking something if everyone performs.

the arse done well lastnight, wenger had his tactics which destroyed real's defence.

hopefully the reseves will be in line to face us at ewood park as they looked knackered towards the end of the game plus the travelling lagg, its all good news.

i think we may get a big gate in on sat, anybody got any news on the ticket sales? smile.gif

I think we'll lose - Reyas looked very good, especially considering he was getting kicked left right and centre.

Henry looked sharp and Freddie and Pires are due to score, therefore 1-3 Arsenal

Bellers - Henry, Calvin Klein Model and Dodgy bearded diving french man

i think it will be a much tougher task now after last night

isnt the next leg next week though?

385732[/snapback]

march the 8th is the 2nd leg mate.

i know some folk said about reyes including myself playing well lastnight apart from his diving but the incident when he was injured and off the pitch and then decided to roll around and back onto the playing surface was well laugh.gif

385688[/snapback]

I love how when someone has to make a point, the players are British, but when it comes to international matches they are Welsh/Scottish &*(&@#$*(ers.

The Arse looked a good side because the lily whites allowed them the luxury,

when was the last time RM ever played defence? And I'm not referring to kicking lumps out of their opponents' legs.

I would imagine Rovers will look to lock down the freewheeling aspect of the Arse's game and will more than make a match of it--Sparky will make certain of it.

C'mon lads, where's the proper attitude? This is good side be positive -- all's not lost !

Edited by blue/white

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.